Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Melbourne - Reclaim the Streets party, Friday 20th September

Login/Join to Participate

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:Meet a whole heap of nice hippies and have fun protesting against concrete by blocking off big streets an' having a huge party on the road!
quote: STREET PARTY!!!!
Reclaim the streets of Melbourne, and enjoy some good old fashioned, car-free fun.
Music, free food, games, dancing, play, FUN, creative, interaction, reclaiming public space. Bring all your friends and come join us for what's going to be the best most party this semester!!!
Bring instruments, bikes, frisbees, juggling balls, art stuff, board games, rollerblades, costumes, skipping ropes, all your friends and anything else to make the space what YOU want it to be!

Meet at the large fountain in Carlton Gardens (near the museum - Melways ref. 2B H11) at 4:30pmish on
Friday 20th September.

For more info, or if you'd like to help organise,
e-mail circusdreams@hotmail.com
The last one was a ripper and was my only ever public capoeira roda. woot! (it's a safe blockade - the police redirected the traffic last time!! - we firetwirled on the wrong side of the road: on it! )

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete Topic

Stone
Stream Entrant
Total posts: 2830
Posted:Hi Bender, the street party looks like a hoot

I’ll be melb friday, so I’ll check it out.

Hope to catch you and hurty two

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

falloutboy
falloutboy

remember
Total posts: 433
Posted:"Sous les pavs, la plage"

Avast me hearties! The last one was fun! but unfortunately won't be able to make it to this one - i'll be in a car on the road instead, which is a bit depressing... :\

Anywho, have fun or ye all will be made to walk the plank and end up in Davy Jones' locker! Arrrrrrrr, Ye scurvy dogs!!

- today is Talk Like a Pirate Day

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:cool stone! remember to keep all your gear in one collection, cus we're walking the blockade for a few streets once the target street is announced. It may also be cold/wet, so bring a wetsuit!

Falloutboy, what u on car/road for?
/ho-slaps fallout boy for not freezing in street with us...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete