Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
yay! bounce

i'll be there

hugs aplenty

sunny

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

scottyBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
hey

been meaning to come for weeks now but haven't got around to showing up....will spitz being running tomorro?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yep, it'll be there.
I think it's been runing almost every week for years now.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
four years to be exact...

and we missed Spitz'es 4th birthday, it was two months ago...

generally i'd remember and tell ewan and we'd have a party and that.

but i forgot redface doh!

i'll see if i can convince Kev to have a late birthday spitz party. It may be hard convincing him though.

Kev hates parties.

and fun.

and children.

and especially kittens. Oooooooh he HATES kittens.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
City Mouse!!

Hello, I'm in London bank Holiday weekend! biggrin

I've got plans already made for Fri and saturday night,

but was wondering if there was anything going on at all on the sunday afternoon/evening????/ confused

Also I may possibly need a place to crash on the sunday night if anybody has any spare floor/sofa space that would be great!
I've give good hugs, and make a cracking fried brekkie aswell! wink

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well Maus if the SUnday you refer to is th 27th August, there is [Old link] happening at the Synergy Centre (near Oval) from about 9- 3 (night time....) Dave's putting it on for my birthday.... yippeee! and there'll be all sortsa folks there... sounds, spinning etc..... come along! biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Ooh! Now that does sound exciting!!! Are you sure you don't mind a random(ish) coming along?

I'm staying in Kentish Town and may well be able to blag another night there, but i don't think thats very far from the Oval is it?

bounce bounce clap bounce bounce

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
ubblol Maus, you'er not a random! I've even met you!

You are totally welcome.. as are any other HoPpers or relavant friendly types...

[Old link]

Kentish Town's not far and it's very close to where I am staying in London anyway. smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pssst..Maus.. you're a girl innit? confused
Fancy staying on the boat? ubblol

ubbangel

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hello all,
um, I will be in london for just one night.. tonight, (wednesday 23 aug) does anyone have a couch or floor that I can crash on tonight?? My accomodation has just fallen through... help!! help I wont have access to the net after sending this message.. so please call or text me on 07765914102 if you have anywhere for me! *hugs to you all*
Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i ubblove spitz.. it rocks! biggrin grouphug bounce

that's the first time i've been in months and everyone else decides to turn up out the woodwork on the same night... brilliant timing! great night, was lovely to see everybody - i think i might even come again next week as well... ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
thanks guys!!! I have a couch smile *hugs to you all*
Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Evish you coming to the partay on Sunday??

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Bingly bong

Think I'll pootle along tonight, unless the train-strike related traffic is REALLY bad in which case I'll give up half way...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ekawongSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
is the poi workshop taking place tomorrow?
:P just checkin.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yep smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
oooooooooh I won;t be there tonight cos I am on the wrong side of the world, but HELLO!!! and hugs to all of you who made me so welcome....
xxxxxx
G

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
i'm starting to go through the spitz withdrawal.

hug

my state of mind creates my world

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
hi all..
is there anyone here who would be able to give me a hand at the thames festival over the weekend of 15-16 Sept? I need someone to be there to help with re-fueling for my fire act, or to stand there with a fire blanket (more for show) at the night carnival of the festival - should be a heap of fun - only need you for a couple of hours, then maybe we can have a bit of a spin? PM me for details.. please pretty please with ice cream on top!!!!!

ekawongSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
hey duballstar, thanks for the info.
sorry, i won't be able to go tonight. bleah. been wanting to go (i'm a bit shy :P) but i knocked off late.
catch you there another time!

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I've not been down before, but I'm seriously tempted.... I'll probably come down next Tuesday (I'd love to come tomorrow but I'm in the middle of a rather messy house move...) biggrin

I look forward to meeting all you lot and hopefully learning some new stuff....

BTW is the info in the first post still correct?

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
um.. are you sure no one wants to help me out here... I really need a fire assistant for this weekend!!! Its only like.. two hours sunday night.... pretty please? someone?

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
and did I mention that its paid?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
what time? i would like to come and meet/help you and have a spin, paid or not, but i think i'm still gonna be in brighton, or at least too hungover to get past guildford...
rolleyes
i should be alright for spitz this tues though... biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am in london for a course next week, so maybe see some of you at spitz on tuesday 26th ?

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I might be there next Tuesday, I work near Spitz but I haven't had the energy or guts to come meet you all yet... every time I think 'yes, this week is the week I shall go to Spitz' I forget to take my poi to work!

I haven't picked up my poi for nearly a year as well, but I'm starting to really miss spinning! Need some spank to get my ass in gear!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank biggrin biggrin biggrin

Off you go then!

mandalanewbie
7 posts

Posted:
oh.it's what I was looking for !!! smile I'm in London (first time) in October.I'll try to get a job (it's something new for me wink ).I had hope that I'll find place where I can learn something and meet people.I'm spinning poi and juggling balls but I'm not good :P but I have motivation to do it... I'll find You wink smile

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Right, my first Spitz tomorrow, I'll be down for definite! Yay! I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and gals and learning some new stuff..... biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
wavehello peace juggle weavesmiley

see you then!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

Page: ......