Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Would people stop getting blurry after 5 pints of beer please.....you're all making me feel pissed.....

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Cam darling..... remember remember

Bams

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hello you London lot!

Just to say I believe Cassandra was planning to be down at Spitalfields next Tuesday!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Rahhhh looks like I'm going to be at Spitz after all then

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
wish i could...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*BOINGBOINGBOINGBOINGBOING!!!!!*

I commin to london Yay!

and i will be at spits on tuesday all things going well!, take care floks!!!!

*BOINGBOINGBOINGBOINGBOING!!!!!*

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i hear its all going to be rather big and special down spatzilfolds makkit tonight

and ooh look: an interesting guide to the area.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
AH what a lovely time in Spitz yesterday night

Bam Bam much needed and appreciated quality time with you, princess, much more to talk about but we have email and see you hopefully in jan ???

Hells Bells as always and I am excited at our plans for next summer s party

Kat thank you for the warm massage and the wonderfull chat, you are beautiful .

Nix? you sexy beast tis always sooo nice to see you even though I bet you were desperately trying to avoid me coming on my last day in london

Bovril ... YOUR COYOTE ROCKS and see you with the eiffel tower in a few months

Mathew you give fabulous hugs , thank you for your warmth and smiles

Dromepixie lovely chat over a beer see you again for more chats soon

everyone thank you so very much

hoping Small Boy will take care of himself and your shoulder gets better

Shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Cass you're a little darling our time together was very much short but SWEEET (Bit like you ) and much needed

Looks like you'll have two guests in Jan babe hehehehe can't bloody wait.

Bammy

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hee Hee - well done Bam Bam!

Cassandra - fabulous to see you and chat with you princess. BTW my couch comes with a 2 year guarantee, has a face cradle and adjustable wooden legs. It weighs 17kg, W:29" X L:73". supports 2000lb static and 500lb working weight and has 3" small cell foam. I like it lots and only takes a few seconds to put up and away again. You can see tableheremine is 1" smaller and 2kg heavier but thats the only difference I can see.

Have lots of fun on your continuing travels and look forward already to next summers party

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Cass, always wicked to see you again....

Take care and keep smiling -

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
And good to meet Cass for the first time too. Hope the travelling is as fun as it sounds. grrr

So what is this about me "giving good hugs". I'm curious now, as to how they're different to anyone else's.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Go hug Bam Bam, then go hug a stranger.

Then will you see the light.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
If I went and hugged a stranger, I'd probably see stars rather than the light...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Ill be there tonight

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm not going to be around tonight, but I'll be sending Matthew BM on a HUG mission for me

Babe you've gotta hug everyone EVERYONE I tell you.

Hugs and love

Lisa

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I wont be there...

neither will be:

Sunbeam (obviously)
Konsti (Ditto)
DsAds

Wish i could be there though...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
cool an anti-register - you can put me not down for tonight too.

even though i still owe euan 50p from last week

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Speaking of which...

Where is he..

I 'avent seen 'im round these parts for some time now.

Arrrrrrrrr!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Continuing on: I won't be there, I'll be at the workshop in Belfast instead.

However, fingers crossed, in 2 weeks I will be back in London, and gloriously unemployed and able to loiter around London till my heart's content!

3,149 posts

Posted:
What a load of non-attending lightweight excusenik fair-weather absentee sick-noters.

So i'm going, and [N+)x!#~] is going. Anyone else?

Anybody?

Bovril, are you going?

You're not even logged in... You're not actually doing work are you?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
I'll be there monkey, in big big shoes

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

3,149 posts

Posted:

The Return of The Weasel!

(Which is also the title of an underappreciated martial arts film made in 1976 starring Benny Cheoung as a young student of Kung-Fu avenging the death of his Master and his pet Weasel)
(not really. That was in fact a lie.)

The same big shoes as before i wonder, or possibly those fantastic and yet ridiculously expensive clown shoes from oddballs? No, weasel has no money for enormous clown shoes.

Anyway, thats at least three people quite able and possibly willing to throw big metal sticks at each other. And in my book that = a good time.

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
if only weasel did have big big clown shoes then weasel could use them for running away from crime scenes undiscretely

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

3,149 posts

Posted:
but what would Weasel be doing at crime scenes in the first pla...

No, never mind.

Hey! You haven't been a ninja in ages. You don't deserve the honourific of WeaselNINJA. Not like Chad/Alienfox who is an actual real-life (almost) ninja.

i think you should be called The Weasel of Hazardous Experimentation or similar.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Please tick off my name on the "not going to Spitz" register too

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i heard the weasel once drove a bus into a pub in a fit of anger and revenge...

he would have used a themed wine bar as this is the traditional pub's antithesis but he had trouble reversing one out of clapham.

"...they're f*cking clown shoes."
go ben affleck

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by simian:
Hey! You haven't been a ninja in ages. You don't deserve the honourific of WeaselNINJA. Not like Chad/Alienfox who is an actual real-life (almost) ninja.

I think that will make Mr Fox's world to read that!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
He's not a Ninja - he's been to like 5 classes in the past three and a half months & skived a competition!!

i think its all a lie

Anyway the reason I'm here is to say I'll be at spits late today & next week. The week after I'll probably be there all evening and then I won't be there again for many many months

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
if that makes him a ninja, what does my mum being a second dan in the same art make her?!

and that's all fact, not just some random comment ya know...

my mum's well 'ard

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: ......