Page:
tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Saw on the news this morning that Glastonbury is going ahead again this year despite protests...

Apparently they are spending more on security and suchlike. Don't know anything more, alas, as the news report was sketchy on detail.

Don't worry, be happy...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh 1112. We like him!!!

I don't want to go near Coleman if he still has that cornflake stuck to his face though.....

Meh

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
nah, you're alright c@ntus - it got knocked off when i hit myself in the face last night.

tip of the day: don't try neck wraps with yo-yo's.

the cornflake has now been replaced with a slightly soggy mini weetabix.
with raisins in it.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should try Frosties - they're giving away X-Men dogtag things.

Not as lethal as a free jagged metal Krustie-O but not far off....

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
well...not really seeing as krusty-o's were entirely fictional...

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
WICKED! looks like there's going to be serious crew there!
MisStix - exactly the reason I say big fire circles...not nearly as intimidating..I'm so over the "oh you have a go and we'll all watch...now another person has a go by themselves"...Bah! it's about having loads of people playing at once! Big circles...more energy...more inspiration... more fun (shitloads more fun if you're observing on drugs!)

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Tempest - I know we've met hunny - but I was suffering from OH MY GOD I'VE JUST CRASHED MY CAR.. and I'd been drinking whiskey (medicinal of course)to steady my nerves since about 2pm after I fell apart like a little girlie in the central reservation of the M1.. so this time there won't be too much difference - I'll still be drunk but I won't have been bawling my eyes out to a coppa.. so I'll have a bit more of a memory..

I'll bring more brownies tho.. with chocolate chips this time..mmmmm yummy...

Big fire field it is then...

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Dave,

Absolutley can't wait to spin with you and dimitri again, love your slinky styles and wanna hear about your trip too.

Niki - Fair point, I had almost forgotton about that misfortunate incident. Gotta say though, I am totallly in awe of your preparedness if you manage to cook brownies and get em all (or most) to the festival alive.

I have a feeling you have done this a few times before

James Bmember
44 posts

Posted:
I was luck to get mine, how many missed out?

Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Right...Glastonbury's a go-go.....

And, Mr Knoxious is gonna get some serious spanking!!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
my friends are trying to persuade me to go to an alternative glasto in cornwall somewhere. not swaping my ticket for the world! But for those of you who haven't got a ticket - I'll let you know the details closer to the date..

James Bmember
44 posts

Posted:
How can you not go to Glastonbury!

Just a note, I do have a Ticket going spare. I am not going to sell to the highest bidder. I am going to sell it for £110!

So who is going to get it. I don't care, sort it out between you.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I can't believe they haven't been snapped up already!!!

Out of interest, for those that bought the tickets over the phone, has anyone received a receipt or anything. Bammers and me haven't had anything and I just wondered if we should have by now?

Ta

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Tremember
12 posts

Posted:
its been a while since i've been on this board but THOROUGHLY looking forward the the summer shenanigans that i'm sure are gonna be arranged... including Glastonbury yeyyy!!!

anyway, the point of my post being that, if it hasn't been said already, this website
www.scarletmist.com
is supposed to be the 'official' place to get seconhand tickets as you're only allowed to sell them at face value... obviously the demand is kinda high at the mo but keep trying people we will find a way!! x

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
dave and others who may want to perform...

we(tP) might (stress the might right now, but confirmation should be soon forthcoming) have our own small staging area(similar in size to whta we had at bjc2003) and spaces to fill for performers if you want to do a small showey thing. also i guess we will be hanging around that area muchly(as well as adventuring excessively into the wilds of pilton) and being silly. again.

ps no C@ndelabrae allowed....

(and yes we just might have 1112 days available for hire...)(hes not cheap tho)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO!!!!!!!

I've just discovered that I do in fact have a ticket!
When my dad tried to book me one, he was told they were sold out, but in the credit card bill that turned up in the post, we've been billed for a ticket. It's been checked out and I do actually have one

I think we should follow MisStix's suggestion and at least try to camp in the same area. I've not been before so I have no idea where the Dragon field is, but does that sound ok to everyone else?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
giblets

toastmember
9 posts

Posted:
James do you still have the ticket?

