KaosDancermember
19 posts
Location: wash. dc | the space between space | plucking the ...

Posted:
i'm curious to know, because - well, i'm always curious to know. now that my angel of fire flew back to calgary, i'm really wanting people around to learn with and from.

need... more... chaos... ^_^

also, i'm wondering if anyone from around the MD/DC/VA area is planning to go to NYC for the protest against the impending forces of idiocy on the 15th. group lunacy, anyone?

etc,
-k.

·:¦[ Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line. ·:¦[ Reaching out to embrace the random. ·:¦[ Reaching out to embrace whatever may come. __/( tool: lateralus )/¯¯

KaosDancermember
19 posts

Posted:
/sigh on

no one around Washington DC? no one at all?

my tiny heart of pure... stuff, or somesuch, breaks at the thought.

hold me,
-k.

(note to the reader: this post has been a halfassed bump. as opposed, of course, to a wholeassed bump, which would have knocked it right the hell off the board - and we certainly don't want any of that sort of crap going on here. -- thx, the management)

·:¦[ Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line. ·:¦[ Reaching out to embrace the random. ·:¦[ Reaching out to embrace whatever may come. __/( tool: lateralus )/¯¯

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I feel for you! Have you tried the Meet Others database? I'm sure you'll find some locals there.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KaosDancermember
19 posts

Posted:
... well, shit.

take the most obvious things in the world, heap them up all big, put signs around them, tripwires, alarms, turtles, paintcans and smurf hats - and i guarantee you, i'll be looking for it behind ladybugs and other itty bitties.

thanks.

Tigmember
20 posts

Posted:
One of my good friends is goin to school in DC, but he's not on the meet people database. I taught him what little poi skills I know... he has to take it from there. I don't have his current email address, but you can get ahold of him through his website. He is the webmaster so all emails go past his eyes. The web address is. www.centraldown.com
-Tig

What?? A gorilla wearing a smoking jacket and grass skirt. So What? Did he have a Sherlock Holmes pipe in his mouth? Ummmmm.... Why?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Excuse my geography, but there's quite a bit going on in Baltimore. Is that close enough?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
eh, i live in rockville! that's near DC! but, i'm 15 and just getting started, so i dont know how helpfull that could be. i got a couple of my friends interested as well, but i dunno. teachy sort of people would be happy-good

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

-Colter-Colter
1 post

Posted:
i know this is an old post but i was replying in hopes of finding some people in my area to spin with. i don't know anyone out here...

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I know this isn't TOO helpful at the moment, but check into the Congress of Jugglers. https://www.studentorg.umd.edu/juggling/

Not sure personally if the juggling club itself has any spinners, but once a year during the spring there is a juggling fest that... well, may or may not have spinners....

I'm sorry, that was probably a little anti-helpful.

*shrug*

DO you juggle too?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Washington spin group
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16233384500&_fb_q=1

or try searching on apps.facebook.com/globalfireguide for other regional groups in america its currently got listings for

Alaska
California
Connecticute
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Illinios
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
Tennessee
Washington
Wyoming

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?