NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I KNOW that there have been MANY posts about what kind of music you listen to and I'm DETERMINED NOT to turn this into one. I have a specific question aimed only at those who know...I enjoy listening to Deep or Progressive Trance and have found Digweed's Los Angeles and D-Fuse's Progressive Mix absolutely perfect for my style of spinning. Unfortunately, most trance isn't deep enough for my taste and style.I'm not interested in regular trance, eurotrance, house, happy hardcore, hardcore trance, acid house, dance, jungle, ambient, ambient trance, progressive house, or whatever the heck else is out there because I've got buckets full of it... (don't get me wrong, I love it, I'm just swimming in it.)I'm just looking for some quality, DEEP, 130-132 bpm trance mixes to spin to. Any suggestions?{Please put any OTHER style suggestions on the other music threads that are open now... Thanks!}

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hmm can you be more specific about what you mean by deep trance? names like Deep, Progressive, Psychedelic etc are bandied around and stuck onto all different kinds of trance.... I think I might be able to help out, but I need you to spend a paragraph or so describing the kind of sounds, length of tracks, length of phrases, choppiness, busy(ness), mininal(ness) etc etc...I assume you dont like vocals... smile)Josh

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Look for Transport 4 mixed by max grahamor the Xmix mixed by Paul Van Dyk.PVD is usually a lot faster than this, but I think the xmix would be just what you are looking for

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sure...Definitely something trance related. Hearty soulful bassline. 132 BPM or slower. Not tons of bells and whistles. Almost hollow or dark sounding.For some reason I can't paste the link from www.cdnow.com listing of Digweed's "Los Angeles" CD. I wonder why that is... If you're bored or curious I'm thinking of the "Love in Traffic" or "1800Ming" tracks. Though any of them are close. Also the DFUSE "Progressive Mix Compilation 1.0" has some deep/progressive tracks as well.OK I'm TOTALLY annoyed that I can't simply "cut and paste" the links from the top of my screen onto this post. Someone want to tell my why that is? Are they speaking different computer language or something? smileI'd love to be able to just post the LONG websites to the exact albums on CDNOW that I'm thinking of but I can't... sorry dude!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh....you want MIXES. hmmm....sorry I dont buy mixes...I only buy comps...cuz I sometimes muck about with DJ'ing, mixed CD's gimme the shits (but *I* want to mix it!!!) smile)Josh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am not mean, I am just! rolleyesAnyway, RavingLunatic, in the delete topic thread it states that only forum leaders can delete a topic, that would be Admin (Malcolm) or us humble moderators. Being your ever dutiful slave, I deleted your topic for you, despite NYC's implications that I am a big meanie!Now for the mean part...I can't help you one single bit there NYC... tongue------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
I tend to like extremely fast paced music, and with a dominant beat, since it was always the stuff I danced to.I can no longer determine the bpm s on my music, and even if I could, I don't think the stuff I'm wallowing in would work at all... So I would like to know some names if ppl know them, too.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
if you want deep trance...kinda....or say really psychadelic trance...which the stuff i listen to is quite deep....tryastral projectioninfected mushroomhallucinogenshaktachi-adnot to many bleeps in those....i find it perfect for spinning to....*smiles*hope you find your way NYC...*smiles*GoaFire

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
also NYC if you have audio galaxy i could send you one of a friends mixes...its a lot deeper than any of the trance ive just mentioned....email me back and let me know your user name n we can arrange a time to transfer it...*smiles*goafire@hotmail.com or GoaFire1@aol.com*smiles n huggles*GoaFire

bulldozermember
38 posts

Posted:
GoaFire, you call astral projection, infected mushroom, hallucinogen, shakta and chi-ad for Deep Trance??? Interesting to say the least... Goa Trance would be a more accurate description or in Astral Projection and Infected Mushrooms case Hysterical Israeli Trance. Saw Infected live at Senseblender this summer. Truly horrible experience. Managed to listen to 2,5 tracks before I took refuge in the chill out. Hallucinogen OTOH did a really good set at Sola Luna about a week ago.NYC I've been thinking about your question. It's kinda hard to find Deep Trance as slow as 130 BPM but you might want to check out Atmos. He has made a couple of albums (Headcleaner and Overlap). Both of them are pretty good but Headcleaner is the better one of them.Noma and Vibrasphere might also have some suitable tracks (maybe a little faster though).Atmos, Noma and Vibrasphere are all on the Spiral Trax label.Another label worth checking is of course Spirit Zone.Good luck!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. --Mark Twain

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Anything by Digweed is gonna be the bomb - try Nrthern Exposure 1 and 2 for some particularly nice stuff.If you want the more pschadelic stuff then try the Return To The Source album - very nice!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
bulldozer, peoples opinions are what they are....anyway i said "deep trance...kinda....or say really psychadelic trance" i didnt reffer to it being completey deep trance...ive seen all but infected n im waiting to see them...but i have all of there stuff n i have to say its quite amasing...lets just agree to disagree okay n leave it at that....i dont want to nor do i like argueing...*smiles n huggles*goafire

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Genres are meaningless..Goa Trance, Deep Trance, Hard Trance, etc, they are all just words, trying in vain to pigeonhole a song.that being said, there are definitive things in each genre, namely BPM and certain sounds..it is all just music though, you have to listen to each song.personally I like trance, all flavors of it, from ambient to goa to hard trance..my all time favorite track has got to be The Lost Tribe - The Gamemasteranyone else heard this one?

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

tricky56member
23 posts

Posted:
I like GOAfire, they have good taste. But, looking for good trance, gotta go with Gouryella, lots of Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Ayla, Armin Van buuren. I also agree with the PVD. What is this Xmix that someone is talking about. Is it an actual release, or just mp3 live set.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
the live mix is a release but only available to those who go to the club i go to...sorry...it was made to make some money to bribe the indian police to release one of our friends...who when he went over to india had drugs planted on him at the airport by the indian police...this was a couple of years ago n hes been there ever since...they do this to "foreigners" so they can make a bit of easy money...its totally unfair... frowngoafire

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
RavingLunatic - Gamesmaster? FECKIN CHOOOON! Used to play that all the time when I was doing a but of radio in Bournemouth. Ahhhh, them were the days.......**wistful look**.......------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
yeah that's the best song ever eh..the Xmix is a set of PVDs, I downloaded it on mp3...let me know if anyone wants it, I can hook you up with my FTP..not right now though, my PC is kinda messed, but sometime soon in the future..Long Live Trance!

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Psyltmember

Posted:
I love to spin to Juno Reactor, especially "Ice Cube". It's pretty dark and hollow, and provides an excellent atmosphere IMHO.

-t-

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mmm Juno Reactor rock...except for Pistolero - I think that track sucks smileMy fav is Beyond the Infinite...so many rocking tracks..Josh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
All really good suggestions. I hit gnutella just to get a taste of what y'all were suggesting. I think that Josh needs to send me a few of his mixes and then I'll be able to tell which ones I like the best. smileGlad to be talking about something else for a while...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Juno Reactor: Ice Cube... Perrrrrfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm still trying to get the others. Slow connection... smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]