Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
I have been thinking, my mates can't be the only spinners in Brum!!!

If anyone is or knows of any spinners in the Birmingham/West Midlands area who's looking for other peeps to spin with/event ideas give them my email address (at bottom of post), we'd love to hook up with them for a chill and a spin and get some events going up here. For the second city, there's surprisingly little going on (well actually there's NOTHING going on) in the way of spinners getting together for a chill!!!!

Even if it's a friend of a friend situation, the more the merrier!!!

All help will be appreciated greatly!!!

circadia_rich@yahoo.co.uk

Kurobei

whats up with all the limitations?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Kurobei, honey ... this belongs in the events and gathering section, you know ?

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hey Kurobie - is the Q club still going?? I remember spinners there years ago when I went to see the Green Nuns.. wicked nite - spent most of it painting peoples faces with UV for donations in the back walkway bit - made more money and 'things' than ever before!

Next time someone big and hard looking comes up and says paint what ever you want - I will do pink panter feet up his face again - didn't look so hard afer that did ya mate??

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
The Q Club met the same fate as Cream mate, 'tis no more.........

Keep up the painting though, make them paw prints big and bold!!!!

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH the mighty Q-club, its being turned in2 apartments. shit one!

im from coventry, so if u get and event sorted the drop me an e-mail

fukin_dapa@hotmail.com

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Tis very shit that The Q being turned into yuppie accomadation, this makes me sad,. Atomic Jam will probly move to Code, not sure what i think of that though.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
no way i hope not code is like a superclub it wouldnt be right.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I used to get emails from some guy in Brum that wanted me to go spin with him. I can't find his email addy right now. But when i do i'll pass it on.

He had a simple name too. One sillybull. Nmaed after stuff. Like Stone or Glass. only it's neither of them.

Filth?
nope . . . .

Meh

mrmuesliBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Surely atomicjam will just move to Subway city, House of Gods there, and its been there a few times before.

Personally, i think it should move to the sanctuary, house of god was a quality night there (and i reckon atomicjam and flashback are both popular enough to fill it) and dont think theres much on there these days, didnt godskitchen move ?

On the subject of poi I know like 2 people in stratford, a couple in brum and myself in solihull who do poi, it would be nice to meet some more tho

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Kewl, chuck ur number my way on a PM or something, I live in Sutton and Wikkaman lives like Moseley way or something, I should really know hes one of my mates!!!

Anyway, would be good to meet up for a spin at some point!!

mrmuesliBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
safe, sounds good, have given up trying to learn new moves having decided my bones arent flexible enough to do the behind the back weave, but a spin sounds good - was gutted i missed the last ever flashback at the que, did anyone go ?, I had to start a graduate job on the monday after it and decided it might not be the best idea

mrmuesliBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
https://www.flashback96.com/index2.htm

This New Years Eve Flashback will be at the Que as the builders have not yet moved in yet, nice !!!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
party hard, spin poi, get off your trolly with auraorange these guys spin, wicked group out of wolves put on the best free parties you will ever goto.. well not quite but they are good... maybe i need to get out more... oh and they spin poi too.

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
No more Q~club!!!!

bah humbug.

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Has anyone ever thought of doing a Brum/Midlands
Poi in the park type event? Perhaps somewhere central like Temple Row? (I think that`s what it`s called anyway - that bit of greenery just up from where Swordfish is/was?!).
I`d be up for it if anyone else was...

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

180 posts

Posted:
I'd definitely be up for that Is it really lazy though considering Sheffield is so close, or d'ya think the more gatherings the better?

~ Chalice

P.s... never made it to sheffield so i don't know what it's like anyway, crap and lazy as i am

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
more gatherings are good , but you have to supply me more images for the PIP site.

180 posts

Posted:
There's a PIP site?!!! Me know nuuuuurthing!

could you post the address please PK? I'm very backwards when it comes to keeping up ya know

Ta chuck

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you could hold it in selly oak park...rather nice there really with the birds and the trees and the grass and the lake and the um...earthworms and er...um...the other thingies..