Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London - Summer Spinnin' - Now Every Sunday!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Summer Spinnin'
Sunday chillin and spinnin in the sunshine
Every Sunday
Clapham Common

4pm until afterdark
Contact number for Dom: 07971 698454

After the beautiful success of PiP5 we're delighted to help keep the energy flowing through into the future. With regular events we hope more people can benefit from gatherings of kindred spirits. PiP has returned home to the North where they spin come rain or snow or shine! So, please welcome - Summer Spinnin'

If your can please bring your friends for chatting, toys for playing, blankets for sitting, cakes for eating, something for music & beats, and fire! These days are what you make of them, so bring what you expect to find.

Where exactly? Just a few paces west of the bandstand at the centre of the common is a lovely area where curvy ground, trees and bushes will shelter you from the rest of the world while letting you have enough room to play. Here's a map. Nearest tube is Clapham Common, and Clapham Junction train station is only a short stroll away.

Why Clapham Common? Because lots of people live nearby Also it's near central London, is very easy to get to, isn't too big to get lost in, has a lovely area for us, and it isn't a proper park, so the rules are not so strict.

Wasn't this every fortnight? Yes, it was, but this is proving popular and I'm hoping that as a weekly event people who were busy on the previous dates will be able to attend. This is also now the only organised, late night fire spinning session in London.

Why Sunday? Because on Saturday people tend to be busier. What's better than finishing a weekend off by relaxing in the park!

For more information email myself or Glass, depending upon whether you prefer blondes or brunnettes

There are also plans and ideas for a larger event of the summer, but you'll have to wait to see what becomes of that.

Sunshine and smiles to all
Dom

---------
Summer spinnin' had me a blast.
Summer spinnin' happened so fast.
Summer days spinnin' away to those summer nights....

[ 06 August 2002, 03:49: Message edited by: Dom ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oooooo great name great idea great fun

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
brunnettes any day and does glass have breasts too? i wonder!..
hope your not a sore looser dom?.. hehe
like yeah have fun and how much i would love to be there for all these fab events.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ros, the name allows we to go all Grease Lightning themed (and use my new Grease font on the flyers)!

PK, I can take it. Prefer brunnettes myself, blondes are so fickle and dappy, but they do have more fun! So I'm told... Send down a life size cardboard cutout and we'll include you in the next group photo.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Don't know whether you know (or care) but August the 4th is LUGUNADHSA - pagan festival. Quite like Beltane....but not, if you get what I mean. May be an ideal date to arrange a MASSIVE EXTRA SPECIAL GATHERING??!!! Just thought I'd suggest....

mwa!
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Davethehat2002member
10 posts

Posted:
We (my girlfriend) and myself really hope to get along to one or more of these events... missed the PIP5 saturday so we really want to get there. A couple of our friends attended though! and said how amazing it was. . Sunday (the day after PiP5 we had our own mini poi gathering outside The Sunrooms (next door in the car park) , Southend-on-sea Essex,with two sets of fire poi and numerous practise poi which was really cool. Some hairy moments for some of us less experienced fire poi users !! Really good way to learn new moves. We had someone taking still photos and someone videoing the display too ! If I manage to get some of the photos I'll post them up !! Any of you nearby are welcome to contact us and come down to sunny(scummy) Southend next time we have a poi session there.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sigh it was pip6... tomorrow is pip7

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh PK did you just write that with a frown on your face?

Looking forward to seeing you all again tomorrow

Bam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Think there would be a very good response to a publicised event. Lunasa might indeed be a good time indeed to organise a special event. In the meantime I look forward to seeing you peeps on June 2nd. And its Jubilee weekend! So lets hope for sun.

Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I will definitley be there on the 2nd june as I will want to escape the madness of central london.

This time I will be less shy and willing to meet as many new people as I possibly can!!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
So happy its a regular now i will be there providing the amusement of a frustrated poi begginer hitting myself all the time.... I hope it doesnt cause brain damage, although i think its damaged already.....

Well I will see u all on the second!!!!! Take care ppl and until then let the peace in your minds and hearts expand till we cover the whole world in good loving vibes!!!!

Love to all, the pixie born in the drome.... Ciao

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Me again...

I just remembered... I am going to the Solaluna festival in Greece.. I will be taking my poi and fire poi (hopefuly staff if i have one by then)
and spinning to the beat of an Infected live set at the foot of Mt Olympus... Skotina Pieras, Greece... Check it out it would be a great summer holiday if u are looking for one https://www.solalunafestival.com

Until then be good and take care keep the energy flowing from the depths of your souls....
Mucho amor y felicidad para todos!!!! (spanish)

the pixie who is confused about why there is no drome....

