AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Heyla,I'm new to this forum, so I figured an introduction was a good place to start.I am Ashia BlackHawk. I belong to a group called the HFS, more specifically the San Antonio Texas chapter. Several other HFSers have started doing Poi, and as a result my mom and I have gotten into it. Any suggestions for begginers?Flames and Pyre,Burn Ever Higher.Ashia BlackHawk

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Hello!I'm also a relative newbie here..all I can suggest is to do it all the time, because it's so fun, and it will only increase your skill level, which makes it even more fun!

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hello,I wouldn't call myself a newbie but I am fairly new.anyway welcome to the world of Poi. All I can say is keep practising, you can never get tired of it.good luck.F_S

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Welcome, I am a super newbie too.I am going to the park everynight for an hour or two and practicing with my friend. Unfortunately she gets tired after 5 minutes and ends up sitting and watching me! haha.. practice, and trade tricks with people when you find them. I also bring them to every rave or festival I can, there are always loads of spinners there with different skill levels.------------------DTKB :}

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I've found this site to have good instructional information. Also just watch other spinners. I've found most to be quite friendly and helpfull (they probably like to watch people spin as much as I do).All it takes is practice and hard work.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board smilePractice, practice, practiceshare , share , sharedance, dance, dance oh, and SMILE, I always tend to put this serious concentrated face winkshine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
welcome to all...its awesome to see so many new people. We have many members here that are jammed packed full of helpful tips and tricks to get you on your way.The moves forum always has some new sick movepost going. And everyone here is great. (with the exception of Pele, shes a tease wink grinim always more than willing to help. drop me an email, and i will help as much as i can."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
The more the merrier!It gives a wonderful chance to create new ideas, too. smile I'm a newb too, waiting for a chance away from the chains of schoolwork, so I can get OUT to dance dance!![This message has been edited by MystikDancer (edited 05 September 2001).]

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I'm newbie here and to Poi. I started about a month ago, but i use meteors instead of two separate strings. Never knew so many people were new here.------------------I'm a FF fan. So what?Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~