• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:Pozee, Wink, Dreamer, Pixie, Myst and all the other San Diego twirlers / performers;

I know we do unofficial gatherings at South Shores but i'd like to set aside a day 2 - 3 weeks from now that we are all available and can all get together and spin. Our fire community is lacking and I'd like to boost it back up.

My e-mail addy is spanky@spl.at , everyone let me know when your available, I really really want to get something together!

[ 09 July 2002, 07:17: Message edited by: Spanky ]

Delete Topic

pozee

old hand

Total posts: 886
Posted:whats up spanky!!! sounds great, my weekends are usually pretty free. ill hit up raymond, and dulce. and i have a few other peeps that i am sure would love to make it. anyways, you should get with phule and see when his birthday bash is and maybe we can kind of plan it around that...

anyone got a light?

Delete

the man behind the curtain

Total posts: 52
Posted:just let me know and remind me. and i'll be there. ps does anybody that is going have any kevlar they can sell me?

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:I think the 11th is too soon to get everyone gathered up Pozee....I want to make sure everyone has a chance to come.

Delete

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)

Enter a "Title" here:

Total posts: 2905
Posted:Hey the 13 th sounds great man. Though I am broker than well anything I will make an aperiance. I am gonna have to buy more fule hehe.

Anyone got a light?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Delete

Myst

addict

Total posts: 439
Posted:Sounds good to me, hopefully work will allow it and any good friends that want to drive.

Maybe I'll see you there

Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Delete

calvran
SILVER Member since May 2002

Total posts: 61
Posted:I keep wanting to go down and meet all you San Diego twirlers, but I never seem to have a ride down there. One of these times I will though, but, if you guys could post them to the board so I will know that would be nice...I guess I'll check back and see what the final time you guys decide for this is and see if I can get a ride down.

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Just got off the phone with Pozee we pretty much agreed that we were both broke and if ya wanna come out and spin lets do it if not just come out and hang out. Bring fuel because I can afford a galon thats about it. Lets try to meet at around 7:30 8:00 PM on the back side of the island where we have a whole lot of beach. If you cant find us at first keep driving till you see circles of light hehe

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:fuel is not a problem

So Saturday the 13th @ 7:30 it is then. A little sooner then I would have thought but if you guys are ready on the fly that's cool!

I'll send out an e-mail to everyone and post it on a couple other boards.

Also here is a map showing where South Shores is. Map of South Shores

Here is where you can get driving directions . Just enter 'South Shores' for the address.

Also if anyone needs a ride e-mail me at spanky@spl.at and if your not too far I might be able to pick you up.

Hope to see everyone their for a great time!

[ 10 July 2002, 06:02: Message edited by: Spanky ]

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:South shores = Fiesta Island??

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:I've never heard of it referred to as 'Fiesta Island' but a friend of mine said that they are the same.

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Boy I hope so because I told all my buds to be at Fiesta Island hehe. *shurgs*

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:Fiesta Island is right across from South Shores...You can see it and probably throw a rock to it, but i'm not sure if the same road goes to both places....can anyone give insight to this?

[ 11 July 2002, 06:45: Message edited by: Spanky ]

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Hmm I think I know what your talking about, though I have no clue how to get there hehe. This is what I suggest (now dont just take my word for it lets plan this out a bit so things dont get confused)

I say we just meet at fiesta island. Its a bit easyer to get to, for me and umm thats my only reason so agree dissagree but lets get a game plan!!

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:Just to be sure...

Is Fiesta Island also Mission Bay Park?

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:I dont know names so I will give directions and you figure out the names

Take the 5 to Sea World Drive, as your turning on to Sea World Drive, take a left (that if our taking 5 south if your taking 5 north take a right). At the first intersection take another left, you will see a sign on your right hand side about 100 ft or so that says Fiesta Island.

From what I undestand they are in the same general area. But then again I havent been driving in SD for that long. Pozee could better say things more than likeyly.

Delete

the man behind the curtain

Total posts: 52
Posted:south shores and fiesta island are not the same but they are close. to s shores from the 8 go 5 n to sea world drive/tecolote exit turn l at the top of off ramp go past friars road turn r on s shores drive<if you hit sea worlds entrance you went 1 light too far> follow the road up into a large parking lot/boat dock> i don't know where in the lot everybody is going to meet. i'm out of camp fuel but i have some citronella<not my favorate but it works> , and i don't get off work till 11 so i'll be pretty late but if anyone is a die hard or is any a similar situation pm me and i'll show.

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:cool what ever works S shores it is then since we can be out there all night and on the Island we get kicked off pretty early!!

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:Cool, see everyone their!

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:*Bump* for rollcall!

Who's showing up at south shores tomorrow night?

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Me!!

Ohh I got some B-day cash from my folks so I am bringing several gallons of fuel

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:ring of fire, sparkly poi...gallons of fuel yay!

Delete

Nyx

enthusiast

Total posts: 385
Posted:Okay, quick post then i gotta go to work!
I am flying into San Jose on the 11th of August. I have to be back in San Jose to head up to Santa Cruz for Firedance on the 15th around noonish. I have never been to CA before so i want to scope it out. I will be staying in San Francisco starting on the 11th to the 15th but was considering possibly driving from SF to San Diego on the 13th both to see part of the state and to meet as many of you awesome San Diego people as possible! I was thinking i could catch a flight back to San Jose on the 15th to cut the drive back. I don't know, it's a thought but what do you guys think? Would it be a great drive or a nightmare? Any info would be helpful!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:SF to SD is a long drive I wont lie to you, but I have done some long arse drives so it shouldnt be a problem if you can keep you mind occupied. Look forward to seein ya.

Dudes and Dudets!!! Tonight was the most fun I have ever had spinning fire in my life. Spanky thanks for putting this together, for those of you who didn't show Ray is unhappy with you and will nuke your houses later So any how dude Spanky thanks again, John was thrilled, he said he couldnt of spent a better second to last night home, or something like that hehe.

I am soo pumped and as Cassandra puts it "Bouncy!!" Man I love this. Any hoo enough ramblings from me.

Delete

Nyx

enthusiast

Posted:Ya, i know it's long (about 7 hours, right?) but i thought it would be good to see as much of the state as possible since i am considering moving out there next year. Actually my mom lives about 7 hours from me and i go there and back over weekends often so i'm used to driving (not to mention i drive about 500 miles a week for work!). Scenic the drive is, no? Any information on inexpensive flights with small carriers from SD to SJ would be helpful! Anyone got a couch i can crash on?
Thanks guys!

~Charles Baudelaire

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:I dont know about the drive and try seaching the web for small carriers.

I would let you crash at my place but I cant cuz its on base in a barracks, hell its barly big enough for one person hehe I couldnt imagine haveing someone else here!!

Delete

Nyx

enthusiast

Posted:In a barracks?
Um, like a big room with lots of guys in it?
Um, er, you sure i can't crash there??!
Come on, i'll behave....really

~Charles Baudelaire

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:No ohh horny one that would be called a squad bay

these are tiny one man rooms two to a bathroom rooms. Thought they are nicer than squad bays and some of the barracks I have been in they still suck!

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:I had a great time guys. I'll be posting pictures and video soon so be on the lookout.

For those of you that didn't show.......

Delete

pozee

old hand

Total posts: 886
Posted:hey all
i am very dissapointed that i could not make it. not a good weekend. someone tried to kill themselves. but that is a different story. i am glad you all had fun, and happy birthday ray...

anyone got a light?

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:It's okay pozee!

Why don't you set the date and time for the next one?

Delete

Page: 12