SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
The Starwood Festival
July 23-28, 2002
Brushwood Folklore Center - Sherman, NY

Imagine a vacation in another realm, where many realities meet. A place where Scientists sit with Shamans and Druids dance with Deadheads. Where African drums jam with bluegrass fiddles, and Celtic harps combine with psychedelic synthesizers. Where political activism meets Earth spirituality, where theatre and life meld, where days are spent in exploration of inner and outer space, and nights blaze with laser lights and bonfire flames.

Now in its second decade, this six-day camping event is the high point of Summer for hundreds of people. Over 120 workshops, plus performances, 15 concerts, films, merchants, and the biggest bonfire you've ever seen! The reasonable price, fine camping facilities, and private site (with a pool and hot tub), complete the formula for an unforgettable outdoor experience that will inspire and activate you for months afterward.

For more information Go here ...
https://www.rosencomet.com/starwood/index.html

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
my friend and i are discussing going but it is alot of money, and alot of unannounced costs. however this year seems like it will have some of the best workshops ever.....decisions, decisions....

it follows a week of performances and I have one on the 27th so I thought it would be a good retreat, but I don't know if it is really plausible yet. The flyer looked good though, and the winter one for 2003 looks fun as well!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Well this year me and my friends are going to the festivle before starwood. It's called Sirus rising. It's much cheaper than starwood (read: not run by ACE) all you have to pay for is camping fee.
The diferace between sirius and starwood is sirius is the people that used to go to starwood but got sick of the huge crowd. It's a much more adult crowd. It runs July 15-22.

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.