Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 10.26.2002, Only 2 DAYS left til Theatre Bizarre!!

Login/Join to Participate

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
The Circus is back in town, and it ain't gonna be pretty

All Hallows Eve, the way it was meant to be celebrated. A decadent, pagan festivity set in a haunted, turn-of-the-century, traveling fair ... A carnival of carnage.

Step Right Up!

You are about to witness Freaks, too shocking to believe. Anatomy, the likes of which you've never seen! Thrill to the macabre. Delight in the obscene! Bands, beer and bonfire will be provided! Carnival food will be available for sale.

Costumes are Mandatory!

We would like everyone to participate in this unique event. Costumes only add to the surreal, unnerving atmosphere. You will not be allowed to enter if you do not have a costume. This is an outdoor event, please dress appropriately.

Due to the nature of the show and the consumption of beer, this event is 21 and over only. Prepare to be shocked, offended and amazed.

Come, revel in the Theatre Bizarre!

Where:
967 W. State Fair, Detroit MI
and the five houses next to it.
USA

Ticket prices:

September thru October $30
October 26 at the door
(if available) $35

Sign up to receive the Theatre Bizarre e-flyer for ticket and entertainment info. https://www.theatrebizarre.com/html/info/tickets.html

For more info visit us at:https://www.theatrebizarre.com

If your interested in going and don't wanna go alone...Email me and let me know. GoddessOfPyre@aol.com
Also if your interested in partaking in next years event don't forget to email.

[ 25 October 2002, 14:29: Message edited by: Goddess_Of_Pyre ]

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
my Pyrean lady,

would that i could from across so many. . . burnable woods! grand to hear of it, post us some pix, will you, afterward, for the rest of the world?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
Only 2 weeks until THEATRE BIZARRE!!!

Join us Saturday, October 26, 2002 to see the weird, wild, and revolting!

This year's entertainment lineup:
Peggen
Solla Saloon
Fire Fabulon
Thrall
Night of the Living Dead: The Rock & Roll Musical
Pyros
Los Minstrels Del Diablo
Country Bob and the Blood Farmers
Lucifire
Gruesome Harvest Orchestra

Buy tickets online!
buy your Theatre Bizarre tickets via PayPal

Go to www.theatrebizarre.com for more info!

Check out photos from years past PHOTOS

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
oh, if she's with Fire Fabulon your Circus day, my warmest love to Carrie, please, would you, Goddess_of_Pyre?!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I was interested in attending this queer montage but alas, I am alone in this land.

I was just wondering if anyone from the area would be interested in heading over to this thing Saturday. I have no one to go with so I was looking for someone to hook up with. If anyone would like to go, just lemme know before Saturday morning.

Cage

I know you wanna go....I won't bite...although I can't promise anything...

p.s.
Any good costume ideas anyone?

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
What is Theatre Bizarre You ask? It is probably the wildest, imagionative, Holloween Party you would ever attend.
Imagaion if you will....
Nestled amongst the rows of nondescript houses on a typical Detroit community street, a strange and wondrous carnival lies dormant. But, like a zombie with an insaitable appetite for flesh and cotton candy, it will burst forth to light the night sky once more…just in time for Halloween.

To find your way in, you must enter through the doorway of one of the unassuming homes on this moonlit city block. Once inside, you quickly realize this living room is anything but living. Disused and decrepit, thick layers of dust and cobwebs coat everything, save for the fresh, glistening trickle of blood leading you into a shadow blackened hallway.

This is the lair of horrendous serial killer, Edgar Joseph Torrent…and this is the night that he escaped. His escape route is your journey.

The dining room is furnished with evil and violent histories: a maze of hanging corpses in homemade body bags sway in a slow and macabre dance. The strain of waiting feeds your terror. Unsteadily you pass into the kitchen, where his victims were crudely processed: pots boil over with human fat; dried, bloody fingerprints are
everywhere. Legs, hands and arms hang near a window, like jerky drying. Shelves of jars hold tightly to horrible secrets. The sink is clogged with blood and bile, and a freshly carved body hangs, silent, near the stove. Leaving the kitchen, you enter an enclosed back porch revealing the yawning blackness beyond.

Muffled haunting calliope music, far away and lugubrious, fills the air with hollow murmurs. They serve as your only way out. Expecting an exit at every turn, you’re greeted by only darkness and cold air. Suddenly, the blood sings
in your veins. There’s an overwhelming glow drawing you outward, towards swirling, dancing lights. You have just entered a haunted, abandoned midway. And upon your entrance, comes the call of a carnival barker, carried to you by the wind…

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

Step right up and witness a spectacular event so colossal in it’s undertaking, so marvelous in its scope, it can only happen for one magical night. You will be transported to, not only another place and time, but another plane as well. Fully immersed in a twisted carnival where, if you make it through our haunted house entrance and funhouse maze, everywhere you look, anywhere you may travel, spectacular sights and sounds await you.Hundreds of sparks, glimmering in the darkness, illuminate the midway, exposing the neglected shell of antiquated games, while the familiar smell of carnival food fills your nostrils. And just beyond the midway, past the spookshow arch, a grand exposition beckons…

Freaks too shocking to believe!

When the curtain rises and the outrageous performances begin, you soon find out that these are no ordinary bands, for this is no ordinary stage. The entertainment that ensues is nothing less than amazing, acts are chosen for their theatrical and extreme elements, both sensational and confrontational. All manner of sideshow performers thrill the crowds, with everything from body contortionists and acrobats, dangling high above the stage to fire-breathers and sword-swallowers, challenging faint-hearted onlookers. This is all followed by our house band,The Gruesome Harvest Orchestra, which has to be seen to be believed!

Thrill to the obscene!

Not only will you find the freaks on stage, but all around you as well, for this is a masquerade and costumes are mandatory. If you dare to journey deeper into this twilight world, past the towering devil head, through a shadowy tunnel, you will be rewarded with the warmth of a blazing bonfire and an entirely new environment to explore. Your ticket price includes all of this and all of the beer you can drink, as well. And so I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, what are you waiting for? Come and join our dark circus…

A carnival of carnage!

A Theatre Bizarre!

It's sort of like that, but a lot better.

Can't Wait to see many of you there!!!

Theatre Bizarre

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I just wanted to remind everyone that once again, Theatre Bizarre will be upon us without warning. For those in the know who had even an inkling as good a time as I, then they will surely want to be present at tomorrow night's festivities. Theatre Bizarre will be hosting the Summer Circus at Alvin's in Detroit. Many of the same bands will be there in addition to others. The evening will be a benefit for the big show. This way the kind hearted (and somewhat demented) souls who host this year after year will not go into debt once again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lucifire will make her macabre debut once again! The actual masquerade hosts many fire performers so come to the show tomorrow night to show your support! Maybe you'll even get to meet me! Visit the website for more details: www.theatrebizarre.com Or e-mail me if you have any other qustions!

Hope to see many smiling faces from all walks of life and everyone else in the Metro Detroit area!

.:~*smile on, shine on, dance on, then move on*~:.

luv,
Cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...