PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
Me gonna be there in April
Do you have some suggestions, hints or insider tips of where to go, what to do and whom to meet?
I have been there once but did not know spinning . . . times change
Anyone of you planning to go there as well?

looking forward

andy

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Hi Andy,

I was there for the October full Moon Party, which was great!

A superb place to stay which is really cheap and secluded is the Leila Beach huts which is just over the hill at the other end of Koh Pang Yang (away from either the bus drop off point or ferry port).

The Drop In Bar has fire spinners there every night and they usually don't mind you using there fuel (as long as you ask nicely and buy a few beers and show them some moves) but on Full Moon night spinners appear from everywhere. I met a couple of french guys who were fantastic, and spent most of the night with them spinning.

There are a couple of places where you can buy paraffin, which is sold in 1ltr bottles and is either blue or purple. One being if your walking from the main cross roads in the centre of town to the ferry port on a slight rise is a general supplies shop with what looks like petrol pumps in a side shed. They sell it.

I hope this is of help and I'm sure you'll have a superb time.
D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
1000 thx
do you have any idea in how far I have to make reservations? Last time my Thai friends organized everything for me . . .