Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
There's a story in in the local arts and entertainment weekly newspaper on me and firedancing.
It's in the Ventura County Reporter Oct, 3 2002.
The reporter actually understood my remarks about the psycho-anthropological origins about fire dancing.
It's the best article I've ever seen on firedancing.
Should you be unable to read the story, the photos are at
www.jdimo.com/rptr/fire

Maximus

[ 04 October 2002, 18:32: Message edited by: Maximus ]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Maximus,

congrats on gettin this article!

i'm gonna try & find that paper online, if i do, i'll post a link here, ok?

also, please check your PMs, dude, thanx

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ok, Maximus, found it!

right now it's on the front page of the Ventura County Reporter online, which is at https://www.vcreporter.com/

it's the story right under the cover story, with this blurb

art & culture
Fire dancing is as old as the cave dwellers that started it. Local dancer Phil Heiple says that although its refinements have made it safer, it’s still a primordial experience that offers a connection between man and his evolution.

which clicks to the main article.

hey, Maximus, this turn of phrase is good:

quote:

“We have developed our own code of safety and our own code of etiquette,” explained Heiple.

terrific props on an attentive-sounding reporter focusing very closely on you, dude!

hey, after giving Solomon the primal view of cave-fire, you really gotta come to our home burn beach in Dana Point, baja end of Orange County, & spin with us in the rock tunnel to Pirate's Cove after we climb up the 8' rope through the pass. would be awesome shot of you, since you educate reporters with a full-history spiel, and it's an incredible place to spin. around the corner, over a ridge, is what i call Pirate's lookout, a rock ledge with depressed center, the edge mounds right over the crashing waves. sometimes our spinners lace the rocks with fuel then spin in burning circles & stuff.

May we spread word of this article on you by reproducing it or quoting it at OrangeFire?

we like to honor all our pyro family in the extended region, and let everyone (including more & more gig clients, including in LA) see & enjoy what you're doing.

& if you're favorably inclined to our givin ya a lil free & good publicity, do you have a troupe signature shot you want us to use, too?

~ Mike 949.643.1625 home landline whenever ya come by

[ 04 October 2002, 19:28: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US