Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Helloooooo

hmmm... so Paris is going to be crazy exciting on June 21st because it's Music Day, so everyone plays music in the streets : from classical tunes to Techhno, traditional flamenco, arabic music, pop and whatnot. It is really a lovely day(provided it does not rain). If anyone had a plan to come to Paris, I highly recommend that time.

And while we're at it... why not organize a Poi In the P... eeer ... sorry I meant a Poi In Paris ?

Also, Do thnk about that famous song "I love Paris in the Summer" ...

NYC who'll be in Paris soon and myself will be more than happy to meet and spin with anyone coming through Paris this summer and do lots of little PIParis

So what do you say ????

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
That does sound ace Cass but I will be celebrating Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, Next year maybe...

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I love New York in June.. and Paris in the summer. Wow, my life is a song!

Yes, do play with us as I will be doing a whole lot of nothing while Cassandra's at work... er.. I mean I'll be cleaning and getting dinner ready.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I'd love to come and spin in Paris with you guys, unfortunately, I gave my word to someone that I'd be spinning at stonehenge this year, so It'll have to be next time

4,224 posts

Posted:
Wikkama, Spiral, The summer is long and full of great opportunities to visit Paris, sweet ones

really hope to see you here some day

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Damn... I will miss this opportunity to spin with you guys in my home town....

I will be in London on June 24 though, if anyone wants to meet up there.

Nomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
Nomad's coming to Europe ?????, WOW
coming to Paris after London, sweetie ??? that'd be soooo cool

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
i'm on a flying visit through paris next weekend.

unfortunately i doubt ill be able to do much poi in paris , because it's a school thingy, and i think Mdme Lepietz has packed every morning afternoon and evening with a theatre or museum.
not that i'm not looking froward to that

anyhow, i'll try to find out the scheduel in case theres any poi time...

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mr Tempest would be really interested I think. Perhaps you should try asking him.....

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Er... Cass, upon rereading your post I just wanted to let all know that Poi in Paris Wouldn't be on the 21st. As I won't be there yet.

But rather, Cassandra was suggesting two separate events. To be announced Poi in Paris dates as well as the 21st being a cool weekend to be in Paris... without me.

So don't rule out dates because it's not the 21st... because, as it states later, we'll be glad to make lots of little park/poi dates as people pass through...

Just clarifying for those who only read the first two words of every sentence.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
totally off topic but i couldn't resist, i know i'm a brat

Pwaaa en pareee! teehee! that's french for party

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Cantus, thanks for the info, I just sent a PM to Tempest, hope he can make it to Paris

Amy K, sorry to hear you're in Paris next week end cause I'll be in Barcelona !!! WOuld have loved to meet you. Hopefully some other time ?

Arashi .... eeer... what is it exactly you were trying to say ?

NYC, getting dinner ready ??? awwww, you're such a wonderful sweet heart ..; or are you just saying that online to "look cool" and then i'll end up doing all the cooking ?

And he's right everyone, Paris is open to anyone for the whole summer, so think about it

Shine on
Cassandra

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm there!

It's a really, really exclusive gathering on the 21st!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
The job hunt didn't go very well at all today so unfortunately I won't be coming cause havok on the other side of the channel after all. booooo.
(unless a money tree appears in my garden this week, fingers crossed)
But hopefully I'll take you up on your lovely offer Cass and come and visit later on in the summer.

hugs xx

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
do you know wen this PiParis is going to be as im kinda still at school untill i belive july the 17 (or there abouts)...maybe an overnight stay thingy at a youth hostel? we could all get the ferry or the eurostar over!! oh it will be just like going on holiday with all your best mates!...we can stay up late and tell secrets, and giggle really wildly..and maybe if your up for it..a midnight feast!! oh what fun it shall be! wahoo!!

-----------------
I smell funny

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

4,224 posts

Posted:
Yep !!! apparently the 21st will be Dom, kali and I ... and hopefully some French spinners ? Buit as they say ... it is quality, not quantity that matter and I can tell you Kali and DOm are TOP QUALITY

Noonaboonawhynotcomma ? next time, sweetie, next time...
So Anyway ... you all think about it, think hard, but don't hesitate too much :
why not ... say July13/14 ???

anybody ? DFQ ? PK ? Kato ? Carrey ? Bam Bam ? Spiral ? United chains (if you don't smell too much )? cantus ? Ros ? Amy K ? Wikkaman ? Tempest ? Mum ? Dad ?

smooches and hugs and smiles
shine on
Cassandra

[ 11 June 2002, 00:27: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
So, it's going to be me, a beautiful French girl, and a beautiful Californian girl, together in a flat, in Paris, for 3 days.

There's a song that comes to mind, something along the lines of "I'm in heaven"....

How about last weekend in July, as that gives people more time to sort out getting there? Or are your folks back then?

4,224 posts

Posted:
last week of July ? i'll be in Greece, baby... BUT !!!!
We could do it on July 20/21st which would be just before my birthday ... and a hug fomr some of the most beautiful people I know would be the most wonderful present !!!!

what do you say ?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Have fun at your "last weekend without NYC" party...

And *WE* will be in Greece.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
id like to come if thats OK, but I might drive over if people want a lift (provided we can share petrol costs...)
can you send me an email and let me know what the plans are, as I dont get on the site much at the minuite... things are mental at work... ...perhaps noona could come to leicester and help me out with some of it?... ...how are you with hydraulics?!

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
amy k cannot go to paris on the 20th weekend.
she could maybe make the 13th if she could take a seed from noona's money tree and grow it very very quickly...

don't make your dates around me. i guess i'll stick to summer spinning in london...

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Sorry Cass, I would love to come but alas I cannot, I am going to get Pagan at summer solstice at Stonehenge, it's a pain in the ass that Music Day is the 21st because so is The Solstice, every year!
I have an idea though, Can you ask the French government to change the date so a friend of yours from across the Channel can check it out?
But seriously though I am planning to do some European travelling at some point.

[ 16 June 2002, 04:20: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

4,224 posts

Posted:
Catboy, you're welcome of course . Will email you on modnday. need to sleep for now !!! 'tis 4 in the morning goddamnit and i'm slightly drunk from the wedding of my best friend tonight

oops

shine on, more when more sober !!!

cass

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'm all single and skint right now, dont even know where my rent money is coming from......
i so wish i was going to paris

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Big hugs for PK

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Sorry Cass, I've already planned to go to Dublin this weekend with Ewan - as a romantic weekender/birthday get-away...

We should have come to Paris, except the flights cost us £40 return, which I just couldn't miss out on!!

Have fun though!
Carrey
XXX

4,224 posts

Posted:
PK ... :hugs:: will miss you terribly this week end, but sure hope to see you around soon, beautiful one

carrey, Ewan, noona, you guys are always welcome so hopefully some other time

catboy, did you get my email ?

shine on
Cassandra

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
no... didnt get it yet, might just be me e-mail playing up!...

benjamin.hanks@virgin.net

try again!!!...

b:)

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Hey did you guys have a good time at the weekend?

love noona

4,224 posts

Posted:
Noonaboona my sweet fairy ... SOooo wish you'd been with us !!!! We really had a splendid time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean I had a great time, but Dom and Kali can speak for themselves and two otehr friends joined (Genevieve and her friend, she actually a friend of Davy's from Toronto) and two of my ftiends from france joined on the last evening

it was happy, silly, fun and full of spinning and hugging

wonderful time

YOU GOTTA COME DARLING !!! and so do PK, SPikeyrich, Kato, Orange, Bam Bam, Knoxious, Carrey, Ewan, Cantus, Ros ... preferably maybe not all at the same time or you won't fit in my home

Next feasible date : july 12th - 15th ... anyone ?

shine on
Cassandra

shine on
Cass

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Wow, I had no idea this thread existed! Its good to be talked about in such a nice way when you have no idea its happening. Goodness gracious, Im blushing all over!

You know Cass, I may be persuaded to swing back through Paris for another session on my may over to London. Especially if theres crepes involved.

Let me know the dates when you decide them and Ill try to magically appear before your very eyes.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Page: