Page:
[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hey!

couldent find another topic covering this, so, who is gonna be spinning at the demo, and where? Im going to be there with quite a few friends but I would love to meet up with any other HoPers around.

Poi 4 Peace, should be a wicked laugh (or a huge riot witch will also be fun.)

N?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Not definite yet, but looks like I will make it to the March after all. See you there

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
anyone a teensy bit apprehensive about all the military presence at Heathrow? (edit) just heard on the news that they may be putting troops on the streets of London this weekend too) now it's probably just a show of force, but I'm kinda thinking that lots of people in London for Antiwar demo, lots of people in one place... Ede celebrations.. etc.. please someone tell my paranoid mind to stop working over time... please??

[ 13. February 2003, 03:36: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Staff from our company had a meeting at Heathrow today.

It would be really bad form to be attacked while we were protesting for peace wouldn't it!! Who do you think would be responsible for such an attack? More conspiracy theories but...

Anyone got gas masks, not only would they look good, but if anything should happen...

(sorry MisStix, I'm just fueling your paranoia here!)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I've been thinking that too Kat - who would attack a peace demo? But who attacked 2 buildings full of innocent just because they could? I think in some twisted way that 'they' wouldn't care as long as it was the public of the country who were gearing up to blast them out the dessert.. now lets talk about fluffy bunnies and candyfloss and pink bubbles before I chicken out of coming up to London..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Oh please don't chicken out Misstix, I want to meet you and promise lots of huggles from all Hop attendees

Roll on happy days

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
.. just the march Kat - I'd meet you all in clapham later.. but grit, deterination and a very persuasive best friend - won't let me chicken..

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
okay- i'll get to the grass by the wheel sometime between 1130 1200 (have to say earilier, otherwise i'll be late and miss the whole thing!!!)

on a small scale i'm worried of some violent group spoiling the whole peace idea!! but lets try to trust humanity- its difficult at the moment.
okay, okay- i'm not getting worried!

theres no point in getting paranoid about the whole thing (although we must stay aware throughout the time- just in case)- we will meet new people who we've only read words from, we'll have a humanitarian reason for it, we'll spin, the rally after the march should be interesting..... plenty of good reasons to be there.....

quite looking forward to it really

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
violent protestors at a peace march!!!!
unlikely

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
ok i will make sure im there...
yay.
are people going to take fire toys? just thinking is it really a good idea as people will be on edge and (i would have no intention) but i am thinking about being arrested for carring dangerous weapon... and parrafin as well...
i think glo sticks might just do me... but then you never know.

oh and if anyone sees people hoovering (after capitalism) thats my mama... so say hi
enjoy - A

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Fire, not so great on the march.
daytime, and in a crowd, but up to you. flags would be prettier.

I heard the word that that The kensal rise sqwat posse are trying to organise a lot of peeeps swinging white flags.
Damn good idea i thinks.

See you sat
Glass

[ 13. February 2003, 23:05: Message edited by: glass ]

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
What a good idea perhaps I should make me some, if I get a moments peace!

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
ok i will see I can sort something and what about after at the park?
I can bring a set of Glo sticks. see if i feel like carring fire poi + Fin for use after.
anywho will see you all there.
A

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
bump
I'll be the one with the white flag
I made it last night,
Its big.
its a big flag.
Its like a flag, but its BIG.
bigger than the spice girls.