Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > August 17th 2002 - Clearwater Beach, FL, US

Login/Join to Participate

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
WHAT: Meet @ Pier 60

WHO: All twirlers, spinners, artists, performers, or anyone who enjoys the arts

WHEN: Sunday August 17th, 2002

WHERE: Clearwater Beach(Clearwater, Florida), Pier 60, left side of Pier

------------------------------------------

All are asked to join us for this special occassion as we light up the night sky with our art. There will be fire breathers, spinners, glowstick twirlers, and various other arts at this event held at the beach. Performers from all over will be gathering to share their arts with you. You are welcome to bring your friends, relatives, or kids. We generally start around sunset, and continue until we either run out of fuel, or energy. (= Hope to see you there!!

EDITED_BY: CrazyRaverDude (1189574235)

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I take it back! I take it back! (= It's August 18th, not the 17th. Sunday.

I have emailed all local TV & newspaper stations. So hopefully we'll get some press coverage.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Here's a copy of the email:

If you are receiving this email, it is because you are listed on HOP’s Meet Other’s directory for the state of Florida. I apologize if you have already received this email. There is no easy way of sorting through all the 65 people listed. Heh Below is a copy of the email & fax that I sent to all local TV & Newspaper (WTVT, WTOG, WFTS, MoreTV32, BayNews9, St. Pete Times, and Tampa Tribune). I suspect that this will be a rather large meet, so I am extending the invitation to come, to everyone. So please pass along this email to anyone who may be interested in attending!

-------------------

I am forwarding this email to all local TV & newspapers. I am a fire performer. Every so often, there are gatherings of fire performers from across the Tampa Bay area, and beyond. It has been quit some time since we have had a large meet, and there is one this weekend (Sunday the 18th). The “Fire Meet” will consist of people coming from Tampa, Brandon, St. Pete, Orlando, Naples, Hudson, and other places from around the state. There will be fire spinners (poi), fire breathers, fire trailing, glowstick twirling, fire staff spinners, fire whips, and fire floggers.

We get together every so often so that we can share our various arts (mostly fire-related) with each other, and with onlookers. We have selected Clearwater Beach, Pier 60 as the spot for this Fire Meet. The meet start @ sunset(approx 8pm) on the left side of the Pier down by the water.

To see a few pictures of these arts please visit:

https://www.shouden.us/gallery

^^ These pictures are only of fire spinning however, as I stated above, the people coming have a wide variety of skills other than just specifically fire spinning.

For more information regarding fire performing & the various arts included, please visit:

https://www.homeofpoi.com

Here is the promo information that has been posted elsewhere:

All are welcome to join us for this special occasion as we light up the night sky with our art. There will be fire breathers, spinners (staff & poi), glowstick twirlers, and various other arts at this event held at the beach. Performers from all over the state will be gathering to share their arts with you. You are welcome to bring your friends, relatives, or kids. The first light-up is @ sunset, and we continue until we either run out of fuel, or energy. (Generally this is past 10pm) (= Hope to see you there!!

------------------------------------------

WHAT: Meet @ Pier 60

WHO: All twirlers, spinners, artists, performers, or anyone who enjoys the arts

WHEN: Sunday August 18th, 2002, Sunset (est. 8pm – 10pm EST)

WHERE: Clearwater Beach, Pier 60, left side of Pier
EDITED_BY: CrazyRaverDude (1189574292)

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-