Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Just a quick note to say that I'm dropping in to Spitz after my graduation tomoorrow, so I look forward to catching up with some familiar face tomorrow smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
It was an honour waking up next to you this morning Mr Chutney....

devil

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ahh bless...

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
He snores and takes up all the bed

offtopic

biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I actually remember hearing the mouse get caught as i was trying to get to sleep....

hang on..
This thread is about Spitz. Sorry.

offtopic

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
this tuedsay. i think its the 7th...

might someone have somewhere for me to crash, please?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
no-one going? is it on? I meed to know soon please cos I need to make arrangements otherwise.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
spitz is definitely on miss dragon weavesmiley

i'll be looking after it for a little while while ewan is doing his tefl course (and cam is in thailand).

can't offer you anywhere to stay i'm afraid as i don't live in london but i can help you find the workshop if you need it and will make sure you are introduced to a few lovely people too smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
that would be lovely, cole smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you can expect a pm on monday and a reception on tuesday then smile

hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
thankyou very much, but never mind!

i have screwed up my dates and their corresponding days, and i can't make it! its getting too close to my flight home and i just want to relax and chill at my aunt's house.

see you all next time!!

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
You bitches better still be turning up - lol xxx

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol
Who is in Thailand again? spank

Found last week: Pair of short sport sock sock poi.
Lost two weeks ago: Bovrils Tartan cone poi.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
last week: lost, megs wonderful presence. (and her health)

gained: meg meeting more famous people: Fairy Ben! eek

https://www.fatmouse.tk

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
spank self for laming out last week and missing meg.... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
YO fellow spitsers... Pixie is back in London soon I reckon I'll come freeze my bottom off with the best of yas on the 29th. I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.

Cuddles
pixie

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

poilovetamnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone...

If I can drag myself away from my desk tonight I would love to pop down and meet all you lovely poisters but.....BBRRRRR...Its gotta be cold in the market place???
Anybody else going tonight who i should keep my eyes open for?

LUANAnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hELLO! IS SPACEMONKe SOMEONE CALLED EwaN?! IS THAT EVEN A CORRECT SPELLING! OH HOW TERRIBLE I AM!
ANYWAY, I WANT TO SEND THIS MSG TO eWAN, BUT I`M NOT SURE IF EwAN IS THE SPACEMONKE...
EWAN!!!!!!! IT`S LUANA HERE! I WAS IN THE WORKSHOP YESTERDAY! I`M WRITING TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND TOLERANCE, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING SO ANTI SOCIAL AND FOR LEAVING WITHOUT NOTICE!!!! I LIVE IN A TEMPLE, AND I RISE VERY, VERY EARLY, I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE TIME YESTERDAY...ANYWAY, I`M SO RUDE THAT I DIDN`T EVEN THANK YOU YESTERDAY, YOU WERE VERY NICE, PLEASE DON`T MIND ME..I`M A LITTLE SPACED OUT SOMETIMES! ANYWAY, I`D LOVE TO JOIN EVERYONE IN THIS FANTASTIC WORKSHOP EVERY TUESDAY, THE ONLY THING IS THAT I WILL ARRIVE A LITTLE EARLIER THAN OTHER AND LEAVE EARLIER TOO.... BECAUSE I HAVE TO BE EBACK IN THE TEMPLE TO GO TO SLEEP.... HEHEHEEHEH
THANK YOU SO MUCH....
PLEASE, WHOEVER THIS E-MAIL REACHES TOO...REPLY ME ONE BACK SO I KNOW WHERE IT WENT, CUZ I`M STILL NO SURE TO WHO AM I SENDING THIS TO.
KISSES XXXXX

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Aww isnt she cute smile

I will be back soon, I've sure missed a Spitz night!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
aaah...I think I have found someone who only looks at the keyboard when typing!
biggrin

Luana: hug smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hey luana,

i think i may be the person that met you when you first arrived, pointed at euan and said "that's euan" wave
and yes, euan is indeed the spacemonke.

i'm generally at spitz early so i guess i'll see you again ubbrollsmile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh.. Euan was there?
I was unbeknownst to this fact.
I knew that Euan was Spacemonkee though and forgot to mention redface

I have zee cash for last weeks meeting. Will bring it along next week with the set of poi that were handed in too.

My reason for not beign there yesterday: I was too close too home to mission it back across London to get to Liverpool street, only then to travel all the way home again.

shrug

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Missed you Jonnny hug

Next tuesday is mine and Bex's last Spitz before going to the Home Of Poi bounce2

And for those who weren't there on Tuesday [Jonnny] we'll be in The Poet (Pub) since there's something happening in Spitx Market. See you all there? beerchug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
beerchug

LETS GET PISSED!

biggrin bounce

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Back in London Dec 12th biggrin

I'll be working late, so should make it for an hour or so biggrin

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I was told there was no spitz on the 29th... So are people oging to be down there or not... I'm well confuzed... The studying is frazling me poor brain!

so can anyone clarify... are my scources just completely off the mark...?

cuddles
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
There'll sort of be one on the 29th

We'll be in The Poet - the pub just around the corner from the market, since there's going to be something taking up all the space in the market itself.
Just like Hexagonic said up there /|\ tongue

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

berttheturnipGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hello there everybody

I only found out there was a meet in spitalfields on friday, and was planning to head along this tuesday, but since there is something going on in the market i will have to wait.

Is there going to be one next week?

Hope to see you soon

LUANAnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
SO ONLY NEXT WEEK?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

Ok, on the 29th (tomorrow), we're going to be in the pub that's on the western end of Folgate Street (which is in the centre of this map.
Don't let it put you off coming, there's space out the back of the pub for spinning.

On the 6th, we're back in the market, unless we hear anything different from Ewan.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Page: ......