Being totally caught up in my final year of uni mode i completly forgot, it was supposed to be my reward for twenty years of schooling

fingers crossed

I fell in to a burnin ring of fire, i went doo doopy doo and the flames they got higher, and it doo dumpy dooooooooooo.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
if the dragon field is the one to the left of the stone circle (next to the stone dragon...?) then that sounds great.

we were in the field on the opposite side of the circle last year (just behind the glade) and it was perfect. the dragon field is even closer to the stones and far smaller and secluded.

i'll be turning up on the wednesday morning, first thing again. anyone else arriving on the wednesday, pm me and i'll reply with my mob # so we can lay the foundations of what is shaping up to be a small fire-performer village

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Coleman - I'm going up on Wednesday with my fraggle. Probably camping with my friends but we (fraggle and I) would both LOVE to meet you and all the other lovely spinners that seem to be joining in the fun!

So we're gonna try and mosey on up to the Dragon Fields and see you guys on wednesday n stuff. Sound ok?

Last year there were lots of little circles. I want to see all my lovely friends and potential lovely friends this year

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well fairy, if ya don't want to stay with us then you can't come play

i can't wait to meet yourself and the fraggle

the dragon field is gonna fill really fast anyway so i doubt we''ll get the complete hop crowd *and* all our extra friends.
wherever i stay, i'll be stone circling every night anyway

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dom

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
and you'll all come to visit us i hope

except drew(hug)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
got my tickets in the post this morning!!!

less than 5 weeks now...

"thanks dom"
wtf was that about
dom hasn't posted in here since february?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
huh?? you got yours already?? NOT FAIR (jumps up and down in a huff) I WANT MINE!!!
Boo...

less than 5 weeks?? Woo hoo it's ma birfday, oh yey it's ma birfday.. we're gonna party hard for ma birfday (I'm so not excited.. NOT...)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
stix, did you meet moohaahaa @ liquid?

long dreadlocks (like there was only one person at that party with big locks ), spins poi *really* well, was club juggling all day, real name johnny?

well anyway, it's his birthday too (and also his dreads' - seven years this year!) so you can have double cakes for that i reckon although they may well just be muffins cos getting a cake in unscathed is really hard.

i can't wait! make it be now!!!!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
No I don't belive I had the pleasure.. I've never met any one (cept my best mate at skool in Belgium) with a birthday near mine.. but this year should be a good one.. as Primate (not Fi-Primate-re) up north has the his bday the same weekend.. tee hee hee.. is I gonna be the only birfday girl at Glasto? Woo hooo-- lots of & for me.. YEY!

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
you all sound like you know each other really well so i'm sorry to intrude - but I managed to get a job working at the dance tent for Glasters this year, and I've never actually done poi outside of my living room...
I WANT to learn but have no-one to teach me. Can i maybe meet up with you guys and learn by osmosis?

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Great Glasters, a wonderful faerie has sold me a ticket so I'm coming too Looking foward to meeting everyone.

I should be there Wednes night, so see you @ the Stone Circle.

& if anyone looks like they might be about to play Madonna's Material girl on the last night in the Stone Circle (a la last year) plse tape up their fingers so they can't hit the play button

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
sososososososooo

im v.v.excited -

tickets are on the way, im so looking forward to meeting everyone... ive been a bit of a poi recluse - learning/teaching solo

nottingham for all its wonders is not so hot on the poi community.

What are the plans, and where the meeting place?

ill come baring marshmellows

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Nimskaby.. We would be honoured to give you a few pointers.. if you see anyone with poi, ask 'em if their HoPpers and I sure we'll be able to give you a few pointers - that is if we (read: I) am not too

See you at Glasto..

* I rushed to my letter box when I came home as most people have got thier tickets - only to find the phone bill.. *

Page: