calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Ok, me and a bunch of people up here are tentatively planning a fire gathering for Wednesday. Not sure what beach yet, but it will be somewhere in South Orange County... I know of a few staffers (about 5) and I think around 8-10 poiers, that want to go, so God willing this will be cool. If any of you guys in Oceanside would feel like driving up here, or any other Orange County folks, that would be cool. I'll post more details as we decide what is going on.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
This is the former, now dead official Home of Poi thread of
OrangeFire, Southern California Regional Association of Fire Arts Performers

THIS IS NOW A DEAD THREAD EXCEPT FOR EXCLUSIVELY "SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY" EVENTS.

FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EVENTS, INCLUDING SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY EVENTS WHICH WELCOME THE SOCAL COMMUNITY THROUGH ORANGEFIRE, THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE ARTS PERFORMERS, GO TO THE FOLLOWING HOME OF POI THREAD:

Official Southern California-wide Thread maintained by OrangeFire

[ 22 September 2002, 15:04: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wednesday huh? and that many people? well count me in. that is kind of quick, like tommorrow, but let me know the details and i will try and bring out a few of my friends so we can all share some new stuff with one another...

anyone got a light?

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Ok, Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point at 8:30 or so, Wednesday night. If you need directions or something, my number is 949 412 5080. Bring fuel, because I don't know how much we will have to go around (I think I'll bring a gallon or two to share, but, it goes quick.) Hope to see you guys there.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Salt Creek Beach has 2 parts. . . expect we'll be in the southern part

[ 22 September 2002, 14:38: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Heh, I hadn't really thought about that. I was thinking the southern part with the big hill and all, and I would assume that is where my friends wanted to go too. If it turns out that there are 2 seperate groups there, I can make calls and find out where they went, so, I'm not too concerned, but I guess I'll be at the southern part.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ORANGEFIRE1

8:30 - 9 PM meet-up at Capistrano Beach gathering location

[ previously directions & details were posted here ]

[ 22 September 2002, 14:42: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Well, the meet was a success, and quite fun. 12 or so people showed up, burnt things, and had a good time. Gatherings in the future are planned to have music, be more organized, and any more people in the area that want to come out of the woodwork are welcome.

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
glad it all went well
i was there in orange spirit at least
i soooo wanted to spin in orange county !!!
maybe 1 day ...
sound of retreating footfalls fade to orange hued distance...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
someone explain how far away this is from san diego to me? my cali geography still sucks.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Orange County is the county on the north border of San Diego County.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
29 miles north of Oceanside, 42 miles north of Encinitas, 62 miles north of Mission Bay upcoast on I-5

ORANGEFIRE1 was a totally happy, free, chill vibe last night, the few people who came up were so friendly and mellow and gave us contacts to keep in touch and see more fire spinning, and some of them know more spinners! so many staff people, and virtually everybody kevlar! and what a busy circle we made when we all spread out in an oval at once.

calvran, when your staffs were superhuge flamin, what a sight! and jason's friend who told me he spins 8 ft and 18 foot(!!!) staffs for martial arts normally, elena did some swift sprightly moves, ivanovich wading into the ocean staff in hand, we were talking today about how that carrottopkid was glowstaffing so smooth even without music like tunes were moving him anyway, jarrod doing every toy going...!

the moon was incredible last night, clear, up all night til after i was done chillin with russell at 5:30 AM back in our hoodz afta we all went home some first, his electric cylinder poi which he was so doped arrived from Malcolm at HoP the very day, he did such easy slick weaves around and behind himself in town almost til dawn.

NEXT: ORANGEFIRE2

Friday August 2, 2002, 8:45 PM - midnight

[ 22 September 2002, 14:46: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
August 2nd... sounds good so far... hope to make it this time

Jdubmember
6 posts

Posted:
I am new to the group and fire twirling, but plan on making the trip to the beach this Friday from San Diego. If Some one needs a ride a can fit an extra person or two, just email me.
lowburb@email.com

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
dulce, les gusto sus pix de independencia!

jdub, great, i'm totally new to spinning too, just stoked to help organize our crew out here.

one of you might want to let Ray know in case he's free and interested in sharing a ride.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i am going to make it to this one for sure. i want to meet all these great fire people. does anyone know how many people are planning on being there? i am going to probably bring at least one or two people with me. i will call you soon mike to get the directions to this place. sounds liek a great place...

anyone got a light?

