Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Torch Film Co. Filming new movie/Need Fire Acts/New York Area

Login/Join to Participate

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Principal shooting has already begun on Torch Film Company's new film "Torch: Birth of a Dance". Going on College/Club Tour in Spring, 2003. Seeking fire dancing, poi, fire breathing, any photogenic fire act. Will not import talent. Must be in New York area. Will be expanding to nationwide in Fall, 2003. Do not contact now if not in New York area. Contact Rolan - "Torchco@aol.com

[ 18. November 2002, 15:37: Message edited by: ROLAN ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Very nice. If you could do me one favour and edit your post so that it's not all written in upper case.

This is seens as aggressive and "shouting". It makes you look rude and will actually stop people from reading your words.

Odd but true.

Thanx for your time.

Meh

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi C@ntus:
Didn't mean to be offensive. I guess the caps reflect my enthusiasm for the Torch project. I will edit per your suggestion. It's best to learn discussion group etiquette early on. This was my first entry ever.

Rolan

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well there's lots of New Yorkers who should be interested in this.

Meh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
hehe, well if we're learning about etiquette here, just also remember to put the location in your topic heading, makes it easier when you scan through the list to see what is relevant to where you are!

thanx

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi C@ntus:

No New York offerings yet but let's hope you are right. I still have plenty of time.

Rolan

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi Frenzie:
Love your name. Locations not chiseled in stone yet. Various colleges in 50 mile radius of my home (Woodstock) including Ulster County Community College, SUNY Albany, Union, Bard, Russel Sage, New Paltz, Marist and some still-to-be-determined New York City Clubs. Will make new posts as arrangements become clearer.

Rolan

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hey Rolan! Wow - you're so co-operative! if only everyone was like you.

I think Frenzie was actually referring to a more generic area being included in your title - like "USA" or "Florida" or "Timbucktoo".

We have a huge international membership on the board, so we don't all assume that everything is revolving around USA

Anyway, a very warm welcome to you You sound like a lovely individual. Best of luck with your project.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi Flashfire:

I'll edit my post to include "New York Area" per your suggestion. Thanks for the advice and your complimentary words.

Rolan

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
I am in the new york area and i twirl...let me know if ya still need people!
ps- i go to suny new paltz
my email is cosmic_tuesday@yahoo.com

[ 18. November 2002, 16:16: Message edited by: tekknogurrl ]

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

ROLANmember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi Tekknogurrl:

I'd like to see your act. Do you have a video you can send me. If not I can make one for you and get to see your act at the same time. Also it is possible that my timetable may be moved up to this winter instead of next spring. I'll know later this week. The New Paltz connection is amazing. If you have further interest I'll let you know more about my project.

Rolan

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
ROLAN- I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for as far as an "act"...I don't twirl professionally, so I don't know if I can say I really have one...I don't have a video to send, unfortunately...I don't know if you're familiar at all with twirling, but I can give you a list of the moves that i can do if you want...let me know more about your project, and email me with any questions or anything...
do you live in the new paltz area? if so, we could just get together sometime and chat...
if you'd like to see my resume (as far as performance goes-i'm a theatre-major) it's posted at www.my8by10.com/karenwalcott
ttyl
Karen

[ 20. November 2002, 07:39: Message edited by: tekknogurrl ]

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.