bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just to say....:
we(te POOKa) are doing a 20 min fire show on the friday night at the britishjugglingconvention (in brighton, April 10-13)

we plan for the final five minutes to be a free play for all those who wish to join us(a la glastonbury if anyone recalls...).

however there are a few provisos.

1:we will be performing in front of the most critical crowd in the world(except maybe the ejc one ) so only perform if you feel you would be comfortable in front of between 500 and 2000 seriously obsessed object manipulators....

2:everyone MUST get a safety briefing from me or our safety officer. this is a requirement from festival oganisers and us too. if you don't get this(and unfortunately i will be checking) you won't get to play . with this in mind i will probably have a watch and talk to any i feel need to keep an eye out for others (no offence intended, but again we cannot do anythig deemed unsafe)

3: there is not an immense amount of space in the midst of our set. if i get inundated with replies i will have to find some fair way of sorting which i have not yet discovered. this will however mean some people might be disappointed. again i'm sorry about that in advance but there is nothing i can do if this happens.

ok. now i have thouroughly put anyone off joining up, let me go thru the best bits.

1: performing in front....(covered in point 1 above)
2: point 1 .
3: we would love to have as many as possible for this.

more info will be posted in this thread about the exact format of the show soon enough, but i must run off to bed cause i'm knackered after 6 hours rehearsal

g'night...

Rob

either me or glass(if you're in london or nearby) can be contacted about this, or just respond here......

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Glåss:

ditto

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
commn peeps! this is gonna be fun!

?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hello?

there must be more than 3 people wanting to do this.....

additionally you will gain te POOKa love

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i get the feeling that anyone who is up for this (and i know of at least 4 people in my car alone ) may have already done the real world conversation thing with yourself or drew?

i could be wrong but thats why i haven't posted and the same goes for the others i mentioned.

now, tell me more about this 'te POOKa love'...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Yep. In fact everybody want to do it.
So its probably easier to say...
Post here if you will not be taking part

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
te pooka love? hummmmmmmmmmmmm, nice.

?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Chameleonmember
6 posts

Posted:
hi. i new member n not sure where this message will come up... but... well up for playing in brighton... tell me more...

... its like being two inches tall on ten foot stilts

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
err.. not sure if I'm up to TePOOKA love standard.. but if ya needs a little pixie in the background a la Glasto 2002 stylie - let me know.. I'll be up for it.. I'm in Surrey and have a place to crash in Brighton if needs be.. have car so will travel..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm not up for it. My moves just aint badass enough. I'll love watching from the front row tho

Josh

[ 27. March 2003, 10:07: Message edited by: [Josh] ]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
more forethcoming next week when i have more than 2mins to spare.

must say i disagree mr josh i can distinctly remember some badass moves on your behalf and would be shocked and offended if you did not join us(you get the front row seat for the rest anyway )

love y'all

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
man, I get shaky in front 70 good object manipulators (witness my droppage at PIP), I cant imagine performing in front of hundreds (thousands?!?!)...I think I would end up dropping *all* my moves - and that would be a nightmare come true...

not meaning any offense, but I dont think I'm up to that kind of pressure...

Josh

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
none taken.... but i truly beleive you would only enhance any of our performances, and we'd be honoured if you could join us. tho if you really don't want to i won't push it(don't remember you dropping at all at pip tho )

soon
R

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
wtf. one of the slickest double staffers I've ever seen doesn't think he;s up to it.

josh you talk too much
you're doing it with us.

Or to put it another way. you know that set of poi tails you left in london.
Either you burn with us, or I burn your poi

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I like the gentle persuasion.

I'm not going - if that helps Was this thread really to post in and say no? Or am I being stupid. eeep!

hope you all have fun though.

You doing Glastonbury again this year monkey-boy?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh for crying out loud dudes!

I sincerely appreciate the comments (cept that stuff about burning my poi!!! ) Can we discuss it in person perhaps? I just got the time off today, and I know Kate told her work that either they give her the time or shes gonna quit. Love her dedication So we will both be there.

I'll be easier to convince once I'm there, but I dont want to work myself up...perhaps can I wait until we have been there for a day or so to see how I feel? Tis all ok for you seasoned performers!

Josh

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Hi bulecat

Will be there and available; sound like fun!

Looks like i might be the only devil sticker there tho

Laters

Ads

Is that magnets!?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
ARGH I will be in paris exactly at that time so i will try and light up at the same time for some firey communion with you, some of the people I love best in da whole world...

I hope Josh will join , you flow like not many people flow, Josh , and i say that from a sole 2 minutes two years ago at the end of COL 1, so i can only hope you will be shining and dancing then with katinca cause it would be a great loss for all the jugglers there to not see that... i mean it ...

Did I say i love you guys ?

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
and mon chaton

format pretty much sorted, but going to wait til we have had a couple more rehearsals before i spring it on you.... (monday i think... and it's prett straightforward anyway....... we will be there thursday night, but setting up all day friday and so pretty obvious i hope.... come and find me in the morning.... i have blue(green at the moment!) and dark dreads, and am approachable anytime after i have eaten something in the morning.

see you all veryveryvery soon

love
R

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
If your still looking for fire spinners and of the female variety - count me in.

Should be fun.

Josh and I arrive on Wednesday after a mammoth coach trip, and then will set up camp and chill.

What's your plans?

Who else is camping? we should make a HOP campsite??

Drew....?? any ideas?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
lots of luck to mister Rob,glass, nix, josh Te pooka and all those crazy enough to join in.

wish i could be there to watch

lots of lolli love and huge hugs to all those i adore on this thread(that includes. .say all of you)

special luck to mister Rob for all the reharsals too.

lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place