Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southampton UK 'SPOC' & FUN FAIR!! 26th April

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
The sun is shining, the weather is improving..
Does any one fancy a picnic type affair on the common in S'hampton on a saturday day to evening and maybe beyond??

I tried to get something together for this weekend - but it all went a bit flat..

Anyhoo.. If you think it could be a good idea.. lettuce know.. and I'll try to sort it out..

picnics by close to the sea side..

[ 23. April 2003, 00:53: Message edited by: MisStix* ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Misstix, I would be up for a jaunt over the summer. Summer sun, picnics by the sea - nice!

PIB?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
or perhaps
POP (poi on the beach)

or even
SPOB (staff & poi on the beach)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Woo!HCH No 2
216 posts

Posted:
However good SPOB may become, it's a marketing nightmare. SPOB? Yeah sure, i'll be there! icon13

Drop us a line if anyrthing comes of this though! I can come and watch and drink and Scchh- moke.

[ 18. March 2003, 06:45: Message edited by: The Scientist (jim) ]

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
SPOB.. I think it would be more like SPOC - on the common.. Strugz and I used to meet up by the cowheards as they have beer.. but I'll ask him if he knows and good beach spots at all...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well SPOC certainly has a better ring to it and proximity to beer always a plus

- W B Yeats

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I'd be up for a trip down to sunny Soton.
I went to Uni there (2 years ago now ) and loads of mates are down there still.

Good make a good weekend of it.
A bit wierd seeing my old local the Hobbit in the news about the girl who got murdered though

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Well, it's not quite as far as Guildford or London, so I'll be there!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
yey! Well looks like Durbs and I will be draggin the guildford lot down too..so you'll be able to meet us all!

I'll set a date on friday, probably going to be in the next few weeks..

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
D'uh!!! Sorry Ow just checked your profile - James I already know you! tee hee hee!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
If (when) we do go to So'ton, can we go to Lennon's afterwards? It's my fave "club" (glorified pub with a late license is probably better description).

Oooooo and neck some Frodo's and Gandalf's in the Hobbit too - it's gonna be messy

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Wicked - nice to hear that spinning peeps shall be heading this way!

Anytime is good for me Stix as you well know, coz im always here! Lennons would be a good place to go aft Durbs, ive had a few messy nights there myself.

As far as nice beach locations go though mmmmmm, i think you wanna go along the coast a bit, Southampons sea side scenery is full of stones and sewage!

The common is a nice spot, plenty of room, a pub and an ice cream van!

Look 4wd to it, hope to see ya all soon!

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I just thought that with all the btb and btl stuff I've been attempting recently, I should change my name accordingly!

J

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean..

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Okey dokes.. after 'aving words with some of you last night.. how does the last weekend of April sound? THe 26th to be precise..

I think it would be nice if we meet early afternoon and then see what happens, Durbs is ademant that we all go to Lennons after for a piss up - people that I have spoken to have accomadation available in S'hampt.. so get calling those friends that you've not seen in ages and ask them out for a spinny day - or drinkie pops in the eve..

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Why Hellooooo

Stix the weekend of 26 April sounds sweet to me!

I shall roll out the red carpet for your arrival, if i cant find the red carpet ill roll a spliff instead!

Look forward to seeing ya,

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
now you know a spliff would be better, my muddy boots would just mess the carpet up!

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Me coming too
How could i resist?? Beer, Smoke, A beach, Fire, MisStix....Impossible!!!!!!!
Is it defiantly going to be the 26th of April??? As i will book the time off work NOW this minute
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hunny calm down - I am afraid that I have to dissapoint you - no beach.. BUT we got common and thats pretty and the Cowheards is a nice pub.. but then again the last time Strugz and I went there - we nearly got chucked out - but nothing to do with us promise.. just the company we were keeping - well funny tho!!

Yes hun the 26th of april is confirmed come rain of shine.. we will be fine!.. Wooo hooo! Yay! La la laaa..

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
hey all.

just a quick note to say - I think I'm a-gonna make an appearance.

you got somewhere for this fairy to stay?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
yeyeeeyyy!!!! Woop woop woop!!

I'll have a scout about...

If I decide not to get drunk - which I sometimes do - you are welcome to crash at mine, but it's about an hours drive from S'hamt.. but I'm sure we got a mate or two in S'hamt that will accomadate.. *cough Strugz Cough* *cough Tara cough*

[ 02. April 2003, 20:23: Message edited by: MisStix ]

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Mate, you want to get some medicine for that cough of yours!, sounds nastey

With the brilliant news of the Fairy heading our way, of course we can find her a place to rest her weerie head after a hard days spinning!

Roz you are more than welcome to crash in soton wiv us for the eve, we shall make you feel at home! Be good to see ya anyhows.

Send us a mail or summit if you fancy coming over and ill arrange to come get ya from da station or summit.

Anyhow must dash, speak soonz!

Strugz

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
err 22 days to go!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
strugz babe, thanks for the offer.

If I can come I'd love to crash with you guys, but I can't make plans till closer to the time m'fraid you finished your fire swords yet cos I really want to see those beasts!

ooooooooooooo - me got some kevlar coming this week me gonna make some fairy doubles!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ha Ha tiz almost apon us

No worries Roz, like i said, give us a mail if ya want pickin up, hope you can make it though

Swords have been completed for about a month or so, they are heavy, robust and make me scared when both alight, but besides that they are awsome fun to play with

Got some nice doubles stuff to show ya as well,

Anyhow see ya all soon

Strugz

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Where are you getting kevlar from?

Meh

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Righti ho- time is a drawing closer.. It's getting dark about 7 ish at the mo.. so hows about we all meet up at about 3 or 4? We can have a drink in the Cowheads to steady my nerves and meet faces that we've not met before. Then we can follow Strugz into the depths of the common to play..

Ok I remember the last time we were on the common was highly amusing and the local S'hamt oiks came to watch us.. *yous is faking wicked, faking wicked mates* seemed to be the cry.. tee hee hee..
Then when it gets too dark (?) or cold we can toodle off to the pub again to warm up and have some din-dins..

Everyone still up for it?

Hope so - or I'll be a lonely little pixie on the common.

I'll post up my mobile number closer to the time so anyone can call me if needs be.. anyone coming on their own - please call us to lettuce know whats happening, specially girlies.. don't forget that Hannah was murdered a few weeks ago in S'hamt.. don't want to bring a downer on anything, but also don't want anyone to put themselves in danger.. We got lots of HoP brothers and sisters.. we'll protect you.. anyway - which nutter would really try to do anything to someone carring a big stick? - but you can never be too careful..

ok ok.. Mum over and out..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Mum
I'll speak to The Scientist tonight when he pops into mine after work for a brew, and sort it out with him. I'll PM you tomorrow.
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
mmmmm pub, yes , 3-4 oclock for drink, yes follow Strugz into depth of common, You are a brave lot!

By sounds of it this will be a fine turnout, got msg from OW (James) today who is coming along with some of his pompey friends to!

Mum , dont worry about the kids, remember the old saying safety in numbers.......also like you said big stix will help! the common seems to be a hot spot for the late night wierdos, i go there every week!

Looking 4wd to it!

Strugz

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm letting them know. I'm not going to force them at staff point or anything . I'm guessing there will be a few poi'ers at Decadance on saturday as well, so I'll be running around telling them all about it as well!
Not sure if I'll be driving over or getting the train, but if anyone needs someone to travel with, I'll be heading over early. I'm not scary or anything.

J

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ooops, I slipped and *bumped* by head..

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Page: