Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > S.diego, north, and orange county rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay i just want to get an idea of how many of us there are here int the southern cal area. leave your name and contact info here.

i am also wanting to set up a big BBQ and spin session on the beach at my house so everyone let me know if you would like to make it. i am planning on doing it about the 17 of august. please let me know if you are interested, and how many other fire people you can round up to go to this. i want this to be huge...

anyone got a light?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Nyx I am making this haltertop weather you come down or not, so you had better come down so I can get it right so that it fits you!!

You just worry about getting down here, I will talk with the others and will try to see if we can get you back. Ehh worse comes to worse you have to live in San Diego!!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I can throw in $20 to get Nyx home, can anybody else pich in? It wont leave me much but I would be more than happy to suck up another 2 weeks eating at the chow hall so that Nyx can come down.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wow nyx, you are a really wanted woman. someone is taking up a collection to get you here. that is one of the great things about fire dancers here (HOP) is that we would all try our best to help out one another. definatley let us know what it would take to get you out here.

when i had the pleasure of having josh and katinca come and visit me on the beach, i had one of the best times ever twirling. i was sooo hyper and happy. come to think of it, out of that whole couple of months that i was miserable, that was the only thing that cheered me up and made me hapy. huh...

so i guess the party for the 17th is set, if you make it down here nyx, it will be a weekday i believe? so we will have to plan something seperat but equally fun...

anyone got a light?

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
OMG!! (ya know, we need a happy smiley that has a little tear to indicate "that makes me so happy i could cry"...guess it's a girl thing!) You guys are sooooo sweet!

Well i am definately working every option to try and get there, got that fare tracker working and am spose to talk to a friend who lives in SF tonight to see if he has any ideas. If i had a week there it would be no problem but with only 3 full days time is my enemy. I'll keep you posted on my progress

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
good luck lady...

anyone got a light?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nyx you just dont have an option here YOUR COMMING DOWN TO SAN DIEGO!!

Look I will take a look on line to get you plane tickets, I found one for about 120 bucks round trip, I will check again see what I can get your for leaving on the 11th and going back the morning of the 15th... hows that sound? Wait it doesnt matter how it sounds because your comming down no matter what.

$120 round trip flight
United Airlines 6956
operated by partner airline
Sun, Aug 11
6:40a-7:56a
plane change
San Jose (SJC) Los Angeles (LAX) 1

United Airlines 6163
operated by partner airline
Sun, Aug 11
9:00a-9:49a
Los Angeles (LAX) San Diego (SAN)
total duration: 3h 9min

there you go now book it and come down!!!

Ohh and the link is here!!

[ 30 July 2002, 10:23: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Ohhh boy...
Ray darlin, my plane doesn't get in to San Jose from CT until 5:30pm on the 11th, then i have to visit with my friend in SF until the 13th.... I was thinking more like fly from SF to San Diego on the 13th, come back to San Jose the morning of the 15th...but i'm gonna click on this link now and see what i can find After all I do have to model that chainmail for ya!
Itwould be a lot easier if i could just change my flight plan to arrive in San Diego, then go to SF...hmmmm...let me check on that one!

~Charles Baudelaire

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Nyx, we'll miss each-other by about eight hours...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nyx tell me what you want for a plane ticket and I'll find it for you! Aint no thing but a chickenwing!!

Cheesy lines and all hehe

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
NYX- from Santa Cruz (or San Francisco) to San Diego - at least Oceanside - can be made in 8 - 9 hours.. I've seen it done in 7, but that's lucky... I always found cheap tickets with southwest airlines or with bestfares.com/// Good luck working it out... I'll be up to hang out and spin with you and Pozee and whoever else comes around.

POZEE- Gee, it'll be real hard to get to the party ... 5 whole blocks away... I'll take up helping you out in the preps (and posts) of the party... It sounds like a very good time!!! What time are you thinking about starting it? Do we want music? Drums? Let me know or we can plan some together.........

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
So is this actually gonna be a dancing party (lol which I'm not gonna do) or a whole 95% fire poi party, 4% laughing, and 1% running around screaming because our hair is on fire thing.

I'm game for the second one

2,905 posts

Posted:
ok Nyx I hate to post this here but I need to ask you this and the board is broken I cant post a PM

so do you want this to be a supportive haltertop or just a plain old haltertop? If you dont want alot of support I have a great paterin I would like to use, but then again this is all up to you its your clothing and your comfort that is ultamatly important!

