Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
an di am going to have to hug easy and everyone of you individually..

if you dont know who i am then PLEASE ask someone who i am and come over and say hi..

theres too many new people for me to come over and introduce myslelf..

i have the really annoying habit of interupting people when they are talking...make myself feel a bit of a tit (shut it smallboy!)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I haven't been to Spitz for about 3 weeks..... but I'm not going to miss next weeks if anyones interested.

Me

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Rumour has it, that it's your birthday Spitz.....and that you'll be very drunk and want the bumps........

Just a rumour though -

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Can I call you a TOSSER on here..ohhh too late me thinks

Bams

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

cheers cam

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,737 posts

Posted:
Tosser?
Would you be implying that I throw big stones about, or that I've masturbated at some point in my life?

I would like to argue with the throwing of big stobes around because that's dangerous and irresponsible.

Mwa - x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
God, i really hate my mum.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
awwwwww

never mind kitten, it'll all be over soon.

seriously though, if there's any help you need with physics, let me know dude.

ewan - i forgot to pay last night as i left early and didn't see ya. will give it to someone that's coming next week

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by THE UNTIED CHINS OF FUR:
God, i really hate my mum.
Ya wouldn't say that if she lived miles away hun.. like mine does..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

2,737 posts

Posted:
Someone else that hasn't met Jons mum.........

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and you only met her ONCE!!

rotflmao

2,737 posts

Posted:
RIGHT...........NOW I'M ****ING ANGRY

click here to join dannypois fan club

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
chill pill anyone?

keep that positive attitude guys. spread the lurve! (its a brand of spreadable chocolate in case you were wondering)

2,737 posts

Posted:
might give Spitz a miss for a few weeks.

If I don't turn up then I'm sorry

Mwa - x

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
any particular reason cam or are you just planning to have a bit of a rest from spinning?

nothing to do with your last post i'd hope...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and mr coleman...where were you last night?

we needed some people down there..

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Did anyone see/find a set of clubs lying around at the end of the night on Tuesday(03/06/03). Two solid red and one solid white in colour (can't remember what make as there about 10yrs old).

If anyone did can you let me know, cos i miss them .

Thanks
Diz

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh honey I'm so sorry but no I didn't see them when I left.

I think Ewan was still there after me, so you might be best off calling him.

Bammy

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yep, Ewan has them.
he was mumbling something about learning to juggle, but I'm sure he'll bring them along next tuesday

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
YAY

Thanks guys, I feel much better knowing there with Ewan.

Diz

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Wow, I found this thread lurking all the way back on page 5!

Non-Https Image Link

I've missed a couple of weeks recently, but it couldn't be helped - I'll be turning up again tomorrow though, and I'll be bringing my new muppetskin poi

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
thanx bov

so

why did this thread die again?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Last night was a wicked night made me realise what I've been missing for the last few weeks.

Uzeall it was like old times again

Bammy

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Yes i like spittalfields, its like a jurassic park, but with fewer gigantic carnivorous reptiles and more twirling.

This week i intended to learn fishtails and funky double staff waistwrap turns. Instead i learned how to do a silly walk while "wobbling" two sticks.

It was good anyway.

Such is the way of the workshop...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I'm worried by the fact that BamBam posts what she does the first week that I don't make it. :-/. Hope it was good last night. I met someone random up by the Albert Memorial and tried to persuade her to start coming to Spitalfields.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Indeed, it's been great the last few weeks - tons of people and lots of new faces. Just a pity I got called back to work for a bit last night, knackered me out by the time I got back!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Yeah the spitz vibe was on the up these last few tuesdays, lots of happy shiny spinny people having spinny fun
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh look Small Girls lost it again

Ohhh have you tried the baloon thingy for you fishnets yet?

Bammy

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
no not yet i have no balloons must get some

didn't mean to post all of those, i only wanted one of the smiling pandas

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Page: ......