GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
HEllo everyoneI just thought Id ask if people spin whatever the weather here? Because anyone who knows the English weather well will know how often the heavens tend to open (which is like all the time in Winter)! And living in Cornwall is worse in winter because of being by the sea. Its been raining now for two days and I can't practice indoors because I have already broken a lamp shade and knocked a few things over - opps! And the rain doesn't appeal to me, and makes my poi heavier! How depressing!! Can someone send me some sunshine???Keep Smiling grinGolden

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi GK ! You are sunshine allready !!! smileAnyway, wish I could help, sky is grey here as well though... frownDon't you have any hall or covered place to practice ? I can spin to most weathers, but not under the rain, that's too much for me... But other than that, I don't intend to burry my toys for the winter so I guess I'll just have to cover myself properly !shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
Know what you mean krispy the English weather is shite. I dont bother spinning when its wet, because it will ruin my poi. You could make some real light poi for use indoors and put them on short strings I find that helps for when you really want to spin but the weather isnt too good. I wrap some para cord round an old pair of socks It's crap but quite effective. Lets face it, the winter will be wet as usual so we need to find the indoor alternative smilephil

C'mon baby light my fire

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Cass - Thanks for a nice comment! smile Unfortunately there is no where convienient to me to practice which is covered!!Beaker- Yea i have spun indoors before, my parents still get pissed though and prefer it outside!SO im gonna have to find an alternative i think!! Its just so annoying!! Keep Smiling grin Golden

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about making some monkeyfist poi with some synthetic rope and a non-absorbant weight inside the knot.I should be able to use these in the rain since none of it will be affected by the water.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I made the synthetic monkeyfist poi last night and they work really well.Since it wasn't raining last night, I got my sister to spray me with the hose while I was spinning them (it didn't take much to persuade her).They absorb very little water and the weight increase is almost nothing.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
apparently, according to our good friend mr fish, we have an Indian summer coming soon.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
www.liquidfire.moonfruit.com

be excellent to each other: safe: