Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Well I don't know if this has been talked about before but I think they should make a documentary on the daily lifes of poiers, kinda just walk around with them see who there friends are were they hang out kinda like that show they have American High, I don't know if anybody has seen that, but you know follow them to parties etc, shoot some feedback if you have anypeacematty

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I think that would be a cool idea. almost like the cross continental relay we could send a video camera in a package so everyone can see eachother and what we do and look like, our friends etc.It would be a little easier to mail too, cause it won't wreak of Kero. (N8 indirectly smiles in Lynn's direction)------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yay, more reality TV........Not to knock your idea, just over that marketing ploy about now :P

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Kosmik Lunatik -- I haven't actually seen American High, but I have a friend that went to that high school. He was a senior when these kids were freshman. That would be crazy seeing a tv show of your own high school. Crazy...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Dunno what you mean about American High cause we don't have that programme here...But truth is, if I was talented with a camera, this is a journey I'd like to take : a round the world trip from fire dancer to firedancer, portraits , "stolen" (or given wink ) moments of grace . I am not sure the "private life" would have really interested me, rather what happens when the people twirl and spin, the atmosphre the interaction between spinners and the fire...Maybe I just will do that, for the very pleasure of the experience one day...Frenzie, I know what you mean, but I personnaly think documentaries can be done without invading people's private space and necessarily turning into "reality Tv", don't you think ?Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
So if we start a camera relay what we will have to do is get a disposable camera and pass it arround. I'm thinking waterproof and at least 36 exposure with flash. smile Their about 20$ american.Then when it is filled the person that recieved the last camera has to go out and buy the next one and continue on. The problem would be posing the pictures or getting everyone copies. What does everyone think?

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
oooh thats such a good idea!!botht he documentary and the photos id totally be up to that.. as for american high they showed it maybe twice in canada..i dont think it went over well.. as for the doctuamentary what if a bunch of peopl from different places made one we send them to one person (an editor of sort) and splice it all together.. just to get points of veiws and other things from around the world someone could had it to the circles of light and poi beginners collection..*shrugs* i dont know... i think to much about artsy shtuff like that.. ------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
When the idea of the relay first came up this was mentioned but then so were thoughts of people waliking off with the camera. As it is someone has walked off with one set of the poi chains. However, a camera crew going to a different persons life each week to spotlight them would be interesting, so long as it isn't me (my house is a mess!). It would be the reality As The Poi Turns!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Yeah I was thinking of a kam korder, but if the only way we can do it is to start with a disposable waterproof, Then thats coo Ill get the camera, but we need more input on how we can do this, like who devlops the camera, how many picts do ya get, either way it should be good.Thanx for the ideasMatty

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Kosmik, Well I will volunteer to send out the first camera (disposable one). As to who develops the film I think that responsibility should belong to the last person that holds the camera when it's filled. If he/she can't pay to have the film developed just ask the person that you got the previous camera from.I figure the camera is about 15$ American and the developing is about 10$ American. I was figuring the only "MUST HAVE" thing in the picture is you either have to be spinning poi staff or your equipment has to be in the picture somewhere. Soooo if anyone wants to be the first recipient let me know. ------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
My life is kinda boring. I get up, go to work (Im an internet develpoer). on my lunch break I pratice a bit. back to work, head home, play w/ my daughter, pratice some more... go to bed, repeat.

I smell something burning.

CareyBearmember
9 posts

Posted:
Ok, maybe I'm being naive here - I do realise the appeal of something being sent around the world, but the camera idea isn't very practical - you could get the same result simply by getting everyone to send in a photo. Also, in my experience, disposable cameras don't do good action shots of poi or staff - you need a decent exposure in a nice dark area.I love the documentary idea though - not about the lives (heh, I don't have one), but perhaps about the way fire twirling of various sorts is regarded in various areas. I know that I'm having a lot of trouble in LA - Open flames are illegal almost everywhere, and I'm stuck in the burbs - not that there's much else *grin* - anyway, I've been threatened with arrest before frown not good.I'm currently trying to get a permit *sigh* I love red tape I love red tape i love red tape *fades off into the distance*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Heads up,About a month ago I placed a note on this discussion board for interested participants. I am filming a documentary on twirling and staffing. The response from people around the world was great. I am interested in dialogue with people who are interested. The project should be going on the road as early as next spring. I can be contacted at bpk@worldmailer.comsee ya Brian

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Where abouts are you doing the documentary?