Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Auditions for performers ; South Africa (Pretoria)

Login/Join to Participate

CraigColemember
3 posts

Posted:
Hi to all.

My name is Craig and I am looking for PROFESSIONAL
DEDICATED performers (fire or not)to join my team (fire Performers) or to be subcontracted for upcoming events. This could be your dream come true.

Please e-mail me to arrange for an appointment. hybrid@global.co.za.

Take the chanse, you never know.

If you like your job,you will never work a day in your life. ?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hi Craig (and other South Africans),

I sent you an email, but I'm replying here to so any other South African types can jump on my reply as well if they see it.

I'm moving to Potchefstroom from Houston (Texas) for job reasons in 10 days and am hoping to find some fire friends to play with while I am there. I have 3 years of poi experience and 2 with a performance troupe that hires out, but I'm in it more for fun than $$$. Potch may be a little far from Pretoria for us to work together on a regular basis, but I'd definitely be intereseted in hanging out and lighting stuff on fire from time to time, and possibly suplimenting any shows I can make it to.

Anyone interested in hanging out please contact me at vance@visker.org or via HOP private messenger. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

fireflyzSAmember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey craig and new south african from texas,
Where in Pretoria is it? What do the job include?
Im brendan and have been spinning from about 2 years now, got no experince with hiring business

I live in JHB, bedfordview, so pretoria is also quiet far away or me. Im starting a group called FireFlyz, CLICK HERE to see my site and what its all about.
Maybe a gathering of ALL SOUTH AFRICAN spinners once a year
Cheers

CraigColemember
3 posts

Posted:
Hi to all readers & Brendan.

What I would suggest is that you e-mail me with possible days of the week that you could make it and I will reply on one of them, ok?

I did see your post about FireFlyz & printed your flyer, we will see you there.

All the best to the rest.
Craig.

fireflyzSAmember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey craig and texan,
Craig, if u could sms me on 0721441302 - then we could organise a time on sunday to hold it.
Ill finalize a meeting area at eastgate parking lot.

Anyways, cheers and thanx
Brendan

CraigColemember
3 posts

Posted:
To all readers and enthusiasts.

Auditions will be held in Pretoria and if you are
one of the chosen, you would be expected to come to rehearsal at least twice a week.

Thank you
Craig.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
New South African from Texas here (finally).

I'm not set up with a phone or a vehicle or a decent flat yet, but all this should be ironed out this week (I hope).

Still getting used to Potch, but getting itchy to explore soon. If I find a vehicle this week, I'll try to make it to FireFlyz posted Sunday gathering (is it really going to start this week?).

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

fireflyzSAmember
28 posts

Posted:
Vanise - The gathering on sunday is on, a few people hav replied and are coming. The meeting place is at eastgate roof top parkin by entrance 10 at 5pm on sunday . I drive a baby blue car... If i c u there then GREAT but if u miss it then u can read about it at the web page which i will update it with news.

So maybe c u tommorrow for the first FireFlyz gathering

fireflyzSAmember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey vanize

we missed u at the first gathering of fireflyz, although there was only 3 people - it will start to grow...Howz the flat,car and phone coming along??

The next gathering is on, just GO HERE to see where and when...Leave a msg in my guestbook as well!!

Anyways,
Chio

Stained_WhisperGOLD Member
Lighting up the darkness, one performance at a time
161 posts

Posted:
hey

ive been spinning for about a year now, we have a small group of people in jhb, so if you wanna "join forces" drop me a mail

inflamed_hysteria@yahoo.com
Tatia

You are the only problem you will ever have
and you are the only solution

poifun_academyauntyyo@poifun.sa
4 posts

Posted:
where all the sa poi players gone

email us now

setting south africa alight for the last 5 years

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I doubt that there are very many active Saffricans on the forum. Actually, as far as I know, I am the only one....

And am not aware of anyone apart from myself on the East Coast north of Durban. Apparently there are some Durban spinners, but I have no details or contacts.

Of course, Grahamstown is another story, but still not many people.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

StephanBstranger
4 posts

Posted:
seems like there were a few guys from pretoria, where did you all go??

Still looking for fire dancers, Craig? i know your auditions was a few YEARS ago, but maybe you're looking for someone new?

Brendan, still practicing at FireFlyz?
Stephan

People who never get carried away, should be. - Malcolm Forbes

MagicStuntsBRONZE Member
stranger and stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Hi Brendan
Drop an e-mail to info@magicstunts.co.za or just drop in at our drum circle on Pretoria showgrounds every second Saturday next to the West End Theatre.

Got a brand new gallery