Forums > Social Chat > inspiration from computer games

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
I have this game called soul calibur ( for the dreamcast) anyway theres this character called kilik and he uses a staff. The original thing about this game is that its got all the moves from real life and no made up ones. I find it really usefull because when i want to learn a new move i can just play this game ( good excuse) and learn loads of stuff. Anyone else do this?

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
i posted a string a long time ago with a link to kilik's kata online. i have it downloaded onto my laptop and watch it all the time. ivy also has a good kata, and the double nunchucks of one of the other characters is sweetass. not sure of the exact addresses anymore, but a diligent surfer can finf them. try looking up "digital calibur" in a search engine. ------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

CareyBearmember
9 posts

Posted:
Actually, I began fire twirling recently (and many thanks to Home of Poi for teaching me), but prior to that I used to do a bit of Kung-Fu staff work that a friend taught me. My fire staff is terrible - I'm working on it, but the Kung-Fu moves are a totally different matter - they provide a very interesting contrast to standard spinning and twirling - it has a much more martial appearance.. A few people have commented to that effect when they've seen me twirl... So I think you're definitely on the right track.