Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i think that implies that invasions are welcome but they must only be carried out by strangers ubbloco

don't mind me... rolleyes
EDITED_BY: coleman (1077332803)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
gonna be there welcome home weazel and bam bam

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
bams + weasel eek

well i was going anyway, but now i have bells on...

and for the last time, i have no knowledge whatsoever of any form of climate manipulation, be it inadvertant, vertant or otherwise.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Liar.

Anyway..I have given Simian some things to give to you.

They include:

Coleman
Euan
Bammy
Hells
Northern Adam
Smallboy

Be sure to get things from him.

Missing you all!

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
monkey-haa i know you have a evil and devious weather ray gun dont you or or or a devine bannana of weather control, or wait a minute...... your new staff its a cloud control device THATS IT smile

ps
Any chance of any heat for sat, want to set fire to my new stick.... go on monkey... smile smile smile
hug

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
If I was to go a bit mental and drive up with lots of people - is there anywhere to park around there or is it best to drive to a station (Surbiton?) and train it from there?

Oh - Imminent invasion tonight biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i don't normally take a car to spitz but a couple of people do pretty regularly so there must be somewhere that isn't a red route nearby...

hopefully dizzy will see this and let ya know about car putting places before the day is through smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
Yeah, you can park right outside on brushfield street coming off Commercial St.

or you can park here right next to the Poet, where everyone buggers off to after smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Exactly what simian said.... biggrin

However if there are no spaces directly out side Spitz there are usually a few spaces in the side streets of Brushfield St, Crisp St, Gun street etc.

D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
hug weavesmiley biggrin hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Cole..

DId Simon give you the pressie.

well....yours wasnt that much of a pressie, but you know what i mean...

3,149 posts

Posted:
yes, but he didn't realise ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nope...

ubblol

guess again...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
was it a grope?

id like to grope coleman! biggrin

have you eaten that last biccie yet cole?

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
is that a post grope fag cole? ubbangel

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
it was actually my second guess wink

but i'll have that biscuit right now to help quell the afterglow kiss

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
nope biggrin

Jon insisted that i hold a long technical discussion with you in his honour.

actually i think he used the term 'boring', but that's just cause he's got the attention span of an

i thought it would be about poi, but then ended up sitting next to you, dsads and will in the bar. i merely had to drop in a relevant comment somewhere in all the siteswapping gibberish in order to qualify ubbtickled

3,149 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, there was a bag at spitz

black
rucksack
big
there were probably things in it

ewan has it

tongueeace:

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
dont you mean

tongue ease:

wink

3,149 posts

Posted:
oh right... the hippy needs a capital P, or he becomes a cryptic razz confused

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
monkey wheres the sun shine time for the weather controling dance of doom.......

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
hope yall all had fun take care smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It's been a bit quiet in this thread and I was just checking to make sure people were still going to be there if/when I/we turn up tonight...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Yep biggrin

See ya later honey hug

Lisa
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hey everyone just found this thread. what am i doing here? I should be working!! Anyway i will be doing a siteswap workshop tonight if anyone is interested with 3,4, and 5 balls. Grab me if you're interested.

Hex (tall 4-eyed juggler, and very, very occasional poi spinner) weavesmiley

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
this man rocks and although i have completely failed to reply to his pm biggrin

i won't be along tonight but any jugglers looking to find out what accurate throw heights can do for your patterns, go to this workshop.

i probably won't be along tonight will but as a kind of tribute i'll work on 9151 for the next time i see ya smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
that'll be in two weeks - am off in france next week (skiing).

11,1,7,1 is looking good now ubbrollsmile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

why does everyone manage to get themselves to a mountain except me?!!!????! ubbcrying

wink

have a great time in france will - in two weeks i might actually get close to 9151... umm

[the bit of the post where me and will include other people: so this is an 11,1,7,1 a.k.a. 5ball high-low shower. 9151 is the next version down, being the 4ball high-low shower. smile
but if you go to spitz tonight hex here will reveal all... eek]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: ......