KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
March 17th Paddy's Day

I order you all to march forth and partake in the amusements commonly referred to by the Irish as 'the craic' (pronounced crack).

Londonites - there are festivities on Sunday at Southbank.

Everywhere else, pints of beer (especially Guinness) will be consumed in vast amounts with people singing about the Fields of Athenry and wishing you were back in Carrickfergus, even if you have no idea where either place is.

I think Paddy's Day should be made a worldwide national holiday! And before anyone drones on about patron saints and all that..

Above all else St. Patricks Day is a celebration of music, dance, culture and most importantly

BEER

Slainte!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
last st patricks day i spent on a mountain.
i drank guinness
quite a bit of it
upon leaving the pub and whilst giving a piggy back, i fell over.
then i got nine stitches put in my face.

so this year, i can get as pissed as i like and pretty much whatever happens to me will be an improvement on last year.

happy paddy day for sunday everyone!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yay!!!
Cheers to everyone.
Bank holiday weekend for me too!!
I think it is one of the most celebrated holidays anyway. Generally involves all kinds of people just having fun.

It's also another excuse to play poi in the street!!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
UP a mountain drinking pints of Guinness sounds pretty good. although stitches in face not so good!

Ahh St. Paddy's Day in Dublin is always a mental affair, although the last time I was in Ireland for Paddy's Day was 1999. We went to see Kila (fab fab fab!) and went dancing in Temple Bar, teaching Americans how to ceili!

Luasca, Lusaca, Luasca, Lusaca, Luasca, Lusaca, Luasca,

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Wish it was a Bank Hol. weekend here UK are soooo bloody stingy with days off!!

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Happy Paddy's day indeed ! Not that I need any excuse to drink and wear green..

Woo Hooo! Have a great one..

Slainte!

People think I should be irish.. I have a trio of irish sisters as friends.. they've adopted me as a sister as I look more irish than them! sheesh red hair and freckles huh.. I could be a leprichaun!! Tee hee hee

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I love red hair and I love freckles.
A friend was telling me Kila is on this w/e too.
I'll mail you over a big mad leprichaun hat if you like. They sell them all over the place here.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Freckles are fairy kisses..

I been kissed lots by fairies..

Please can you tell me what/who Kila is as I've never heard of it..

AND I'd love a hat! to be sure, to be sure..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've never seen them but a friend is mad about 'em.

quote:

Kíla were again honoured with the acclaim of their home fans this year, picking up the Hot
Press Readers Poll for Best Traditional Irish Group 2002. Voted for by the readers of the
foremost Irish music magazine this award honours Kíla's live performances in Ireland in the
past year and acknowledges their steady growth in popularity over the last number of years.
They have also been nominated again in this years Meteor Awards along with Sinéad O Connor,
Christy Moore, John Spillane and The Chieftains.
Mail me your address and I'll post you a hat.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
MisStix honey since you are practically Irish you would love Kila! Hell even if you are not Irish you would love Kila.

I have seen Kila 3 times now. Twice in Tokyo and once in Ireland for Paddy's Day. The Paddy's Day show was brill. They had St. Patrick and 'Snake Lady' getting it on, on stilts no less!! Brilliant stuff and the music rocks.

Kila is essentially Irish traditional with an essence of tribal beats running throughout. I have not heard their latest stuff, although I saw that they had released a Monkey CD! Oh they have a website: check it out www.kila.ie and listen to some music clips!

You should make it to see them DSS if you have the chance! They rock! And Ragus are brilliant too (family plug, but without being biased Ragus are fabulous!)

MisStix! We want to see a photo of you wearing your Leprechaun Hat!!

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
For those in London who want to do more than drown the shamrock..

St. Patrick's Day Festival

- W B Yeats

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
RIGHT WHOS DOING BUSKING IN DUBLIN AFTER THE PARADE AND WHERE WILL WE DO IT.

i was thinking of going to grafton street from about 2, and spending the day/night there get a few beers and stuff. ariel has a few drummers coming together. i'll let ye know when i hear more.

oh yeah, goin to fibers for a jar at 6 if anyone is up for it

Slán go foil

Baz
EDITED_BY: doctor_fandango (1142510381)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005