Page: ......
arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
To all Brisbane twirlers, on each Monday night there is a practice twirl being held down in the South Bank Piazza. Beginners welcome as we are free to teach. Come to learn

Starts at 7:30... pm, and goes till around mid-night. See ya then.

Its all free and we would love to see you all there!!

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Moonfest has been cancelled for sometime now. Unfortunately sprocket as it was an great event.

And Gabe..... what about me!!! frown wink

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sprocket

Yay, I'm heading to Brisbane soon. I'll meet you on Monday nights!!! Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year? Any trancy kind of parties? What a about the moon fest at Shorncliffe?

Looking forward to meeting you.
Julia

Trancy style events would best be found on oztrance.net Lots of doofs and indoor parties coming up soon but far too many to mention individually smile

Moonfest has been cancelled as paul said frown The full moon gathering at davies park is going again and I thought there was a new gathering started out at shornecliffe by one of the drumming crews?

Tuesday nights there is firetwirling at Mowbray park. There is a thread about this one as well smile

Oh and the last few juggle jams have been great fun biggrin Not too bad to have a change from the piazza for a couple of weeks juggle weavesmiley

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sprocket

Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year?

Large numbers of excellent spinnners, musicians, artists, circus bods and other lovely people will be at Woodford Festival It really is the main thing going on around Bris here before New Year...20 venues for 6 days...though about the only thing NOT on offer there is trance. ubbrollsmile

However we run an excellent all day half the night community circus venue called Circadia with mulitple workshops, play space, fire etcetc.
If you haven;t been beofre its worth paying and just going nuts with all there is to do at . There are still some volunteer spots left too if you want to work your passage...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
How embarrassing! I completly forgot to mention woodford ubbloco

Gabe, do you know if there will be any new years celebrations in circadia á la last year? Very fun setup you had there smile Especially with all of kyles latest and greatest gadgets biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

And Gabe..... what about me!!! frown wink

redface
And basstones and Misguided Oracle and MoonubblovePixie and allsorts really. ubbrollsmile

Post amended smile

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Hehehehe i should think so!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Right, I'm definitely up for this! biggrin

Now I'm looking forward to the 20-hour train journey instead of flight (I'm not risking not being able to take my cache of staves!)

See you guys soon! Especially you Paul wink hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Hehehe i've been very slack with a sickly fiance lately. But we'll try and make it there again some day soon. Possibly before christmas.

Thanks for thinking of me Dave!! biggrin

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
Are the juggle jams just before Woodford popular? ie: monday 17th. Or is everyone too busy gearing up for Woodford?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Popular as always. Sometimes lots, sometimes few. I personally will be in Sydney that night, cos my dad is sick
If the Piazza is shut to us cos there is an event or something, we go down to the buskers pitch in the park next door.
Enjoy!
Gabe

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I really like the JJ sessions around christmas, always some new and intersting faces smile Get to see whats new and cool from around the world bounce

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
yay! dave is finally coming to brisvegas!! biggrin bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Woohoo can't wait to get back and see you guys again, it will be a few weeks but not long to go now. Hope I still recognise people, its been 2 years now since I've been!!

hug kiss

Lexie

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wooh! & a lexie too!!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The Brits are invading Brisbane.

We're taking it back for the motherland for a jar of Nutella...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey*:.

the word was going around last night at juggle, that we might all get together down at shorncliffe for Christmas Eve (which also happens to be .:*full moon!*:.)

Being next week's Juggle Jam Night, thought i should mention it here so you lovely traveling people don't turn up to Southbank when the rest of us are down on the beach for a fire play and festive frolick about at Shorncliffe...

