Nucimember
8 posts

Posted:
Are there any groups meeting somewhere in NZ that welcome newbies?
Where and when are you meeting?

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
kia ora nuci
Auckland has a wicked fire night every tuesday night at victoria park just in the central city ,oppisit Victoria park market.
its choice!heaps of people come every week and play with fire sticks staffs poi and somtimes other stuff.there are drummers that come down most weeks and everyone is welcome newbe or expert or somwhere inbetween.
it kicks of at about 8pm and fuel is provided for koha.
also if your keen on learning some stuff theres workshops on monday nights at balloonski on Krd central Auckland 6pm-9.30ish.
Auckland has a phat scene as does wellington and christchurch(both of which have some sort of drum circle fire jam shindig shannanagin thing)
If yer in Auckland you can contact Balloonski on 093798984 to find out whats happenin'.
Enjoy aoteroa!!

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

Nucimember
8 posts

Posted:
thanks loads. see you at victoria market!

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
hope the weather clears up and we get a chance to have a burn cause Im startn to go a little crazy,mabey this tuesday will be the one!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Balloonski seems to be a bit closed at the moment. Shame, need juggling thingies. Hopefully you guys will be around the park tonight, wot with it being Xmas eve and all.

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
Hey Dom
Balloonski is a bit of a no hoper at the moment and I dont see it getting back off the ground so its a good idea to get your stuff elsewhere,what do you want?Whatever it is i should be able to get it for you or at least know the best place to get it(inside info from the former Balloonski manager)so if you need a hand mail me.
Bad news as far as i know no fire tonight But thumbs up for next tue,hope to see you there!
Also dom are you a kiwi or just visiting ?
Mail me if you wana have a jam or a
anyways see you soon!

Nordymember
9 posts

Posted:
Is this still going on?

NordyAuckland NZ

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Sorry to say that balloonski has now closed so apparently no more juggling on K road on mondays.
tuesdays in victoria park still on though
meeting in wellington and christchurch as well (just dunno the day anymore, sorry)

if you are in NZ now, you should DEFINITELY join us at the new Zealand juggling Convention from the 6/9th of March... WAHOOHEY IT IS TOMORROW... Annette posted something about it a few weeks ago for more information

Shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Nordymember
9 posts

Posted:
Darn, wouldnt you know it, the first tuesday after I get my pois it has to rain for 24 hours straight so they end up closing the park. blegh. oh well, maybe next week.

*Fingers crossed*

NordyAuckland NZ