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I really want to get into London on a few of the spinning Sundays, but can anyone tell me how good the trains are at getting out of London on a Sunday evening?
I really don't want to get stuck in London and have to figure out a (probably very expensive) way of getting to work on Monday morning

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
you need to phone 08457 48 49 50 for rail info
(or maybe swop the numbers around a few times, add some, take some away....but something like that)
I think you go to Marlybone... have to then take bakerloo line to Charing cross and Northern line down.. (020 72221234 for what times the last tube)

hope this helps pixie grin

[ 26 May 2002, 02:02: Message edited by: amy k ]

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Train timetable website

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Fantastic, thanks for the info, to get home at a reasonable hour, I'll have to leave the common at about 9.
I'll probably try to get to the common on the 16th, getting in at marylebone, then down to elephant and castle on the bakerloo line and onto the northern line - That's more or less how I got to PIP so I should be able to manage again.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
woopie,
At summer spinning number one on june 2nd.
I'm going to do a free one hour poi lesson. starting at 4pm
Like the ones we used to do at the drome.
I've got some groovy ideas for it so it'll be a good un. Its about circles.

You don't need to be good to take part.
As long as you can do 3 beat weave and reverse you'll be fine.
In fact if your a complete beginner you'll be fine too, just might take you a bit longer to get em.
If you're a bit more experienced, then join in too, cos, I tend to do unusual stuff, and will have some variations to keep you busy.

don't forget to smile
lots of gloves
Drew

PS. I'm going offline and not HOPing for a while. You all be good while I'm gone, back in a month. but will try to drop a bit in in the meantime.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
https://wjd.juggle.org/

World Juggling Day June 15th this year. I registered us peeps for the 16th.

So June 16th is officially a celebration of poi

Hurrah!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hope to see you guys on sunday all being well.

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Can I come peas?

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
yey! is 2nd june defintly on?????
i can stay for this one teehee
do all us scardy people still have to wear name tags with marmite preference? (after the wise durbs influence)

could some onehelp me with me btb butterfly coz i know im going to get to scardy to ask then
luv you all and fluffyness
lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

478 posts

Posted:
err what times everone getting there for? and is anyone travelling from north londony type place?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sunday 2nd June
Weather Forecast: 25 degrees, pure sunshine
Definitely on! Bring the sun tan lotion! Bring lots of liquid so you don't dehydrate
Lesson by Glass at 4pm (indeed a great event)
I'll be happy to help people out with moves, and so will most people I guess, so just ask each other chaps!
As the weather will be so lovely people will probably get there nice and early. I'm going to try to get there early, but will probably still be in the post-clubbing relaxation stage!
Everyone please say hello to each other! Treasure every meeting for it will never recur.

[ 30 May 2002, 09:55: Message edited by: Dom ]

Odissimember
14 posts

Posted:
Lolli - eeek I'm going from a north londony type area - ummm north london mainly.. (barnet finchley)
Sorry, I am v. tired, not much sense am making (also just saw star wars).

EMILY xx

Squeak, moo.And what IS so funny about peace love and understanding??

478 posts

Posted:
hey odissi,
ohhhh how was starwars??
you made perfect sense sweety (though my recognision of sense isnt very reliable )

im going from wembley so if you can/ want to meet at some half way point for travel let me know

hugs and fluff
lolli x x

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
boing bounce bump
Woopie
hip hop yepiee
Sunshine and everything

Drew

Odissimember
14 posts

Posted:
Umm Lolli Wembley umm (I'm guessing you are going on the bakerlooline),SO if we timed it perfectly right... I could jump on the train at Oxford circus, and by a fantastic coincidence you will be in the same carriage thing, where I will sit down in the conveniently free seat next to you and say "heeeeeey Lolli".... Yes yes?

Tee hee, Star Wars was funky except for the absolutley appalling acting - oh well..
(you really do look at the lightsabre scenes in a different way after doing poi/staff)

XXxxxXX

Squeak, moo.And what IS so funny about peace love and understanding??

478 posts

Posted:
lmao odissi, think we'll leave it at 'see each other there', heehee, it was just a thought

glad starwars was good, though im told jaja binks (or how ever yous spell his name ) is only n it for a few mins. . . how wude! (lame i know, sorry!)

anyhows, see all you fluffy people on sun yey

lolli

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Yay,

Tomorrow is our day and if the weather keeps up it should be a real nice one... Just saying hello and reminding ppl tomorrow is the day...

Hmmmmm I'll go put those brownies in the oven now

Anyway I am heading off now hope to see u all tomorrow... Cant wait!!!!

Oh does anyone have poi for me to buy I need them!!! Badly

Take care and see u all soon, love to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Eee Gad, isn't it annoying when you find out about things the day they are happening after you've made plans. Darn it all...

Look forward to the 16th though.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
My RSI in my wrist has flared up again so I'm giving Clapham a miss today. Hope you guys all have heaps of fun!

Wish I was there....

Page: ...