Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

Ivesynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
coo, that sounds wicked . Fed up hitting my light in my room and my flat mate doesnt like me doing indoors ! frown

Catch the moon!

Ivesynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
sorry posted twice didnt think it had gone on all a bit new to this dudes and dudess's!

Catch the moon!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
If you're free Wednesdays you can always come to Brixton workshop - this runs 7-10.

PM me if you wanna come along and I'll send you the details.

See you at Spitz wave

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Ivesynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
yeah cool, see you there and I will ask you about Brixton. clap

Catch the moon!

katl2dnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
hello all
it's my first time at your little get together this tuesday. i'm from nyc so don't make fun of me if you think i spin weird or my socks aren't fancy enough. brodieman has been showing me his flashy poi thingies and i'm confused, i still spin glow sticks if not fire..... oh ::sigh:: us americans are so behind.... rolleyes
well can't wait to me you all

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
hey kat!!

didn't spot you on tue - hope you had fun.

see you around soon honey!!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ps - this is martha by the way!!!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hello all Spitz goers...

just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd say hello as I'm now heading to Spitz most weeks and I'm guessing I see far more HOPpers than I realise, and seeing as you're all lovely poiple (sorry non-poi-spinners;) I thought it'd be nice to put faces to names (and names to names, if you see what I mean)

I plan to be there this coming tuesday (25/1) and thought I'd mention I'm the tall slim (skinny etc :P) blonde haired bloke spinning brown and red poi or aerotech meteors.. come say hello if you spot me pleeeeease smile

see you there,

chutney wave

Aninewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Wow! This thread sure has some history... I am arriving in London tomorrow so might try to come along and at least watch (no toys:() if I'm not completely lost by next week... scarey scarey big cities and all that.

Anyways, maybe meet you guys next week:)

Ani

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Just thought i would post up here that next week's Spitz (that's 15th Feb) will not be on...however we will all be heading to The Poet (the pub we normally go to afterwards) for a few drinks and maybe a renegade. There is some space out in the beer garden for spinning, but i think i'll be inside in the warm drinking beerchug and maybe doing something for the renegade weavesmiley oops maybe a juggle

See y'all there
wave

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
eek WHAT! NOT ON! WHY!????
its the 1st spits i could make in months and its not on!!!! eek

may go to the poet, but its not quite the same frown frown frown

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It's not on because Elle (some kind of strange magazine apparently) has decided that a market that's half knocked down is a fantastic venue for an award ceremony.

Supposedly, jennifer lopez and one or both of the beckhams might be there.

It's been suggested that we go to the poet for some dutch courage, then hand out tomatoes and send a volley or two at j-lo, which I think is a fantastic idea smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

thats really pissed me off i have decided to go to london to go to spitz next week and now i cant go thats [censored] wank

im going to miss seeing loads of people i was looking forwards to seeing now

[censored] twat

Step (el-nombrie)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Come to the pub with us instead, maybe even bring some tomatoes smile

In all seriousness though, I reckon the pub's going to be pretty full of us, it'll still be good, despite the temporary change of venue.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok

ill talk to me escourts and see what they think.....

Step (el-nombrie)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Mech come to Brixton and have a juggle on wednesday!

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats the day ill be working like a biatch on coles machine

plus you would shun me into the ground

im a shite juggler, and a worse spinner thus....its pointless wink

what im going to do is while im working on coles machine, im going to sit him inforont of my dv cam to get a couple of hours footage!

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Odd question slightly offtopic too but is anyone from london driving to falmouth and have room in the car for one?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
"it`s possible"

in the voice of I from withnail and i...

what are the datesconfused is it the last weekend of march?
EDITED_BY: Hexagonic (1108157934)

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yes mate

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry guys and gals, but sophie is not feeling to hot, and so i have had to concel the train tickets to ondon

and i dont have the money to re-book them, thus i wont be down this week

Step (el-nombrie)

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Reminder: Tuesday 15th Feb

Spitalfields Market is currently home to a big fashion show, with spot lights and everything. And so Ewan has been askd to make the messy jugglers and spinners disappear for the night.

Therefore we're all heading down to The Poet - where Ewan has secured the use of thier garden for our use. Bring your drinking money and nibbles!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
please take tomatoes to throw at J-lo and the Beckhams for me.

I would, but i wont be there frown

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Sadly I won't be there tonight spinny friends- I can't afford a night in the pub- might as well spend the evening ebaying my possessions smile

Hope to see some of you at Synergy on Friday smile

Chutney

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
So where is The Poet? Durbs and I are thinking of going up but we don't know where you mean!!! smile . He has asked me to ask for a postcode and whether there is any parking. Thanks smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its the one at folgate street.

i think you can park on that road no probs - if not though, its only a short walk from spitz so wherever durbs normally parks would be fine too.

i won't be there so have some extra fun for me too please smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, if it's the same pub that people go to afterwards, I'll just park where I do normally and we can walk it...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
mmmmm renegade last night

mmmm ubbrollsmile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Arrgh, sorry I missed it- any highlights?

(BTW- what is this Renegade I hear of so much?)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
someone else asked that on another forum recently.

i was here.

ubbangel and lo the renegade hyperlink circle was complete ubbangel

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: ......