Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Fine... somebody tell her. But it's not my fault if she actually shows up.

If only it was written in the first post of this thread or something... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
be kind to meg mog nyc
only her bosoms were blessed with the artificial inteliigence of which she speaks
smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'm not even gonna try and work out what you lot are on about, but to put meg out her misery:

you wanna go to Liverpool St. station and go out the side with the steps on (west?). ask someone for spitalfields market and it'll be easy to find. it's near the big white church. smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hee hee... hey, you know I've only said good stuff behind Ms. Meg's back. hug But can you imagine the horror if superstar MCP actually got an ego? It would be of apocalyptic proportions.

See you at EJC Meg. And if you're good you can even catch a kip on the green rug. [oh you'll see] eek

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i can't come this week cos i've got work... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i cant get there tonight, spending the night with my lady as she wont see me for a month, will come and play post oz ok?
hug

sorry guys!

Step (el-nombrie)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
frown Nooooooooooo

I'll still be there though biggrin with bells on ubbrollsmile

Lisa
x

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
I haven't been for ages! frown And I can't go tonight either! frown And I have to not spin for a while cos I've got really bad RSI! ubbcrying

*sulks*

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'll be there for a little while too but leaving early again i reckon.

hug ya some other time stepmechus.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Is Dom coming tonight or is at EJC?

If so, I would have some poi as he should have a spangly-new pair of poi for me biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Oi Mr, I've already told you...have poi can lend biggrin

Dom left on Sunday honey juggle

Lisa
x

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
he is in carvin i'm afraid.

with his sugarpum... wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello spitz people wavehello

Is it every Tuesday that you guys meet up? I wanna come down to London villiage some point during the first two weeks of August and have a play with yoos biggrin weavesmiley

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhh, darn it - Will have to wait for coneys frown

**wanders off in a sulk as has been toyless for nearly 2 weeks now**

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well, i have an idea: find a long pair of socks...

you know the rest wink

bug - toosdays it is.
come on down and get your play on biggrin

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cole - All my longs sock - all 7 pairs!! - are in the same bag frown
As are my Aerotechs, staffs, CJ balls, rope dart, flags, astrojax, Beamers, tails....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
An old Samoan once said

"never put all your toys in one bag"

and also

"don't count your toys until they've hatched"

umm

OK I'm gonna try and aim for August 10th just after Falmouth. Its a few hours drive away so would anyone be able to offer me a couch to sleep on or summink so I don't have to drive all night to get home? smile I'd be very grateful and can share smiles and hugs with whoever is generous enough to offer hug

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*wanders off muttering about poncey Samoans thinking-they're-so-smart** wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
mr bug ur most welcome to my couch

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
bounce cool biggrin Cheers Ben hug

if you're on here why aren't you answering your phone huh?!?! spank

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
cos my phone is poo and doesnt ring loud enough to be able to hear when im in a net cafe and its at home angel2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hug see you again soon i hope ben?

ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
if ur at spitz tonight yeah, i arrived early to meet mech then he became a punk so im sitting at a net cafe near spitz

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yep - i'll will be over with the beautiful princess bambam in less than an hour smile

see ya soon hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

cos my phone is poo and doesnt ring loud enough to be able to hear when im in a net cafe and its at home angel2

ok. But turn it up next time wink

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Attention all Londoners!!!

This TUESDAY should be a very special Spitz since there will be quite a few post-EJC travelers hitting up Spitz on the way out of France. Rumors of Mop Headed Scotish Staffers and even New York Yankees appearing. And something about Red Headed Brits with Flaming Blue Beverages interested in Experimental Sexual Position Workshops.

So if you're undecided about going... get your butt to Spits THIS TUESDAY!!!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
im coming smile smile (nothing to do with the flaming sexual position thingey i assure you eek)
and its my 23 birthday too smile on tuesday

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
argh bournemouth spin or spitz?

passing through, this world still lives.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
spitz wink. i'm coming too...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ding ding ding.

Me too.

Will there be a scot mop in london?

oooh..

and a New Yanker?

Wooooeeeeeee!

Page: ......