Page: ...
arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
To all Brisbane twirlers, on each Monday night there is a practice twirl being held down in the South Bank Piazza. Beginners welcome as we are free to teach. Come to learn

Starts at 7:30... pm, and goes till around mid-night. See ya then.

Its all free and we would love to see you all there!!

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
YAy for Raisin Toast! Thanks Jen ....twaz a bit of a quiet one compeared to last week... we missed your lovely faces! grouphug

.:*snuggles up to Valura to give her *all better now* cuddles*:. hug you ok chicken??? that sounds ouchy!!!

Hey! I was thinking... it might be nice to do a bit of a group stretch and some warm-up games together to kick off the juggle jam.... what do you reckon?

Maybe a bit of Zoom ubbrollsmile Zap clap Screech eek

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
tee hee.. ya hippy wink peace grouphug

nice idea though.. smile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I love that game!!!

I used to play that with the kindy kids!!

*****squeeeeeeeeeee******

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah that sounds good. It;'s good to play together things as well as the more solitary spinny things....

Brrrr Sydney... I feel like I;m getting a cold@!!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'd definitely be up for a bit of zoom-zap-screech and warm ups. I was pretty sore after doing acro there the other week, especially the foot-sit rollover without a warm-up. I should know better!

Elke there's another similar reflex-group-awareness game to zoom zap screech. It's called Bing Bang Bounce. There's an imaginary ball going clockwise around the circle. Instead of saying bing, bang or bounce you use hand gestures. Bing = a wave of the hand, which passes the ball to the next person. Bang = clapping hands once, which changes the direction (sends it back either clockwise or anticlockwise). Bounce = slapping the ground in front of you with both hands, which 'bounces' it, makes it skip a person.

It was a strange and quirky juggle this week. Toasters, accordians and bunny ears, oh my!! ubbrollsmile So many beautiful creatures, and talent of course! grouphug clap

I'll definitely bring my contact ball next week knowing there will be mats to do it on. Still not game to do it on concrete eek

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
so it's on then!!!!

warm up games!!! YAY

any other ideas guys??? ubbidea

Becca.... what do you mean by hippy? peace ........... wink

.:*got that joy joy joy joy down in my heart!*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, between warm up games, acro mats, contact bim bam bounce and the usual shenanigans, we've just about got a mini pixoplympics! How about a non fire torch relay?
Elke, are your mats a particular size? Is there a particular interlocking pattern or whatever? A particular place to buy them? Clark rubber?

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yeah Clark Rubber they are (or at least were... before I hosed them/ left them in the sun) 1m squares. They also came in a pretty lavender colour too.... biggrin

they did have these smaller ones, but they had different puzzle interlocking bits... and were thinner and had this different coating in the middle.... You should be able to find them easy enough though... there weren't *that* many different kinds smile *:.

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Anyone got a Twister mat? ubbrollsmile Seriously.

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Gabe, can't remember where I posted this before (maybe the moonfest thread?) but we thought it would be cool for each person to buy a mat, like the ones Elke has, and invest in a group-mat-space. They are $35 each from Clark Rubber. I know several people were interested in this. All in good time, hopefully. I'd like to find some thicker cushier ones though, built to take a fall. Might ask my circa trainers this week if they know where is the *best* place to buy them. Any ideas?

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Aha so it was Surea who raised that idea indeed.. I did remember someone had. I am just aboutto go out this arvo to do a few things so I will stop in our local Clarks to have a look. I don;t know about circus fall mats... Vulcana or Flipside circuses might give you some ideas too cos they do lots of community training. Meantime the Clarks mats sounds like a good idea to give us some communal contact etc space!

See you on Monday!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
peeks in on the mat people ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I got one.. a blue one. Will that fit in the general scheme of things?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! Another great night with or without warmup games!! wink

It was great having all the contact people inside.. such a pretty sight!
Thanks Ry for bringing the guitar and (?) Terry for the amp. It was so purty....Next week sounds like we're going to have just about a band wow

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*big sad face*
we couldnt come... one of my legs wouldnt work properly, I think the baby was sitting on one of my nerves and it felt like my leg wasnt there!!! Not a good look trying to hobble everywhere, but kinda funny when I think about it!
I hope you all had fun.. I heard Kyles having a party! We will be soon too so I will have to confer with Kyle and see when so we can plan around his git together

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
frown I missed you guys chicken! Are you ok? your leg working and feeling better now? hug

Kyle (now with only two lil bubba dreadies! biggrin) that sound game before we left was awesome!!! Thankyou for sharing the magick sound square! eek

