PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
There was initial talk of doing a theme camp and such with a circus motif. I am wondering what is going on as I would really like to go but have another offer than I need an answer on toot-sweet. And if there isn't going to be anyone around for me to really go with then I will head out west . But Om looks like fun.........

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hi Pele
I'm not in charge of the circus theme camp BUT I can assure you there will be many spinners/twirlers/burners etc. going to OM this year. Om is garunteed fun!!

Bethany

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure there is a fire spinning theme camp....cause I'm doing a workshop...though really bethany^^ and fieryflow are the peeps to give you info.

Otherwise Pele I know there will be lots of fire spinners there and it would be a pleasure to have you join in on the fun .

*~Lindsay~*

Om Namah Sivaya

MissAstrofunkloveBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
ME??
I'm not the one with the INFO !
That's ALLLLLL -the fore mentioned - F.F.
I am but a mear girl who swings poi in an average ammature mannor.
I attend parties, i dance, I spin.
life is symple!

....dance like nobodieswatching.... oh no wait, I'm not watching! My eyes are shut *crash* hehe oops sorry did I bump into you? *blush*

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
My goodness...

When is OM??? i might be back near Ottawa around that time and will bring my fire toys for sure!!!

DTKB

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
YES!!!

There will be all sorts of circus arts. I've gotten confirmation on Circus Jonathan, to do a tight rope workshop, and perhaps a performance on friday night.

Higher ground will be there for a stilt performance, or perhaps a workshop as well. The breakdancing styles of Shebang and a few other troupes are scheduled to arrive. We've got a contact dance instructor lined up for a workshop, and her students are all ready to go. I'm close to scheduling a capoiera instructor and obviously all the juggling and spinny artforms are already accounted for.

In case you haven't seen the pattern, we've expanded it from 'circus arts' to 'performance arts', In the hopes of creating an even more inspiring creative space.

The point of this exercise of course is to encourage creativity, fusion and most of all, community. It is my hope that it will create as strong interpersonal bonds as it does inspire new ideas and concepts within our community.

There will be fire-spinners coming from as far as Vancouver and SanFran, as close by as Montreal.

If you want to get involved PLEASE e-mail me as I don't check this board regularly enough.

lots of spinny luv,
Davy

smoky_dave@hotmail.com

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
oh yeah.. the tickets to Om will be 70$CDN this year.. The tickets through my theme camp will be discounted to 55-60$ most likely.

Let me know if you're interested so I can put you in my list.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
btw, for further details on the OM festival click here

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
lotsa responses already! And I'm super excited to see this belly-dancing workshop by Pele!!

Thanks Pele!!

this is gonna be AWESOME!

[ 14. March 2003, 09:15: Message edited by: FieryFlow ]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Fiery....So does that mean I get to teach you how to shake your thang? Men are welcome and encouraged! And I hope to see the rest of you there!

I am looking forward to it, not sure how much spinning I will do as I usually go to all sorts of shows and workshops when at these, but I wanted to give back..hence the teaching. Although, I am REALLY looking forward to the burlesque show! YEEEE---AYYY Baby!!!! *cracks the whip*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
dear pele,
i want to try the bellydancing workshop!!
look forward to meeting you. Om is gonna be soooooo much fun.