Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I know there's another thread on this, but it is two pages long and takes a lot of reading before finding out the confirmed date...

So here it is!

Sunday 19th Jan @ 5pm, Camperdown Memorial Park in Newtown.

Celebrating Sydney's (first?) multi-crew meetup as well as the birthdays of fair Frenzie and Rozi. Please bring stuff to chuck on the barbie, as well as plenty of your own fuel for the burn once dusk settles in.
Official Event Listing

So, who has a BBQ they can bring to the park, and what sort of cake would you girls like?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
hey brainstorma

bbq sorted

trolley job, should be plenty big enough

just require hands for getting on & off ute

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
thanks plantgirlll!!!!

When your friends arrive at the park, we'll muster some muscle and get it sorted.

[ 14. January 2003, 13:10: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
otay im in for that flexes my muscles like arny

hmm *looks at size of arms* well i'll stand there and supervise any way

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
yay yay yay!

my pal bass mic has registered!

he & another are the bbq boys

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Okay I'll be there and think im "bloody Huge" hehehehe.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
And he is even bigger on stilts!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
bbq in control

kero in control

hope everyone will be out of control

see you all sunday!!!!

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
hey whats the go on the fire restriction.... they just declaired a state wide total fire ban..... when i say total i mean total.... no fires what so ever, so even bbq's can get you in trouble???
dont want to be a party pooper im happy to go ahead anyway but i just thought you guys should no...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
It is a good point. We will keep an eye on the ABC news site, which give updates of firebans. The current firebans do not apply to the metropolitan area:

quote:
The Commissioner, NSW Rural Fire Service has TOTALLY BANNED THE LIGHTING OF
FIRES until midnight tonight [Friday 17th January 2003] in the following
weather forecast districts:

Central West Slopes and Plains
Lower Western
Upper Western
Riverina
South West Slopes
Southern Tablelands
South Coast

However we do need to keep an eye on it.

If things are looking bad, there is always the pub. And I for one am bringing some additional foods like bread & salads, so if there is anything you can bring along (even chips & dip from the IGA nearby) it would be appreciated. So bring practice & glow toys too.

I will post a weather report in the morning on the day to let you know if there are firebans applying to the metropolitan district.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
No just taller hehehe . I singed my eye lashes that night cause of my whip . Oh nothing like a virgin burn for entertaiment . See you sunday & yayyy for you cause you can say my name unlike flashfire hehehehehe.

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Not looking good so far on fire weather warnings. Will check again in the morning:

quote:
IDN22000
NSW FIRE WEATHER WARNING
BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
NEW SOUTH WALES REGIONAL OFFICE
Issued at 1706 on Saturday the 18th of January 2003
for Sunday the 19th of January 2003

Hot, dry conditions will cause VERY HIGH TO EXTREME FIRE DANGER in the
following weather forecast districts on Sunday:

Northwest Plains
Central West Slopes and Plains
Central Tablelands in the west
South West Slopes
Riverina
Lower Western

A state wide Total Fire Ban remains in force.

The Commissioner, NSW Rural Fire Services has TOTALY BANNED THE LIGHTING OF
FIRES until midnight Sunday 19 January in ALL NSW weather forecast
districts.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Fire bans (groan!) Fire's are usually started by some silly iresponsible teenaged brats.I though the band was lifted in sydney when i left last time?.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Well, I think a good night was had by all. It was great to meet some new fire people (Hi Roz & Evian!) and hang out in the beautiful australian summer.

Was a little less organised than we had hoped *glares at plantgirlll* and the police finally showed up at about 10.30 (?) and asked us to turn the music down and not play with fire.

The thought of making this a monthly event was discussed. I think it a grande idea - better organisation for next time though!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
was a great night

thanks miss flashy for all your work in setting this up

will sit down soon to plot out a plan for more of these shindigs (plus ideas re wollongong show)

evian thanks yet again for letting me have a go of your stilts and whip (again we'l sit down and try and work out how to build our own whip soon oh and i'm going to get my own stilts now so we can have fire whip cracking stilt fights)

rozi was beutiful to be with you as always and i hope you had a beutiful day *big hugz and kisses*

miss frenzie sae to you to hun

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
I feel I must apologise to everyone who I ended up stuffing around yestersay, especially those celebrating bithdays.

After much discussion with family & friends who were coming along yesterday, it was decided that due to the fire ban we din't think we would get away with using the bbq of flaming.

The next consensus drawn was that we wouldn't travel across town to attend & that we would just stay at home.

The personal disappointment I have at not attending is impossible for you all to imagine, although I believe those who know me have an idea of how I am feeling. I am just as upset at disappointing & causing inconvenience to all of you I haven't met.

All I can say is that I am genuinely sorry, upset, hurt & frustrated at the way things turned out & my sincere & heartfelt aoplogies go out to all of you.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
that's cool plantgirlll - don't feel bad.

It was a shame we didn't get to meet you. Next time we'll exchange phone numbers so we can know what's going on.

It's all good.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Its a shame you missed the fun. Next time round it will be even bigger and better (although I vote we still send Evian to a porto for chicken, I for one was a fan!!!).

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
had a great night, my first time lighting up for probably almost 6 months, always good to be in a group to get motivated again!

Be definately up for a monthly get together, perhaps even rotating the location to cover different beautiful areas of sydney!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yaaaaayyyy , I had sooo much fun meeting people's
and laughing at brainstormer Cracking my whip (and falling down on my stilts)hehehehe.

But yeah i thinks it would be devine if we could have a monthly meet . 50/50, phone a friend , Ask the audience , I like frenzie's idea i second it does it get carried through ? And my nickname sorts or suit's me especially in sydney .

all round to peoples that could make me smile ( yes im talking about that pure naive cute one i have ).

I'll very happy to help in any way. And yes i think there's got to be better design's to be done on whip's brainstormer.

[ 20. January 2003, 21:58: Message edited by: Ivan Newton(grubiln) ]

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Alright enough talking about that night . Are we going have a nother gathering on a sunday night Apx in a months time ? . We should plan it a bit better though ....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Agreed. So, time to pick a date and a location:

How do people feel about Sunday 23rd Feb? Does that coincide with arrivals and departures in Sydney?

And any suggestions for location?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Let's make thing's easy to start and say glebe or manly depending on fire band and what ever . should be a bit later though ?.

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
look guys im really really sorry i didnt make it i ended up without a key to my bros flat and wouldnt have had anywhere to stay.... do we have a definete date for next time??

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
It's up to everybodie let's have a vote ?.

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
hey what about the 15th or the 16th.... i really dont have any prefernces.... what do you think flash you seemed to organise the last one pretty well!!!
Altera

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Whenever we do it, I will drag my uncle along. He has come out to visit us from France & this will be the first time I have seen him in 8-10 years. How cool is that?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
there are two big partys on the 15th and the weekend of the 23rd (the weekend of the 23rd is a big on eto so may not be a very good idea that one at all

not sure about the weeekend after though

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
How's this for an option:

Join the full-moon Drum'n'Fire Circle at Bondi Beach from 10pmis Friday 14th February....

anyone?

I have all the details, so let me know your email addy and I can forward them to you.

We can make this our next gathering, and/or still have our own thing in the next month or so....

thoughts?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
think your on a winner here miss flashy

pm on way as well

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I'm with you!!!

Page: