Forums > Social Chat > Poi classes/groups in Sydney

Login/Join to Participate

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hi guys.
Non-Https Image Link
Can anyone put me in contact with someone who teaches poi in Sydney? Or groups that get together regularly?I've been doing fire poi for about 6 months, mostly on my own. I love it, but am desperate for feedback, new ideas and stimulation from others.I left my e-mail address on the home of poi's meet others page several months ago. I've had quite a few e-mails from people but haven't actually managed to pull off a meet-up yet. frownI went to Earthcore (in Victoria) for New Years Eve. I was so excited, more about hanging out with fellow fire people than about the actual festival I think. *giggle*Alas..... there was a total fire ban on all five days of the festival. frown I had to make do with glow sticks. They looked pretty but it just wasn't the same.Nevermind. smileNow that I'm back home I'm more keen than even to play with fire and get some lessons. I really want to master the behind the back weave winkC'arn! Someone out there must be teaching poi in Sydney.Burn brightly!Finn
Non-Https Image Link

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
FinnYoure Smilies rock!!Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thanks Kat smile You can find them herehttps://smilecwm.tripod.com/There must be someone teaching poi in Sydney, surely! Do any of you Aussie fire people have contacts in Sydney? I'd love to hear from you if you do. [This message has been edited by Finn (edited 21 January 2001).]