Once again sorry but I need to ask and you need to check your PMs more!!!

michellomember
13 posts

Posted:
heh, i know i kinda entered late in the game, but id love to go! i dunno if id be able to...august 17th? ill have a better chance of going then...also, what beach is it at?

you are no Clarence Wong, you stole my gameslave..you said you had to IGGINS! - Gaz}8> the irken invasion is coming...<O{

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey nyx.... here ya go.

$39 one way, each way. Choice of ten departing flights on the 13th, five return flights on the 15th. Kepp in mind you have to pay taxes, so then so $78 plus $34 = $112 total, if i did get all teh taxes and security fees (i think i did.)

have fun

peace & love, kyri.

*edit = i found another tax*

[ 30 July 2002, 23:04: Message edited by: Kyrian ]

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

2,905 posts

Posted:
See Nyx told ya, your comming down no matter what!!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
mi9chelo
defiantely not too late to come to the party on the 17th. where do you live anyways? well the party is going to be at my house and that is in oceanside. but its on the beach and the police all know me there and we will not have any troubles. if you want to go jsut say so. i will be posting directions and times soon...

anyone got a light?

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Kyrian.... your link gave me an error page for southwest! How come my southwest search didn't turn up those fares? Can you e-mail me the page?
I also have a possibility with bestfare.com

Ray, a non-supportive type is fine....when i'm sixty i'll worry about support!
What PM? I don't show any in my profile!

*fight the system - burn your bra*

~Charles Baudelaire

2,905 posts

Posted:
No wonder you drive a focous your gas must kick your butt!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Nyx:

Ray, a non-supportive type is fine....when i'm sixty i'll worry about support!
What PM? I don't show any in my profile!

Haha lol cool whatever you want. I will resend all it had was the measurements I needed, I keep revising my list based on new designs and what not. I hope my wire and saws come in soon, otherwise you might have a prickly halter top!!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
what about a focus??? are you talking to me? i dont get it...

anyone got a light?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Ya you Pozee, I thought you drove a focous?!?

Ohh well

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah i do, now i9 realize what you were saying. you did not know i lived in oceanside? it is kind of a long drive every day, but you should see where i live. sooo worth it...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Nyx, search under reservations...put in ur dates...anytime... depart/return city...

it should come up.

it's "promotional fares"

I found $34 fares for my days

and $34 taxes... hehehehe

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
okay, this is it, i'm gonna do it! I found a reeeeeaaallly cheap fare r/t and i need to jump on it or it will go away so if i don't hear otherwise i'm going to book it within the next few hours. Arriving in San Diego approx. 7:30 pm on the 13th, departing at *ugh* 6:30 am on the 15th. I am NOT a morning person so Pozee i really need to know how long a drive i'm looking at to the airport in the morning...if it's far i'll stay over at the airport that night. And i guess i'll rent a car so i can do the tourist thang while i'm there...unless someone wants to show me around!

~Charles Baudelaire

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I will tell you what, if Pozee gives me directions out to his house, I will pick you up at the air port, feed you and take you up to his house so that you can sleep (or where ever your staying, I am assumeing Pozee's yes I know the thing about assumeing so shush). So we got some time so lets plan this thing out!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ray, kyrian, pozee, and dulce, i'm so impressed with the ways you're reaching out to welcome Nyx!

just props to y'all

[ 01 August 2002, 01:26: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
the ladt time i had someone come out here that i met on this board, they made me soo happy. i just want to make everyone feel welcome. hey nyx, the airport is not really that far. SD airport is about 35 to 40 minutes from my house. and i think the orange county one is about an hour. the SD one i think would be better for all parties. hope to0 see ya soon...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, FireMike, Nyx is practically my neighbor. she emailed me one day out of the blue someone does this in deep river?
hehehe.

she's done a lot/ is doing a lot for the... well, community's a strong word for the small group puttering around here, but cool things have happened

But i well agree the san diego crew seems lurvely, and i can't wait to meet them sometime

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

2,905 posts

Posted:
Kyrian, hop on a plane and come down too!!

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Wooohoooo!!
I'm coming to San Diego!!!!!! My flight (1549 AA) arrives in San Diego airport on Tuesday, August 13th at 7:36 pm and takes off Thursday, the 15th at 6:25 am
Yayyyyyy!! Thanks guys for being so sweet and encouraging! Okay, now what?!!! I'll probably just rent a car at the airport and maybe pozee or someone can tell me where to visit during the day on wednesday...i love exploring new places! I'm so excited!
Yay!

~Charles Baudelaire

Page: ...