3,009 posts

Posted:
Reclaim the Beach 8
Friday May 31st
8.30pm (lowtide is at 11.30pm)
Royal Festival Hall Beach
Sounds by Nasca + some.
Visuals to make your eyes water.
Bring : things to drink, eat, roast on the fire, friends, sound and light to shine.

This is a really nice event and a really beautiful place to spin, with the water laping by you and a backdrop of city lights. So go spin there, and it's completely free!

Unfortunately I can't go as I'll be dancing to DJ Hell and Fischerspooner down the road. But that'll be fun too!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
What time does it all kick off then?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
9pm honey

PM on way to you...

Bammers

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
I think that i'll go too, oh yea i think that it is going to be a bit cold!

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
hey peeps

get to come and play tomorrow night, poor yous!

may need a few hugz tho as my uncle passed away wednesday and the funeral is tomorrow morning. he really was one of the most wonderful, gentle men ive meet. ive a lot of good memories and i know he would like us all to be happy, so tomorrow will be a bit bittersweet.

jez, would it still be ok to crash at yours? if so dont be too perturbed by any foodbags brought, its pessach so im on an all kosher-matza eating week.

jon (UCOF), are you still going tommorow? if u are can i still travel up with you? will give you a call bout 2 once back from my aunts after the funeral.

hugs and fluff
lolli xx x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
for Lolli

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Woop :-)
Good to see you all, it's been too long since we had a proper gathering.

https://wood2.woodyland.org/pics/parties/2003/reclaim_the_beach-london-20030420/page.html

Sorry I didn't get to jib with most of you, too many people and too little time :-( Most 'interesting' journey home I have had for a long time though. Adventures included clipping a deer on the M1 whilst doing about 85mph. Quite a mad swerve around it in lane 1 not helped by it running into the drivers side rear wheel, producing a bit of extra swerving.....

Just as we had produced a joint after the deer experience we had a police near miss, in that they pulled the vehicle infront of us (both us and him where doing 90mph-ish at the time). Dunno why the decided to bust the other car and not us, but I am most happy about their decision :-D

Got back to the office at about 4:00am, started work at 7:30am, got up at 11:30am. There are days when I really like my job ;-)

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Nice pics Woody - cheers for the play with your quad wick poi too, they were really, really nice

I had a great time last night, it's just a shame it was soured by some bastard nicking my bag, dumping the contents all over the floor and then pissing on them
At least I got everything back, with the rather bizarre exception of some socks I'd already worn

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
That sucks about your bag dude! I always seem to end up with my stuff in at least a couple of places at these beach parties! will have to try and keep all our stuff more together next time.

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
twas ok a good place to spin but i guess i was expecting a rave instead it was a gathering it was good but as it finished early it was a shitter to get home from

weather wasn't too bad either

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've just looked through all my stuff properly and worked out what I had in the bag to start with and I'm actually missing a few more things:

3 juggling balls
1 tailed poi
1 long sock type poi thing
1 hockey ball I use to practise contact juggling
A handful of dice
My passport - I'd forgotten it was still in there since I used the bag when I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago.

My nice heavy practise poi have been ripped slightly too, so I'm going to have to repair them

I think only my electroglo poi came off unscathed.

At least I got the glow in the dark zombies back though

Next time I turn up there, I'll bring my staff (which shall now be known as 'The Whomping Stick'), and woe betide anyone who tries to steal my stuff again

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
quote:
3 juggling balls
1 tailed poi
1 long sock type poi thing
1 hockey ball I use to practise contact juggling
A handful of dice
My passport - I'd forgotten it was still in there since I used the bag when I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago.
Opps. Loss of passport is a bit sketchy, though I come clean. It was me, I am taking over your life, soon your house/job/car/money will all be mine... muhah-haha-hahahahahah

Some girl did try and sell me 3 clubs for £3. I tried to find out why she had 3 reasonable looking clubs (I can't juggle clubs, so dunno if they were any good) and was prepared to sell them for £3 for 'some beer'. They were red, blue and green with a couple of strips of silver tape around them, in case anyone is missing :-( Unfortunatly I didn't buy, for £3 I should have just in case she had 'lifted' them from one of us!
Deffo need to keep all our shit together next time!

Glad you enjoyed the quad wicks anyway Bovril, currently my favorite poi, still a lot of work though.... How is UCOF's head after that slight inpact with my quad wicks?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Hehheh 'slight impact' 'quad wicks'

Jon seemed normal afterwards. Although thats actually quite worrying. Maybe he's broken?

for bovril. At least you still have somewhere in the region of 85 glow in the dark zombies (accurate zombie census still to be undertaken )
And the morons still couldn't stop you having a good time.

and a very good time it was. ooh i'm coming over all just thinking about it. Extra hugz to everyone that made it and everyone that didn't. Oh thats everyone.

Well yeah, hugz to everyone, and why not?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yes it was a good night!

I still can't believe i done those catchy thingy move.

to all

Can't wait for the next one

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Had a great night down there, sooo glad the weather held up all night - I was honestly expecting it to be freezing cold and raining! Got to spin lots of fire for the first time in absolutely ages and had a play on lots of different toys

woody - were you the guy with the hat on? If so, some lovely spinning

"Moo," said the happy cow.

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Thanks Spiralx hat geezer was probably me :-) as long as it looked like a battered old bush hat..
It's non ideal for a poi hat as the brim get in the way, but looking after another hat would be difficult. Particually when people throw it across the beach while you are spinning eh Bambam ;-) and I was just about to pull off a putting-hat-back-on-head-while-doing-one-handed-butterfly
trick...

Forgot to bring any steel wool or charcoal this time :-( but it's not like there was a lot of room on the beach this time.

Need to have a poi in the park soon guys, thinking up new tricks to learn is just a lot of effort....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
once again woody, you manage to get no pics of me whatsoever..

argh!!
are you coming to the hemp rally/ summer spinning on saturady/ sunday?

get some pics of me then!!

Page: