Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
Hey does anyone know of any gatherings in or near seattle around the 4th of july? Im going to be there from the 4-10 and would love to meet up with some people from this board. Can anyone help me??

-= Kender =-

-------------
Everything seems nicely planned out...- Crash Test Dummies

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
i was just going to post a similar message. i too am going out there from june 30 to july 8 and would like to hook up with some other people. i have only seen poi once (as i live in the northern most area of Michigan - "da U.P.") i've been teaching myself from this and other sites and i would very much like to see it done for me and get some much needed help. if you are interested, give me a shout and we can twirl

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
You're welcome to catch up with us, if you can.

We do poi classes on Monday nights in Seattle.

www.cabiri.org is our site, or email me at charly@cabiri.org to hook up.

It would be fun to meet some out of towners.

Charly
The Cabiri

Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
Hey! I hope to meet the two of you while Im there. I plan on going to the 4th of july celebration going on at Lake Union ( at least I think thats where its at). Im hoping that there will be some spinners there. If anyone else knows of something going on, please let me know.

-= Kender =-

------------
So be it.

[ 23 June 2002, 15:56: Message edited by: Kender ]

ArseNiCBRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
I know that phoenix festival is going on and going to be a few hours south of seattle in oregon its from the 3rd to the 8th I think...the web site is www.phoenixfest.com

Kyromember
24 posts

Posted:
https://www.phoenixfest.com/news.html

Phoenix Fest is from July 3 - 7.

Freestyle fire performing will not be permitted.

A large group of fire perfomers have been rehearsing and working to finish the three nights of choreographed fire/black light performance. Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be the only nights that controlled fire performance will be permitted.

Read the site for the why's and howfores.

I believe this is the last year of the Phoenix Fest - last year was a lot of fun. I'll be performing the night of DEATH, friday eve.

Oh, I'm originally from Stockton. Graduated from edison high, then UOP, School of Engr. Glad to know fire has hit my home town.

Cheers.

From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations,man has had to manufacture things;his well-being depends on his success at production.The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. Ayn Rand

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Kender, if I end up at Lake Union, are you going to be spinning? Lemme know and I'll look for fire. Spin on.

Cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...