Forums > Social Chat > Where could i find some more staff lessons/tricks

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Ive learnt all the moves from the staff lessons on this site but it doesnt even show the moves i already know. Also does anyone know how i could change my direction without having to spin backwards because im cant spin smoothly when its going backwards. If you know what i mean.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
My feeling is that if you have allready all the moves from all lessons on the staff section and if you can do everything Xaeda does on the video section here too, then , you are amazingly good !Have you seen Flash and Danger boy on the Circle of light video ???in this case, I think meeting twirlers is the solution for further inspiration. Sometimes even beginners can be a great source of inspiration. You could also start playing with a new toy , that could help...just my opinionShine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
I havent seen the video, i only started a couple of weeks ago. Im sure there must be some more tricks because the person i bought my staff from could do much more amazing tricks than i can do, such as a one handed cartwheel while keeping the staff spinning. Also the first move i learnt isnt there. Maybe i should make a website specifically for staffs. Do you know if there is already one . Also i find it quite difficult to go from normal spinning(?) to hellicopter when im spinning fast. Do you have any tips.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
There's the book by Bec and Elke, on sale at the HoP shop. I've looked at a friend's copy and I like it--I'm going to order one for myself.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Cool i think ill get it. Thanks for the idea wink

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I find that spinning for a handful of unknown ppl. Then passing the staff to them and asking what they can think to do with it that they didn't see me alrdy do works amazing. This one dude came up with a sweet combo neather of us have been able to master it yet. Something about letting it roll down your arm catch in your elbows pop it up into a foot stall then kick up into a behind the back catch. It's taking alot of practice.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
So...Tlight, how are the new moves going? It's been a couple of weeks (almost) since you started this post.Have you noticed any increase in speed with your FIGURE-8's, this tends to happen in bursts the more you practice.Let us know what's happening in the world of new staffers...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I think you should really work on going backwards, it adds a completely new aspect to your twirling and opens a whoel new range of possibilities, ie everything you already know one way.....u can learn the other!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Yeh its what ive been doing (spinning backwards). Its okay untill i hit myself. I dont really like spinning too fast anymore, i find it can look better and you can save the fast for the end to wow people. Ive been craving fire so badly but i started a new school a couple of weeks ago so my mum and dad dont want be to have any serious burns. Maybe this weekend. Oh by the way, do you know how to get from the spinning vertically to spinning in the normal way. I can do it with difficulty but it looks a bit stunted. Ive been looking for inspiration from zaeda's video (wow) and they are totally awsome. I like the dissapearing staff. I havent really had much time to staff spin recently, ive been bogged down by homework but every spare minute im banging my head, heh. Anyway i look forward to meeting up with some people.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
old thread needz da new video link

pen trick videos!
https://gprime.net/video/pentricks.php

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
As Cassandra says the best thing you can do to move forwards is to go meet other spinners. Watch a truly talented person do contact and you'll marvel at the things that can be done with a stick.

Another thing to look at is your routine; do you always do the same thing or do you vary it? I know one person who doesn't have a lot of moves, but the confidence and style in which she puts them together makes for a damn impressive show.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
plus ask arsn
he sexy mama :graemlin with toilet plunger on left cranium:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always