Unless of course you are just there to see break-dancers wink

We can actually light up down at the beach too ubblove which will be lovely... and i thought we could set up a few candles and things around the the lil cubby house and hangout in there biggrin ubblove grouphug

...also just like to say, this is *not* moonfest... just a lil Cubbyhouse Christmas Eve party at Shorncliffe.... that happens to be full moon biggrin

for directions .... i'm sure there's something in one of the old moonfest threads (as it's the same park: Moora Park, Shorncliffe Beach) ...the closest train station is Shorncliffe (1/2 hour train trip north from Brisbane City Central) ...from there you walk up either Swan St ...or Palm Ave ...either of those will get you to Park Parade which Moora Park is on.. then just walk down the steps or parthway down the hill to the beach level, and you should see a big wooden cubby-house playground with fairy tealights and a bunch of hippies fire swirlin and jugglin and doing what hippies do smile grouphug weavesmiley juggle ubblol peace

ok... that should just about do it

See ya's next week*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Only problem is that I might need to be at Woodford Site to start work early Christmas Day.

frown

Otherwise that sounds lovely!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
If im around next Monday I shall deffinately come along.
Wanted to last night but still recovering from 40 hr journey to get to Briz!!
Looking forard to seeing all you lovely folk, if not Xmas Eve then Woodies?
Love and Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Shall do my best to make it, but with a family christmas dinner that night it could be tricky! Sounds amazing though

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
for anyone who missed my last post on the page before... Juggle Jam is not at Southbank this week... well at least most of the usual crew that go to juggle jam are planning to gather down at Shorncliffe instead, for a *one off* Christmas Eve Full Moon Cubby house party... thing. grouphug

...just in case it got lost in the page before as i wouldn't want lovelies to miss out on the love and mush and festive goodness*:. ubblove grouphug weavesmiley juggle hug2 ubbloco

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, it's gonna be my first juggle jam tonight...

What time is everyone arriving?

I'm only in the hostel over the bank...

See you guys later tonight... hug

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
i'm planning to come along tonight. i'll be bringing the little fella (four years old) with me since he so loved watching everyone doing their stuff in the circadia tent at woodford. i hope he enjoys it.

i'd better bring along his diabolo in case he wants to join in the action. he doesn't really know how to use it, but he gets full marks for trying. smile

when i grow up, i want to be a circus freak.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
And to remind everyone that if the Piazza is booked out for a function we meet at the buskers pitch by the Southbank lagoon. There is a bit of covered cafe area there too in case of rain.

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

And to remind everyone that if the Piazza is booked out for a function we meet at the buskers pitch by the Southbank lagoon. There is a bit of covered cafe area there too in case of rain.

is there a landmark nearby so we can find the busker's pitch if need be? i know you've said south bank lagoon, but i'm not sure which bit is the lagoon. there are several water type areas ..

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
There are 3 water type areas, and the lagoon is the one that has sand.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
At least we're an easy group to find.. wink

It doesn't look like the piazza's booked out anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.. (I was there 10 minutes ago)

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
well... there's a surprise... I didn't make it, after all... I am seriously beginning to wonder if I'll ever make it back to juggle jam...

why, to a 13yo, does "be home by dark... we're going out tonight", turn into "being found wandering home some time after 9pm, after the grown-ups (kinda) have started to get more than a lil bit worried"?

should we have been more specific? given the exact quality of darkness...? or mentioned that we meant dark AEST (australian eastern standard time)...?

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

should we have been more specific? given the exact quality of darkness...? or mentioned that we meant dark AEST (australian eastern standard time)...?

mine's only four years old, so i don't have direct experience, but from what i've been told of teenagers .. yes, you should have been more specific. lol! biggrin

i'm glad that your teen made it home safely, anyway.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
*chuckle* ... thanks, coralie... I'm glad she did too... @#%#@% kids...

hope you had a lovely time at your first juggle, anyway... ditto, neon dave...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

hope you had a lovely time at your first juggle, anyway...

i did! smiley had a fun time, too. he designated himself as dropped club picker-upper-er, it seems, although he wasn't really clued up on which clubs had been dropped intentionally or not. eek doh. i hope he wasn't too much of a pain in the bum for anyone. redface
EDITED_BY: ferrous (1199791315)

Page: ......