Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Fire Performers for Medievlal Fayre, Bris.

Login/Join to Participate

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hi All!

If you'd like to be involved in the fire performance at the Medieval Fayre at Musgrave Park South Bribane on the 8th of June just turn up to the rehearsal the week before, Sat 1st June. To sighn up (so we can put your name on the "Free Entry" list) Contact Bec or myself at moonfest@bigpond.com or the moonfest sight https://communities.msn.com/moonfest
Yeay! hope to see you there!

[ 21 May 2002, 12:20: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Dmanit... why did I have to leave... I really wanted to go to that aswell... ohhh... now I remember...

------------------------------------------------------

We all get the spotlight eventually. You can have it when I done.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
yay its medieval fayre time again!!!
i've been the last few years but this year is going to be different coz i'm going to be having a market stall there!! so i can't wait to see your fire performance because i have never seen one really....and the fayre is just so special and has such a lovely atmosphere...
who else is going?

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
lovely... butterfly, what will you be selling at your stall?

Do come and be involved in the show... *everyone* is invited to be part of it - there will be room for everyone - no matter how much or little experience you've had with fire.
There will be sections where performers are just holding fire torches and doing a big Fire Circle Dance.. or a fire version of Thai Pole Jumping... but then there will be both choreographed twirling sets and then a form-based choreography of freestyle twirling if you really want to come and show off your tricky double-triple-backspin-wrap-to-the-power-of-infinity-beats

We're playing with some other fun new toys too - we'll let you know when (if) they work out...*

So please do contact us if you want to sign up for performing - we need to provide the organisers with a performer list so you don't have to pay to get in

Oh, and we're also doing another show on the Sunday night as well - we'll decide at the rehearsal on the 1st June if everyone wants to do that one too, but at this stage it'll be a smaller show with just the core group of Phoenix Fire Tribe... so if you can't make it Saturday, come along the next night instead...*

Love to you all and don't forget this coming Sunday *masquerade* theme for Moon Fest...

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
PS Arsn... Go on, just come up and visit for a couple of weeks... we will need someone to wear the Fire Wings again... but this time you have to stay for the performance!

1,903 posts

Posted:
*Rubs chin, and ponders... maybe a snow trip can wait till next year when more people are perpared... and able... and Bender and falloutboy and the other few Melbournites of maybe able come up to Brizzy???... I get back to ya Bec... (and hold those wings)

Truly great friends are hard to find, hard to leave, and impossible to forget.

[ 21 May 2002, 11:12: Message edited by: Arsn ]

3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
tricky double-triple-backspin-wrap-to-the-power-of-infinity-beats
Kee Hee heehe, I'd love to see that!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
heyo
i'm going to be sharing with an artist friend of mine who does these amazing drawings of celtic/fantastical/sci-fi (aliens and stuff)/native americans etc etc....he's so very talented....i share with him every wkend at the southbank markets.....i dye slips and things all crazy and colourful and sell them ..as well as look after the stall...
as for performing hehe ....i think i'll just watch....i want to be dazzled and amazed by an awesome fireshow because i haven't been yet.. perhaps next year....i may feel more comfortable about performing then ...but i'll see if anyone i know would want to...i can think of one or two ...sounds like its going to be incredible!!

1,903 posts

Posted:
The more I've been thinking about this guys... the more I wanna go... however... Brick wall... We have nowhere to stay... I would've got us to stay with my olds... however... my father "still" wont even talk to me... so Bec and E... Moon Pixie... would we be able to stay in the Phoenix Hotel???... I promise to ask every thing by raising my hand... we can help you guys make stuff... pleaseeeeeee...

I aspire to help my fellow man. As long as he’s not smelly or dirty or something gross.

[ 21 May 2002, 15:18: Message edited by: Arsn ]

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
hmmm...... well I would love to say yes, really I would... but we kind of have a (over)full house at the moment... 3 grown-ups (or kind of) a 4- year old and 2 dogs all in a pretty small 2-bedroom house... but if my brother & his son & ridgeback dog happen to find somewhere else to live in the next month I'll let you know and of course you'd all be more than welcome to stay!

1,903 posts

Posted:
You know ya miss me... c'mon... say it... say it...

3,492 posts

Posted:
I miss ya Arson! Coz you don't read your messages!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
just a note...
if it happens to be raining on Saturday (fingers crossed it won't, though) - please contact us as we'll have to postpone the rehearsal... a little drizzle won't stop us, but we've got *heaps* to do - so we may either make it the Sunday instead or something... just after the rainy day yesterday it has got me a tad worried... anyway, see you Saturday!

love Bec

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
well it just happens to be the most perfect first day of winter! ...the bluest of blue skies out my window and me sitting in a sleeveless top at 8am in the morning... can't help but love this little part of the world..*

anyway... needless to say the big rehearsal will be on today as planned - just to re-iterate the times...

2-6pm today for the rehearsal... and
6pm next Saturday (8th June) for the performance...
both at Musgrave Park, South Brisbane

email me early this morning with any questions, otherwise see all you lovely Brisbane fire folk this afternoon...*

[ 01 June 2002, 10:09: Message edited by: bec ]

3,492 posts

Posted:
And the Rain Came....

But we're not going to let that from stopping a brilliant show from happening!!! So we're going to give it another try today from 4pm to 6pm. Hope you can make it!

Did anyone see the most beautiful gorgeous rainbow just after we left? And then the Sun came out! GGRRRRRRrrrrrr! Bloody Wheather! So thanks guys for sticking it out through the drizzle. Pitty the rain clouds wouldn't have it and decided to rain harder!

Also on Thursday at Roma St Parklands the Brisdjembe Drummers will be running through the Rhythms and music for the performance so if you can make it along then for abit of a run through, it'd be SO wonderful!

See you this Arvo!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Ok, looks like it might rain again today, so no go with the rehearsal this arvo... But Thursday at Roma St Parklands run through is Starting from 6pm if you can make it and then...

Friday night we'll have a Fire Run through at Musgrave Park from 6pm

and on the day of the Performance (Sat 8th June) Please gather at the Feild of Honour at 'round 4:30pm so we can clean up any loose ends with the performance and prepare for the show.

totally understand if you have other commitments for some of these rehearsals but please try your best to make as many of them as you can... it will make all the difference!

Thanks lovely people see you soon!

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
yeah how about the rain???
it was such a lovely day on saturday...then the rain came lol....at least it held off for a little while both saturday and sunday....its quite frustrating ...it doesn't rain all week (with the excepsion of wednesday) but rains on the wkend when the markets are on...grrr no fair lol....but i gotta say...wasn't today (monday) the best under-the-covers-with-a-good-book day?
thats where i wanted to be today haha...
looking forward to the fayre and the fire performance on the wkend guys....lets hope the rain holds off till the monday!! byeee

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well, it's ment to fine up on Thusday... I hope so! Hope your stall goes well, Butterfly! I'll see you there

Butterflymember
21 posts

Posted:
thanks Moon Pixie!! see you all there!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh Wow! Thanks to everyone who participated in the fire show! It was Amazing! We all did SO well.... The show was beautiful and ran so smoothly! And thanks to all who came along the seccond night aswell, and were able to deal with the shortage of people and still pull off a magnificent show

Congratulations everyone!