Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you could see me on msn...if you had the right version..

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Not my fault i have a tiy HD and can't download the new MSN.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nick one.

or make one.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

in true fashion ive decided that i got time for one more play before i leave, therefore I shall see you all again at spitz tonight. That is all.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'll see ya there then dude

*limp*

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Yeah I get to go toninght spinning happy and the joy of new thumb stuff. Doing the happy dance, dance, dance, dance, get funk or DIE muahahahahahahahahahahahah, sorry I'm in a bit of a mood.

Viva UGLY STAFF

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm coming too ohhh and my Mr

Bammy
special guest also coming

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
be there in two weeks

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You guys are truley amazing.

I arrived late and there were LOADS of people..some i had seen, some i hadnt, and some who even waited until i arrived and then went home.

Kat-thank you for the doughnuts. yum yum goddamit!

Euan-thank you once again- you know why.

To everyone I know (who signed the book)--thank you a million times. there are some truley moving bits of nonsense and silliness. I liked those ones especially.

To everyone I know (who didnt sign the book)

To everyone else...hello.

To Glass- you smell more of poo.

Thank you all my friends.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
That was a great spitz, i hadda lot o0f fun, learned some stuff and got real satisfaction from teaching peaple new stuff, Great!

good luck jon, thoes are my teeth marks in your book.

T

-><- Kallisti

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
had much fun see you all next week

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Glad you enjoyed the doughnuts Jon.

Have fun at Uni and don't forgot to wear clean underwear so the smell of wee wee is not so pungent

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Kat thanx you muchly for the mega size nuttella, hmm shoul definatly not left it im the fridge where brothers mothers and das can reach it !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Whoops, hope you at least got a nibble!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've just got back home from spitz, the journey home was pretty informative.
For a start, I learnt that if I miss the last train, then a taxi costs £70!

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
whoops ! that cant be right can it ?

https://www.jemimadonald.co.uk/spitz_17.htm

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
That's very cool, but weirdly ****ed up...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
like me apparently...

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Your links don't work right......but hey

Arse

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Tristanmember
5 posts

Posted:
CAM , Small boy who ever you are dude , sorry the last time I said id turn up I did but erm I wrote your number down wrong or something silly
So I will deffineatly be down there tomorrow at the SPITZ Will be wearing light beige Combats, and erm a leeds festival top?? so if you see me say hi, infact anyone please come and say hi will be carry my thin metal staff and could do with borrowing someone poi on the night so please say HI god dam it

--------------------sex and fire sometimes its a choicesometimes i get too hot

Tristanmember
5 posts

Posted:
CAM , Small boy who ever you are dude , sorry the last time I said id turn up I did but erm I wrote your number down wrong or something silly
So I will deffineatly be down there tomorrow at the SPITZ Will be wearing light beige Combats, and erm a leeds festival top?? so if you see me say hi, infact anyone please come and say hi will be carry my thin metal staff and could do with borrowing someone poi on the night so please say HI god dam it

Tristan

--------------------sex and fire sometimes its a choicesometimes i get too hot

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
morning.

just thought i'd pop in

see ya the morra

R

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I've failed to make any more fudge, sorry.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
missed you all last night

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Not as much as we missed you honey

Snuggles soon

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep. there i was expecting to be colemanned... and he even failed to tell me his phone was not working.

*sulk*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Im comming this week, it would be great if someone could spare me a floor afterwards as otherwise i gotta get out to chorlywood wich could cut back my enjoyment somewhat...

Hope to see y'all there,

Tom

-><- Kallisti

Page: ......