Forums > Social Chat > anyone in australia and new zeland!

Login/Join to Participate

onebigdoormember
2 posts

Posted:
i will be spending a year travelling through australia and new zeland starting next august with the purpose of involving myself in as much fire as possible. anyone i can contact to learn more about the fire culture in australia and new zeland would be extrordinarily helpful. ie, groups, individuals, anyone. my email is tywalker@vassar.edu. i look forward to hearing from you.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
moon fest... moon fest... moon fest...Love to meet you there if you visit Brisbane - email me for all the info if you intend to visit... it happens once a month except for a brief hibernation over winter...come play fire with us!

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi, in melb you might want to try going to St Kilda (around the esplanade area).there are also gatherings on friday nights in Fitzroy and Eltham. For a cool market that often attracts twirlers try St Andrews.And if u want a firey NYE or Easter try Confest.Where bouts in aus are u thinking of going, will u be in melb and when?happy twirlingcya

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
For auckland, NZ email me on the link above this post, but a little closer to the time.Cheers------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi!Email me when you get to Oz, I'll give you a place to stay, and try to arrange for fire meets whatever part of Australia I'm living in - I always try to keep a finger on the local and interstate fire community vibe...also the Psy Trance vibe too - if you are so inclined...Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Although its doubtful, if you are headed to the West Coast (Perth that is), let me know, my email is candybabi@hotmail.com

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I'm hearing good things every few days about St Kilda and its twirlers... would love to check it out, hmm... perhaps you can pack me in your suitcase if you have a stopover in Brisbane?

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Theomember
19 posts

Posted:
Sorry, off topic here,Hey Josh, do u know any good psy trance sites that are worth visiting?

That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere. :)

lunaphoriaBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Theo,Just replying to your off-topic posting with another one.....Try - www.futuretrance.com &www.goatrance.comLots of great links...especially at futuretrance.To bring it back on topic - 'onebigdoor'...you'll love it down here in the Antipodes - hope your travelling goes well.

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
I'm in Dunedin, if you get that far south. And I know some happy fire people in Wellington that I can put you in touch with. Email me closer to the time smilexaeda.

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
ooh, I didn't realise you said a *year*! There's a juggling festival in late February in a little town called Paekakariki, half an hour North of Wellington. It's called a juggling festival, but really it's for anything....firespinning, stiltwalking, unicycling, acrobalance, clowning.....all sorts of things. It runs over 3 or 4 days at a campsite near the beach (you stay onsite), there'll be a blacklight tent, cheap vege meals, a 'renegade' show (um, show and tell for jugglers. anything goes and it gets awfully silly!), workshops in all sorts of things, lots of chances to learn new stuff, and also plenty of time to just mellow out at the beach. I've been the last 4 years (it moves around each year but next year it's staying in Paekakariki cause it's so lovely). If you're interested in incorporating other skills into your firedancing, this is a great place to go.....jugglers are really friendly people and you can just interrupt and go "hey, teach me that!). Possibly the only bad thing is that there *might* be a fire ban, depending how dry things get, but even if there is, you can still learn lots of new skills and mellow out with happy people. Check out bigfoot.com/~nzja if you're interested. xaeda(and yes, I'm biased, I'll probably be helping organise it.....but hey) wink(oh, and I'll probably get roped into teaching a staff workshop again....yippeee)[This message has been edited by xaeda (edited 25 September 2001).]

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Hello!

This is to people in NZ and those who have been there!
My sister is just about to go to New Zealand (tomorrow!) Id love to be able to tell where she can go and see some proper maori dancin and poi swingin.

can anyone help?

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
im in lonely ol' tas. please come visit me! twirling ppl numbers have dwindled to two, but soon to be one (just me!) as the other is going to Japan! sniff sniff

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
awww!Thats awfull!

Sorry, but I dont think shes going to Tasmania!

Ul have to get more people interested double quick!!
Du recon your the only person in Tas doin fire? wow, thats quite cool really!

Marshmallowhitstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Would love to make some new friends in Ad!!! OooooOOOOooo I just wanna go raving n drink tea! Email me smile mwa

What the hell did you put in my tea!? .. It sure is tasty!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
uh.. dude.. last post prior to yours was over 7 years ago.. chances are they're probably not still visiting..

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I am so tempted to answer "No" to the title. Because, on average, there can not be that many. And those that are, are South African. tongue2

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yes, but the Saffas just marry the locals and pop out Aus/NZ babies wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
You mean there *are* locals? tongue2

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
tongue2

Yes.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
I just thought that country was filled with Saffrican "refugees". wink

Something new every day....

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
yeah bro,

i hear townsville is nice this time of year. HEHE stay away wet and flooding atm

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)