Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Green* Moonfest - Sat 18Jan - Brisbane

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
next moonfest is on this coming Saturday - 18th January and the theme is *green*

I'm sure Elke will post her moon mail letter in the next couple of days with lots more info, but in case Brisbane fire folk were wondering the date of the next full moon...

So for those of you who haven't been before, Moonfest is a lovely fire/drumming/dancing gathering at Lower Moora Park, Shorncliffe Beach each full moon..
for more details visit https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

love to all of you..
Bec

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
K.... so whose going to this one? eh?? EH?!?!?!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
We'll be going, so Splat... guess we could meet up this time eh??? Saturday moonfest are normally really really fun and full of monkeying around...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im missing out have to leave brisbane early ,
Everybodie take care i've got a plane to catch!.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
see you in Sydney! I'll have to come up with a nickname for you Ivan - I can't remember how you pronounce it! Was thinking about it way too much on the bus to work this morning:

thinks to herself, "is it evaan, e-van, ivaan??"

Can I call you Newton?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Flashfire it's not that hard to say you'll have to think of something original but. And thank you for your help i'll give you a call tomorrow cause im liveing at glebe .

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
ME and my other half (whom is not a twirler but nvm) will be (hopefully) attending! YAY! my 1st moonfest... YAY!!! and hopefully there are gunna be more full moons on friday and saturday nights! grrr at full moons during the week

anywho...

mebbe now i can meet more than jus 3 HOPers. (i hate living at wello- no1 comes out here much!)

gettin all excited and i hope to meet many more beautiful happy faces then!

~SpArKiE~

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Sparky i was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was dead and windy so i left.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie is a bit computer-less at the moment having just moved into a lovely new house in *Rainbow St* (gorgeous hey?).... anyhow, so I thought I'd post a bit of her moon mail letter...
Bec

Lush green greetings to all of you gorgeous nature spirits out there!

Next moon fest is Green! (This Saturday 18th Jan) A group of us are busily preparing for a performance piece that will happen in the candle circle, sometime in the night… this fusion of dance, theatre, music, movements & fire performance will speak of the green man, nature beings and all things sacred to this earth… If you’d like to be involved in the performance come along early for moon fest and come play!

If you have a performance, interactive activity or other festivity that you’d like to share, please feel free to just jump in and do it… moon fest is a casual relaxed friendly environment, where everyone is encouraged to express and be involved in the night.

Don’t forget to dress in green, and bring along your green glowies, and your drums, fire toys and *safe* fire twirling fuels (please no shellite – shellite is a very dangerous fuel to use for fire twirling…you can purchase some less toxic and odourless fuels from chemical companies – contact us if you want more details)

Bec & I are proud to announce the release of “The Pixie Poi Book” (moon mail edited here - but you'll see the book here in the HOP shop soon..

Bec & I will continue to be running fire twirling workshops at Shorncliffe beach (the moonfest site). We will also be doing an 8 week course through the Uni of Qld to be held at Musgrave Park, Sth Brisbane starting at the end of March…. as well as a couple of workshops through the RAW (Real Adventure Women) program (23 Feb, 18 Mar).

And lastly… happy New Year, Happy New Day, happy New Millisecond! This moment, right now is all that really matters, isn’t it? ‘cause each moment lived well now creates beautiful memories of the past and hopeful dreams for the future… so let’s share some happy times together and create a lifetime of blissfulness.

Til next time, take care & stay happy
Lots of love and fuzzy wuzzy huggles
From Elke

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
i miss home...
*sigh*
newyork is really cold.. and fireless....
i wish i could be there..
hows the old bush doof scene atm????
and the gooble crew???

mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WAHOOHEY, I shall be with you all for the Moonfest on March 18th .... dancing with you beautiful spirits... i am really jumping up and down

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yipee Cass...* can't wait!

and you'll be here for the *Purple* one - which I've been hanging out for ever since the rainbow themes started....

yayy!!

see you soon...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yayy so that must meen you are comeing to our beautiful country soon . Im in sydney so let me know when you are here. And you'll love the moonfest!.

[ 17. January 2003, 22:48: Message edited by: Ivan Newton(grubiln) ]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WAHOOHEY .. . Orange and purple are my all times favourite coulours...

Ivan, will certainly let u nkow when i am in Sydney (probably around March 10th/12th until the 17th)

Life is good, purple is amazing ...

Love to you all and special huggles to bec and Elke whom i miss dearly

Shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay thanks Becca!

and I can't wait to see you in March Cass! And purple how fantastic! you can come visit at my new house on Rainbow St too

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
sorry to annouce this but i wont be able to attend moonfest 2nite... lack of money is the reason... and also my lil car is sick at the mo so she'd be strugglin to get to shornecliff i reckon.

i'll try and be there next month!!! if its on a fri or sat night..... if not- i'll have to wait, again.

i was really lookin fwd to goin and twirling wif new peeps...

damnit

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hmmmm hope it clears up a bit? *staring dubiously out the window*

It's kinda hard to tell with all the bloody smoke coming in from all the bushfires

Anyone else in Briz notice the weird orange glow stuff seems to be having today?

No, I did not take anything last night!

Definitely a bit gerzonkified at the moment....

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
"CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, CASS, (insert breath here) CASS, CASS, CASS..."

Doing the happy dance... doing the happy dance.

Do you need a lift... any help when your here... don't be afraid to ask...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
i gotta keep rememberin u guys dunno me by my real name on the boards cos that post Valura really got my attention! LOL. pity it was for the Cassandra on the board. (my name is Cass too ppl)

anywho

ok so i lied... i did go... and twirled... by my self... cos im too shy to introduce my self to anyone. damnit.

but i did have a good time. the atmosphere there is awesome! when i 1st walked down i thought the drums were on CD. geez i was shocked. those drumers were awesome! alot of the twirlers were awesome. the dancers were awesome. in all twas AWESOME!!!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm...yummm
wasn't last night delicious...*

I had a lovely moon fest thanks everyone for coming and playing so beautifully... isn't it fun what magic gets made down there by sea..

...and what about the moon???? soooooo red with all the smoke around...

I'm glad you enjoyed it SpArKiE... next time do come and say hello - I know it's very big and you can get lost in the crowd (which I know is what some people do like about it)... but you'll find a lot of the same people come each month, so you'll get to know them, even if you do feel shy at first... and yeh.. the drummers are really special - lots of them meet weekly at either Sandgate or in at Roma St Parklands, and Jon & Aaron (our special drummer boys from Phoenix Fire Tribe) bring all their extra tricks like dunn dunns and percussiony bits which really fill the sound out too...

did you get to see the "greenman performance" - as always a bit of a slap together just before we do it kind of thing, but heaps of fun... if anyone wants to get involved next time, just come to the circle a bit earlier (like 6ish I guess) and let us know you'd like to play... there's always room for more, even if you just want to be a torchbearer and light the space for us...*

so see you all again next month... the theme is *blue* and it's on Monday 17th Feb
mwaaah to you all

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
okie dokie.... who actually went!??! I would'v *loved* to meet some HoPers.. and I did ask around at everyone I met but no luck... soooooo no excuses next time? Should have a generalised meeting/twirling spot for ppls from here..just to say g'day and stuff.

I dragged my dubious self along and had an awesome time.. it'd been soooo long since I'd played and shared with other ppl... so comforting to know there's plenty of crazy ppl out there still

There was a chicky twirling long staff in the middle of the fire twirling with her open fuel container and supply sitting about 3 feet away from about 5 ppl at one point!! Her logic was that cos it wasn't in the crowd it wouldn't be tripped over by loads of ppl?? I actually ummed and ahhed and worked up the nerve to ask her to move it as nice as I could.. Which she did eventually..

Moon was freaky. Looked so armageddon-ish.. beautiful but in a strange eerie way. *hopes fires die down soon*

Thanks again bec and elke .. think that was the first time I'd actually twirled at a moonfest in years of knowing its existance. Twas truly lush.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
hey s-p-l-a-t...*

was lovely to see you there last night, even if it was just for a moment... and was actually the first time had seen you play with fire - you looked beautiful twirling with you big fire ropes by the way...
I was kind of hiding behind my new camera last night and you were all the way over in the big grassy spot (my fav place to twirl too - heaps more space to play) so don't think I got any photos of you... but I'll look through and send you anything that I did get...

no I don't think there were many HOP'ers there last night... Valura, Arsn... you weren't just hiding in the shadows?

a bit of a worry about that tin of fuel - I didn't see that... thanks for having a word to her... I feel like a bit of a safety nazi at times - it's great to know other people are more than happy to speak up with things like that... grrr can't believe the really foolish things that still happen with all the safety info that's out there... or more so with the lack of sense/logic that's used... but thanks again... with that many people all twirling together it's even more important for everyone to be taking care.

la la... happy pixie dust again... .:*sprinkle sprinkle*:.

see you all there next month then

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
yay!

*waits expectantly for Valura/Arsn's reply*

It's nice to know I'm not the only one... I too feel like a complete nazi asking ppl to play safe... I listen to myself speak while I'm doing it and for some reason can't get the image of one of my highschool teachers outta my head.

Yeah I like the grassy spot best.. only I did fall into a hole in the middle of it a couple of times making my ankle twist and the rest of my body do bizarre alien maneouvers to compensate. But I think that's me..if there's a hole *anywhere* I'll end up in it at some stage.

If anyone wants to trick swap let me know at the next one?? Not saying I could teach anything but you never know...

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
omigod s-p-l-a-t dont tell me those fire rope poi were yours! cos i talked to sumone who was holdin them... actually i talked to like 2 ppl who had them. so... if one was u and i didnt get to meet another HoP'r im fumin!!!

umm Valura and Arsn werent there... (jus answerin for them) if they want they can tell ya why. jus so ya dont keep wondering.

fockernewbie
1 post

Posted:
ne 1 in townsville keen to meet up?

email crobi124@eq.edu.au

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
just to point out this is old old old thread and January moonfest is on 25th jan - not the 18th... cool..? great.. but we will start a new thread for the new event...
love bec