.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey all you fire bugs!

I been granted permission from the council to use the beacon for a fire over winter for Moon Fest, (in June, July, and August) just so long as various conditions are met.

So just to keep it all safe and friendly, plaese leave the tending of the fire to the Moon fest crew. We've been asked to supply our own wood (not from the surrounding bush) so if you can help out in that way I'd be very greatful!

WARNING: THE METAL SCULPTURE AROUND THE FIRE PIT DOES GET HOT SO PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!!

Please stay a good distance from the fire and keep an eye on your children and loved ones, we don't want anyone getting hurt.

That's ennough of the saftey fire police stuff (though it is important) Migrating to the Beacon means we'll be warm over the winter months and Moon Fest can Party on! Yeay!

make sure you rug up in your warmest winter whoolies, and bring extra thick blankies and more warm fuzzies to spread around

We'll just twirl, dance, drum and snuggle ourselves warm!

There will be HOT chai to keep hands, and bellies warm so don't forget your mugs.

See you Sunday (in the usual spot ~ not the beacon) for the Masquerade Moon Fest!

Love Elke

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!
mmm bonfire....warm fuzzies...
twirlin'...dancin'....drummin'.....
and Chai!!

what date is the August Full Moon?? that's the one i will come to....its so hard for me to get there but i August i shall come because its my birthday month and its a special birthday that i have to do something for! so what could be better than a moon fest??!!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
August is my birthday month too!!! Infact Moon Fest is the day After my Birthday! 23rd of August. Hope you can Make it! It should be really lovely down there. I've wanted to use that space for a while and Winter Moon Fests seems perfect! Yeay!!!!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
August is my month too... but I'm the 5th... But I'm thinking of coming up... to see all you guys... and maybe my family... but my Dad...

---------------------------------------------
They can do wonderful things with airbrushes these days.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
my birthday is the 3rd
and yes you will see me there hopefully...special effect shall be made!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yeay! See you guys then!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...thought I'd just bump this up this morning and remind all you lovely Brisbane fire folk to come along tonight to the masquerade Moon Fest...

It will be in the normal place (ie near the rock jetty)- *not* the Beacon (like the ones through winter will be)... so bring warm blankies and cosy cuddles and lots of fuel so you can firedance the cold away (not that we really can call it cold..*)

see you all tonight...
love Bec

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

what a cosy one that was..

lots of lovely toys and so many fire friends I haven't seen in ages... maybe it's the cooler weather that brings everyone out...?

...and what lovely masks... but prize *definitely* goes to Jez's fire-headpiece mask... a little scary but very yummy!

see you all next full moon if not before...*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yup! Jez is the winner for sure!

3,492 posts

Posted:
I'm wondering if anyone has any Braziers they can bring for the next few gatherings at the Beacon... We have two, but I thought a few more cozy fires round the place would be lovely... I'm going to buy a few bags of those fire coals... So they will keep nice and contained, and not too much mess for me to clean up at the end of the night!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Winter Moon Fest Dates are:

Tuesday 25th June

Wednesday 24th July

Friday 23rd August

and I'm still after any braziers anyone has to bring*:.

3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
originally posted by bec: ...and what lovely masks... but prize *definitely* goes to Jez's fire-headpiece mask... a little scary but very yummy!

If you'd like to see a fantastic photo of this go to the moonfest Web page at https://communities.msn.com/moonfest
....& go to the may moon fest photo album.... Sorry I don't know how to make it easy and clickable.... there are also some awsome photos from the Medieaval Fayre in another album aswell!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well, the fist of the Beacon Fire Moon Fests is on Tuesday (25th June) I can't wait!!!

I'm on my way to the shops to buy some yummy bits and pieces for chai and treats! see ya!