Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

DennyHere again gone again
157 posts

Posted:
Spitz is on next week. The only week it's not running is the one in-between Xmas and New Year.

"Talk hard"

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
hey everyone bring some xmass food for the pub after spitz this week...

i will bring olives and mince pies ... yeah
bounce hug bounce2 grouphug beerchug

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I will bring confused something!

And i shall be at the pub afterwards for once!

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
ho ho ho

i shall also bring confused something!

Possibly monkey nuts. Possibly not.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Possibly hugs too wink

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

3,149 posts

Posted:
possibly... ubbangel

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i might dish out some hugs too hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
grouphug all round this tuesday

and i'll see if i can think of something to bring

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: simian

Possibly monkey nuts. Possibly not.

I should certainly hope so, or you'll be talking like you're breathing helium all night wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ahh what a nice night it was last tuesday, glad to see spitz still "got da buzz"

there was cake, and chocolate........i say no more.

hugs to all the loverly people hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ok kiddies, ive finally decide before going back up north and while im still at home in sunny london to go to spitz for the first time i think on the 4th jan? am muchly looking forward to it smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
whos coming tomorrow night?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I am coming tonight, and should be in 1001 from 6ish onwards.

bugger me it's a shock being back at work today frown

see y'all later

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Indeed it is very sucky to be back at work frown frown

But I should be along tonight!

*checks to see he remembered his poi*

Yes I did, woo wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

157 posts

Posted:
I'm still feeling fragile after an extended season of xmas and new year partying. Shan't be along tonight smile

*goes back to staring blankly at code that probably made sense two weeks ago*

"Talk hard"

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Yep I'll be there smile once I've been home to collect me toys wink ahem...I mean Cole wink

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i'll bring cake

for both of us wink wink

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
and tea?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

3,149 posts

Posted:
bring your own tea, you lazy juggler tongue wink

i'm not in an internet cafe with mr weasel
i'm not going to spitz
we will not be in the 1001 from roughly four o clock onwards
and if anyone brings cake we will definitely not be eating any

some or all of the information contained in this post may be inaccurate

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
hope its mostly innacurate biggrin

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Well my first night there was pretty good, sorry i wasnt very friendly, my mate was with me and he didnt know anyone, but then again i didnt know many either, so sorry if i didnt introduce myself, maybe next time, i was the ginger haired guy that spent most of the time spinning a BTB weave which i just learnt biggrin

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well I turned up, but felt really, really rough and fluey and left very early frown

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Good night was had by me last night, learnt a new trick but i won't get technical on y'all.

hey PyroWill nice spinning, i'll try and say hello next time.

Spiralx - are you the guy who was there at the very begining?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Hexagonic - yeah, with the ginger hair. I nodded hello at you when you got there, but I don't think we've ever actually been introduced smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
but i had ginger hair too so dont get confused smile

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Spiralx yeah now i know who you are.
Bloody Poi spinners! hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well if I ever have a Tuesday again when I'm not ill I'll say hello smile

Ivesynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hey there, I wanna head over next Tuesday with a friend to Spitz, been reading the posts and it sounds pretty cool. Plus desperately want to practice some of the poi moves Ive learnt. But cant get there until about 8.30ish, thats not too late is it?????

Catch the moon!

157 posts

Posted:
That'll still give you well over an hour to practise - it finishes just before 10pm. If you want to hang out and chat when it closes up, people usually move into the pub afterwards.

"Talk hard"

Ivesynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Cool cheers, looking forward to it, fed up hitting my light in my room and my flatmate doesnt like me doing it in the flat either frown

Catch the moon!

Page: ......