Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
We are doing a small show in Houston this weekend .and are staying over til monday morning . if any one gets toghter to spin on sunday nights please send me an email of the location and time If we have any engery left we would love to spin with the texas people.

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
When are you getting in town, and where are you performing? We are having our local gathering on Friday night. There currently isn't anything planned for Sunday night, but if something pops up, I'll let you know.

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hi Riz, where/when is your show?

spritie: where is local for you? is the gathering you speak of the helios monthly?

thanks yall. i'm in college station btw, i get up to houston somewhat regularly.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
The Helios thing will apparently be suppressed for a couple of months until the fire marshals forget about the RI night club incident. Houston fire gatherings will be either at the McKee street park or at a private residence refered to as Autonomous Acres (AA). Go to Yahoo Groups and subscribe to GreatBallsOfFire for up to date info on Houston area fire gatherings.

Typically all gatherings are on Fridays, though there is an occasional Saturday get together. You may be able to get a few peeps to come out somewhere on a sunday, but I doubt either of our illustrious DJs will make the scene since they both have to work the next morning.

If you do manage a get together Riz, please give everyone there a big hug and tell them I miss them.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
We will be getting into Houston late fri night 9:30 or so.Doing a fire saftey workshop for the fetish folk on sat during the day at a place or group called eros. Then a real small show at a priv party later that night.I dout we can make the fri night deal.How late does it run ?I have heard so many good things about the houston fire peeps too.I really looked forward to spining with you all

wow you guys have djs at your spins we are lucky to get a drunk beating on a bucket at our get toghters :::laughs::::::::

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
rftek, I'm currently in Galveston, but I moved here a few months ago from Houston, so I still go up there regularly and would call that local for me.

The gathering on Friday night usually runs late - definitely past midnight but probably not past 2am. If you are still interested, let me know, and I can give you directions.

As far as spinning on Sundays goes, we had a great session this past Sunday, and I know several people were interested in going out again. I'll look into and see. People might be a little out of it though as we are having a poker benefit at the same location we spin at (someones house) on Sat.

Djs - yes we have a kick ass one that loves to spin for us. It is a hobby for him, so he is glad to do it to improve his skills.

jaidendawnmember
38 posts

Posted:
Riz-
If you are staying until monday morning perhaps I could host somekind of sunday night thing at my house. I will be out of town most of the rest of the weekend-including poker night-the rest of you have an incredible time there for me!
It would have to be a small gathering as my landlord lives across the stree-but seeing as this is a special occasion......
Would any other Houston peeps want to come out?

~~Every Object, Every Being, Is A Jar Full Of Delight...~~

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Please guys take care of my darling Riz he is ... ah ... he just is beautiful and you will all get along very well

Missing you adn wish I was with you all

Shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

jaidendawnmember
38 posts

Posted:
Danae-Promises to take care of him
Miss you doll
Riz-PM me if you are interested in Sunday night.

~~Every Object, Every Being, Is A Jar Full Of Delight...~~

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Cass sweety hope your well and happy in your travels...Fl misses you ..One question on your post though " Riz he is ... ah ... "" I hope that was a good ah? ::;;;;laughs::::::::

Jaidendawn
Yes I am game for sunday night I am looking forward to meeting some of the texas people

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sprinkles faery blessings on your too far to go gathering

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
and don't y'all forget dj curious george aka neptune is coming to austin for about a week, gets here tomorrow. warming up my boody chakra as we speak! he's gots lots of new breaks from snafran... stay tuned to email notices...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
spritie /jaidendawn
I am bummmed I couldnt make it on sunday night
I found these texas people are crazy about fire
we ended up doing two shows on sat night they just wouldnt let us leave(plus we didnt want to)we didnt finish our 2nd show til 4am sunday morning
sadly we were just wore out I am sure we will be back in texas very soon and this time we will build an extra day or two into our stay just to spin.
Kudos to all the texas fire people I was very impressed with what the people who saw our show said about the Houston area fire spinners.and how much these non fire type people knew about fire dancing.seems your group has done a wonderful job of educating people about it.my hat is off to all of you.
ps:: and boy every thing in texas is so damn big

MuunlytSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
old thread revival...
*defribulates it*

anything going on in houston/galveston/surrounding areas nowadays? smile