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
OrangeFire411@yahoo.com
official e-mail for OrangeFire

anyone wanna be on our Southern California 411 e-mail list, just e-mail and ask, tell us you're HoP! we encourage all our members to register into HoP too.

no count yet, but some just joined our list from LA! ok, pozee, OrangeFire just e-mailed you & Raymund our updated announcement with directions as above. welcome to phone me anytime as well, dude.

see ya tonight on the sands, dripping kero, beloved pyros!

[ 22 September 2002, 14:49: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Sick.
Pictures here.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
beautiful, 13 people, and we DID climb the rope into the hidden coves, we had truly sick spins on the bowled-out rock shelf, i'm callin it Pirate's Lookout, after annointing the gritty rockforms underfoot with flaming liquid lava. next time at this place we gotta do a chain of people spinning down the length of the rock tunnel!

complete, combined, quality-edited pictures and review here

some of the best shots are coming from dulce after she gets back in town after a couple of weeks of travel on good political missions

[ 17 August 2002, 01:32: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
nice!!! photos already,
that was a terrific night. thanks for the invite...

anyone got a light?

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
We Love Nyx Welcome to SoCal party!

(OrangeFire joins the Oceanside & San Diego family)
Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:00 PM +

Mistress Nyx of Connecticut's Welcome to SoCal party the night she steps off the plane flight Raymund Phule found her for virtually pennies (lotta love in that man), party hosted by Pozee! And Raymund (of the Marine Corps Air Wing) has a very special, custom present for Nyx: a CHAINMAIL halter-top he's custom-crafted for her hot lil bod, with love and hemp straps! We're also told to check in her luggage in case she smuggled our beloved Kyrian, her Connecticut neighbor, along with her to the left coast.

& We Love Nyx Afterparty

Wednesday, August 14, 2002 around 8:00 PM +

quote:
Pozee sez:

well i am hoping that the young lady has the energy and the urge to do some fire out in the cove. i know i do, that place was fantastic.

[ 22 September 2002, 14:51: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
YEP!! we will be there. I do want to get there a bit earlier this time so that before midnight roles around we can leave. so see you all tonight...

anyone got a light?

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Ok I set up a messageboard for OrangeFire and whoever else wants to use it. It seems to work, don't give the registration form your real email though and put your nickname in for name. It displays your real name that you put in as your nickname, and doesn't have an option to turn off showing email under profile. But it works, and I guess that is what counts.

https://foozone.net:81/phorum//list.php?f=7

[ 15 August 2002, 07:33: Message edited by: calvran ]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
^ UPDATE: actually, we got an even better board now, integrated in our website, skip the one mentioned directly above!

[ 27 August 2002, 12:21: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hi all.. I hope you all had a wonderful time. INS for a day made me too tired, but I'm glad I got to meet up with many last night. NYX, Have a beautiful time up north. It was great meeting you.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yo, last night's Nyx Afterparty at Salt Creek Beach...

last night sooo many cool, artistic new people, Angielin and Kurt came officially for the first time, and Angielin was in black feathers and mystery circus eye-make-up, and they made such a big circle of Spanish-lantern paperbags with candles at the far end of the beach as a beacon to arrivals looking for the rock pass. only one chick, Jennifer, got stopped at climbing the rope, i felt so bad for her, and though she said, "it's ok, i love watching the ocean here," in the darkness, i'm afraid she was gone when we came back out of Pirate's cove and danced and spun our last fuel in front of the lantern circle...

and almost every virgin busted up a spin! for some it was SUCH a headlong rush through the reflective glass!

peace, love, friendship and fire!

~ Mike

[ 27 August 2002, 12:47: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
This is the former, now dead official Home of Poi thread of
OrangeFire, Southern California Regional Association of Fire Arts Performers

THIS IS NOW A DEAD THREAD EXCEPT FOR EXCLUSIVELY "SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY" EVENTS.

FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EVENTS, INCLUDING SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY EVENTS WHICH WELCOME THE SOCAL COMMUNITY THROUGH ORANGEFIRE, THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE ARTS PERFORMERS, GO TO THE FOLLOWING HOME OF POI THREAD:

Official Southern California-wide Thread maintained by OrangeFire

[ 22 September 2002, 15:05: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US