Yeah totally what happened to the warm up games...haha... totally forgot rolleyes

Gabe... love the blue square in the centre... was like an inverted blue eye... with all this lil crystals dancing about like a sparkles...:* (I deffinately reckon Dimitri's going to claim that *blue* one when he come's back to aus... I can already see hand stands and things going on... ubblol)

grouphug

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Chicken! How are you feeling precious one? I hope you are well enough to come next week. Bring a bean bag, make yourself comfy, and I'll give you a foot massage hug

Sorry I haven't got around to getting a mat or two yet. Soon-soon. Might leave early and pick up one on the way to Juggle. Is there a clark rubber near West End? And yeah what happened to those warm-up games? confused hehe Next week for sure! And the kettle will be guest-starring again next week, so BYO mug and tea of sorts.

I think I need one of those trolleys like Terry has, since next week I plan on carting, by public transport from Redland Bay: 5 staves, juggling balls, contact ball, mats, raisin toast and food, mug, tea, bodhran (Irish drum), and backpack full of general stay-away-from-home stuff.

The little contact juggle circle was so pretty from afar... I loved watching those crystal spheres dancing over body parts, buoyant, as if rising the crests and embraces of a gentle sea...

Kyle, Ry, Ken, Terry.... thanks guys for your musical beauty hug2 clap

See some of you beautiful creatures at Kyle's shindig this weekend! grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Sureau, I'll make and bring some chai for next week if you like, save you a bit of carting hug

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol this is starting to sound like those good old moonfests where I used to cart a whole pot of chai all the way from my house (which was up the hill from moonfest) ubbloco pluss candles, drums fire gear all that other shite ... now I have a car and limmit my load to one trolly's worth (big purple blankie for all our bums to sit on a must... wink )

ubblol ubblol ubblol

It's been awesome hanging out with all you lovely ones ubblove grouphug ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Umm, I think I'll make a pot, put it in a thingy with a top and drive it in my car to about 10 metres from the door!

Luckily I have slaves to carry my drum, pois, mats and blankies! wink

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Yea,
Just about that party thing:
I tried to make a post the other day to invite people who I havn't had a chance to see, but our internet died before I clicked send.
So to sum it up, party is this Sat night at my place in West End & all are welcome. If you need to know how to get there give me a ring on 34116044. Juggle space is sort of limited to the street but we should have lots of musical fun as well. BYO spoons, rattles, whistles, shoes, drums etc...
There should be a PA if anyone wants to plug instruments in too.
Feel free to bring friends as long as they are peace loving mung beans
hug
Love & Stuff,
Kyle

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Coolio Kyle, cya there.... with only very small spinning things and a drum and a bunch of random small percussion!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOOOHHHHHHH I'm not feeling very well

Can I have some sympathy plzzzzz???

(scratchy eyes, sore muscles, tired and not focused..... that sort of thing.....) frown frown redface

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug for sweet mumma gabe! hug hug hug hug
get better soon!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
errrr, join the club frown Aching from head to foot, and been battling fevers the past few days. Woke up drenched this morning... Hoping to miraculously recover (or at least break the fever) by tomorrow so I can come to Kyle's... don't want to miss it! Sicky time is strictly not allowed to get in the way of playtime and people-time. I'm telling it to leave my body (and yours too gabe) right... about.... now meditate

heart

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
hug grouphug hug

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
grouphug:joins in hugging the lepers:
Get well soon...
Hope you both get that healing feeling hug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOh Kyle,
I am sooo sorry but I am not going to come over tonight....
frown
feeling better but don;t wanna push it..... staying local......
Have a great one!!!!
Gabe
hug

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
yay tonight's the night...
Shorncliffe Pixies are you coming down?
We'll be there, I'll bring the blue mat again and my lovely friend Lina for some drumming...
I'll try with the Chai, let's see how the working day goes!
Sureau, you bringing the kettle?

Love ya
grouphug

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Gabe, Jon's bringing the kettle down.
Don't know if I'll be coming tonight. If so it'll be the first I've missed since I started going! I did go to Kyle's, got little to no sleep... in other words I pushed it and now feel a wee bit wretched again. I was going to clark rubber before juggle but since I'm waiting till the last possible minute to know if I'm even well enough for Juggle, that mat will have to wait yet another week redface Hope to make it though. Rest is only half the healing; happiness, love, laughter and inspiration is the other! hug juggle weavesmiley ubbloco heart meditate

love to all hug2

"Be the Bunny"

Page: ...