Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Well I didn't see one last night..

Maybe this would help..

spare goatees

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
It's O.K. Simon I'll let u win this one, dont really want to have to show up your facial hair (it has feelings u know!). And particularly as Hel's pointed out I is beardless at the moment! I do however accept your challenge of a duel in the future once our goatee's are long enough to pull to a long point and set in place with araldite, to use as swords.

Har Har Stix, I want a Bin Laden beard plz.

Ads

Is that magnets!?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
I have to get me a one of these:

Non-Https Image Link

Now that's luxuriant.

*notes that he's developing a habit of starting new pages in the spitz thread featuring ambiguous replies to now invisible questions*

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
thats shit..

borats is much better.

the bloke in the pic looks a total bellend..

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I personally like the female looking dummy heads with full beards

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well I'm glad we got that sorted out... kind of odd to read yourself being described though, lol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Do you know who i am tho?

3,149 posts

Posted:

i did actually laugh at loud at the idea of someone that goes to spitz not being able to work out who you were

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
piss off smart ass.

3,149 posts

Posted:
I'm not a smart ass

well, maybe i am a little bit...

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by THE UNTIED CHINS OF FUR:
Do you know who i am tho?
Yes, yes I do

Incidentally, I have actually told you before that I was spiralx on this board.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh....ok ..

3,149 posts

Posted:
told you

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by THE UNTIED CHINS OF FUR:
piss off smart ass.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
roll on tuesday - when i see you all i'll be in the process of forgetting calculus existed (in a very boring non-toxic manner)

maybe i could bring om ping toddle teeeahhhbollocks katie actually she has to be thinking about biology - cells and whatnot

well back to the books - hop has taken way too much time

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
i'll be there too hopefully, see you there maybe maybe not possibbly maybe its a possiblility

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i wont be there unfortunatly..got exams...need to work for the first time in my life..

oh well..

should be down sporadically between now and a few weeks time.

and after june the 26th (my last exam (hopefully ever in my life and im praying but nothing is happening)) its only 4 days before my birthday, i will be down for ever more.....which is nice..

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
When's your birthday then? My maths has never been good- but 26 plus 4 is the 30th of June.. is that right.. coz if so I'm a day and several years older than you! we could have a joint jelly and icecream party!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
well..im my old school

there was one girl who hadf a birthday on th 26th, one person on the 27th, boy on the 28th, girl on the 29th, mine on the 30th, and other boy's on the 1st ofg july..then my dads..

so yeh..my birfday is on the 30th of june.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I won't be along tonight after all. Have fun

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
well im sure they will miss you wayyyy more than me..

you are female...

im just the really small, young annoying one, who never spins and just gets in everyones way and acts like a dick.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Is this self-berating to do with the 40 year old minger turning you down?

I'll miss you hun - and I won't even be there

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
sssssshhhhhhhh,.....no one except jez knows... (thankfully cos simon and bovril hadnt joined us)

now keep that quiet...

i dont remeber it so it never happened.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well I'm going, hopefully it'll be a little fuller this week!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt bet on it..

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Fantastic advertising for the night lads.

Page 2 peh.........

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i hadnt finished..

but then again i am very very silly and as i always say..

loads of people always turn up to spittalfields and we all get along great and have many laughs and it is much fun so it is..

(phew)

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Had a great session last night - quiet again but I managed to pick up more than I have in months

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
guys...i really miss each and everyone of you at the moment..

cant wait to come back down and see you all.

take it easy my friends.

jon.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Yeah it'll be good when exams and stuff are over and everyone's back

Page: ......