Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any events/seminars etc going on in Birmingham, UK?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kuro

whats up with all the limitations?

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Greetings,
I too am from ther home of J RRR Tolkien, Lenny Henry and Jasper Carrott, as for fire stuff there isn't a great abundance of it, Me and my firey friends do spin fire at a night called Earko at The Medicine Bar in Digbeth, do you know it? There is a quite lively free party scene towards Bridgnorth .
I know of two juggling classes, one is at John Wilmot School in Sutton and the other is in Selly Oak asking at the Juglling shop in Selly oak may be worth a shot, I've never thought of that untill now. Lastly there is a Unicyle/Juggling festival gathering thing called Mostyn Madness on thelast weekend of august.
Hope that helps.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Rich! I just checked out your profile and recognised your email addy, after all that typing I could of just told you in person, and I didn't need to tell you about John Wilmot either, oh well. I start Muay Thai at K Star on Thursday and I'm going to Ninjitsu at Fitness First next Tuesday.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Easy Jon, forgot you were Wikkaman!! Caught Foobz on here earlier.

I'm going back to Ninjutsu at Fitness First soon, so I'll be driving up there if you want a lift sometime, but I might not be going back for a couple of weeks.

whats up with all the limitations?

Yossarian_18member
2 posts

Posted:
Hello!
Meeting this sunday (25th) in Cannon Hill PArk, Edgbaston, Birmingham. Opposite the main lake, at 4pm.
Everyone come along- Spinners, jugglers etc!
I thought i'd already posted here, but it aint come up yet..oh well.
Cya then folks,
Tom

=====> ooo0 0ooo @...@ > ( ) ( ) (-----)> ( ) / > _) (_) ooo ooo

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Greetings Yossarian_18
Are you planning to do some renegade fire twirling at Cannon Hill after dark? Haven't done any for ages, I finish work at 730 and may cruise down after if peeps are planning to stick round. Wot you sayin Rich?

Yossarian_18member
2 posts

Posted:
Yep indeedy, we should be there untill darkness- though we only have one fire poi & one fire diabolo- hurrumph!

=====> ooo0 0ooo @...@ > ( ) ( ) (-----)> ( ) / > _) (_) ooo ooo

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Yossarian_18 ,
Did you go to Cannon Hill Park? We got there about 9ish, span with no fire for a bit because there where lots of official people taking down the stage from the night before, and then departed, did you go Moseley festival?

[ 26 August 2002, 22:16: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]